[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Crafting Menu Reset / Story Items Locked

Issue Summary:
Players have reported an issue with the crafting menu resetting when the reload the game. This can result in items previously crafted being listed as uncrafted and the Story items not unlocking or returning to their locked state if some bosses have already been killed.

Workarounds:
For the Story / locked items, it may be possible to craft these using the quick crafting menu rather than the main crafting menu. Please let me know if this does/doesn’t work for you.

TheBacon-420 noted that after killing a boss, they found that while still in the boss area, if you use R1 to access the quick crafting menu, you should be able to craft the story parts.

If you cannot craft the parts in the quick crafting menu, please try traveling back to the boss area to see if they are craftable there.

Further Reporting
So far, the players that have reported this on the forums has been from Multiplayer games. If you experience this in a Single Player game, please let me know. Please also let me know if you defeat a boss and successfully unlock any of the story items while playing version 2083

I’ve just logged in and gone to the freighter in an attempt to “unlock” the story items again. Nothing happened.

@AllKnowingAnorak - Another player noted that they were able to craft items using the quick crafting menu even though they are locked in the main crafting menu. Please let me know if this workaround works for you.

Edited main post to include potential workaround and changed the title to better reflect the issue.

I just killed the squid and it says I unlocked the part and trophie but when I go into the menu to craft it, it’s not there still has the locked symbol

Hi Angel, welcome to the forums - I moved your post to a more relevant known issues post.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been affected by this issue. Please see workarounds in the main post above and please let me know if you are able to make the locked items by using the quick crafting menu rather than the main crafting menu. Being in the boss arena may be required if you only recently defeated the boss.

Edit: changed title to better reflect issue / make it easier to find for players searching.

2 posts were split to a new topic: [2083] Trophies not unlocking

Hello everyone, so i´m a trophy hunter and im trying to get the last trophy needed for the platinum and of course its the monster “gotta craft them all” in a Multiplayer lobby, cuz i started the game with a friend and then kept going alone on that save (an idea would be, being able to play that save in solo to)…

This trophy seems impossible in a Multiplayer lobby, since every session it resets the crafted items (the brown background changes to grey), also loses track of the bosses you had killed even you´re able to craft the trophies and the plane parts, both in quick craft, while the crafting menu they´re locked…

My guess from many games played before is, the team should keep the track of the items crafted by items ingame (builted or destroyed) on that save, NEVER depending on the session, i think you should remove that criteria since it´s all because of that, that people are getting mad/sad, even we are tracking everything on the side, notepad, excel, photos, its annoying the game having a tracking system that doesn´t work at all
keep in mind i´m only talking about Multiplayer
and besides everything, your game its amazing, really, we want to build mansions, ships and what ever comes to mind, but noone wants to start from scratch to try doing every single thing AGAIN on single player since the game its so laggy that it takes ages to finish.