The team wanted to give you some info on where Console is at with regards to the next update and issues being worked on.
Our top priorities are all issues related to saving, achievements and crates.
We have identified some scenarios where the game could fail to save. We haven’t been able to reproduce these scenarios, but we’re making sure that they are handled and any errors are displayed to the player so there is no confusion.
We’ve also identified some scenarios where achievements may not unlock and have a fix in the works. A major cause of desyncs was discovered and fixed; we’re hoping this addresses some related issues that have been hard to reproduce. It was discovered after a lot of testing as the conditions to reproduce were very unpredictable, so it’s great we were able to find and fix this.
We’re continuing to run extended play-tests to reproduce crate issues.
Below is a list of issues which were reported to us by the community and have now been fixed, these are either in the final stages of testing, or waiting to be grouped into an update for release.
We have also included a list of a number of high priority issues and in progress issues which the team are continuing to work on.
We’re looking at open slots with Sony and Microsoft so the next patch can be submitted to them and approved for release as soon as possible.
- Story items remaining locked in the main menu.
*We spend extra time on this to ensure these items unlock retroactively too. So if you’ve already beaten the bosses, you should be able to craft each of the story items without issue.
- Hooks and Shelves not attaching to walls
- Various crafted items (including piles) not being placable on foundations
- Started crate not showing all available slots.
*The starter crate will now show 8 available slots. Starter crates on PC will also be balanced to match.
- Player 2 losing all interactions in game after using a Pile in Multiplayer
*This issue had a trickle-down effect that caused other issues with desyncing in multiplayer.
- Deconstruction of Raft bases.
- Toolbelt slots locked in the crafting menu.
Top Priority and In Progress:
- “Continue” option missing for players who saved on their raft in the water.
- “Continue” option missing for multiplayer sessions after saving for the first time.
- Crates shifting and in some cases disappearing on reload of a save or area.
- Rafts moving / disappearing on reload
- Player crates and items moving and sinking into the center of their island
- Achievements - we are continuing with testing on these, a few achievements were blocked by issues listed in “Fixed” above and should now unlock correctly.
- The PS controller touchpad produces fast clicking sounds when in menus.
- Construction outline for raft parts becoming stuck when attempting to build a raft.
Please do not worry if the issue you reported is not listed above, the team will be working through reports and continuing with more fixes.
Thank you to everyone for their continued support and patience as the team works to resolve these issues and get the next update out asap. While some of the issues may not have a fix in time for release in the next update, they will be included in the following update. We will announce the confirmed contents of the update itself closer to release.