[Known Issue] Deconstruction of raft bases

UPDATE 2:
A fix for this issue was released in version 2121. Please see the notes here: [Console] Update 2121 Release Notes and Info
If you still experience this issue in the latest version, please submit a report in the Console Bug Reports section with as much information as possible so they team can investigate any potential issues that result in similar errors. Thank you.

UPDATE:
The team are testing the fix for this issue and it should be released in the next update (exact release date to be confirmed) More info on this upcoming release can be found here: Message from the Team - Console Update Progress Info

Issue Summary:
It is currently not possible to deconstruct raft bases. When attempting to deconstruct bases players will receive an error message saying the object still supports other items and cannot be destroyed.

Update: This issue may not affect every player, some players may find they can deconstruct bases without issue. If you have found this to be an issue however, please let us know.

Workarounds:
There is currently no guaranteed workaround for this issue. However, it may be possible to break down raft bases if only one side is attached to something else.

Note: User TwistedShadowSaf found that when trying to deconstruct some parts of their base, that flipping the base upside down allowed them to disassemble parts of their raft. If you try this and it works for you, please let me know.

Please see Nunyabid’s suggestion in the comment below:

The team are continuing to review the fix created for this. In the meantime, Picaro has shared the method they used in v2111 below:

3 Likes

I read your thread. Thanks for update. Im following your instructions to let you know if im having the same issue…”yes, i am”. I just discovered it, right now, while trying to deconstruct the raft that has motor operation issues.

Thank you for letting me know and sharing the image Spaz124 - it helps me to keep track of those affected and if issues persist for players across updates.

I have the same issue with raft bases. I find that if I only have a single raft base, I can break it down with the knife/axe. However, as soon as two or more are attached, it is not possible to breakdown a raft base.

Thank you for sharing how this issue has manifested for you Vindicator78

I haven’t been able to deconstruct this Buoy base but I have been able to deconstruct bases made of sticks recently.

Hi HeraldOfTruth,

Thank you for highlighting buoy ball bases are the ones causing issue for you. Can you confirm for me if you stick bases were attached to the Buoy ball base at all or were they an independant build?

Hi Clare,

The stick base that I deconstructed was not connected to anything. I never had anything connected to this Buoy raft. I made a mistake in building when I first started playing because I didn’t know the proper way to build things which resulted in this Buoy base being unused and never attached to anything.

1 Like

Thank you HeraldOfTruth, I shall let the team know that this has occured for you in your save and that you were able to deconstruct other base types.

I still can not destroy raft bases either myself i am still getting the same message as everyone else has.
Even if i switch accounts to a different console i have tried 3 different accounts on 3 different PS4’s that we have at home and all give the same message.
Pretty disheartened really :disappointed_relieved:

I’m sorry to hear that this issue is affecting all of the saves you have checked Chris5355. Were the bases a mix of materials or were any created out of one material? (eg: sticks)

Bit of a combo issue:

My raft is built like this - tyre base with a stick base on each side, then another stick base extending out from each stick base, so there’s no base in front of the tyres in a 3x2 raft.

1. I cannot fill in the spot in front of the tyres. Stick base and buoy base will not snap in place. Thought maybe if it was built beside one base and not in between two…

2. I cannot destroy either of the surrounding stick bases :frowning: having that known issue of the game thinking they’re supporting an object.

Hi Jopacr - welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue, I will pass this information onto the team.

You mentioned you couldn’t place another stick or buoy base into that spot, but since reporting did you aquire any more tyres(or barrels) to try make a base with? If so, did that fit in correctly?

on ps4 i have a 3x6 raft base with barrel, gap, barrel, gap, barrel, barrel down the middle with tyres covering each side with one stick raft piece misplaced at the end off it that wont come off since it supports structure it claims atleast. raft was originally 7x10, with 2x1 connections so it would support each other but the one stick raft piece at the end wont come off

Hi coconut-whisper - welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing the details of your raft layout. To confirm I have this information correct, are you able to remove the barrel and tyre pieces without issue, or are all parts including the misplaced stick part experiencing the same problem?

This issue still persists, I made a 2x3 (3 barrel parts and 3 tyre) raft base just made because every piece was deep inside a ship and i couldn’t get them out from the door so there were 6 tyres and 9 barrels all gone to waste because i cant break them apart. I wanted to use these parts for my already created large raft. It feels really annoying when a game basically about construcing things can’t even construct/deconstruct properly. Also, atleast there should have been a way to combine raft bases to other large raft bases without deconstructing each part and adding them piece by piece.

1 Like

Hi Shredder - welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing the details of your raft construction when you experienced this issue and you’re feedback on attaching bigger parts together - especially as they workaround for getting items out of ship doorways can result in losing materials that wont break down. I will add this to my report on the issue.

Took a couple sessions but I gathered up some tyres and was able to place them in the gap. They didn’t appear to snap very nicely but did eventually get placed, and I placed a plank floor on top. So that worked. I’ll try to destroy and use buoy balls next time.

Did the fix come out?

I am new to this game (started playing 4 days ago).
The game is not allowing to destroy plank container shelves, raft base,lamp post and also player is unable to pick up the tree trunk (after dismantled from plank station).Can any one help me .i just want to change my raft design.

Its a good game and i was so addicted.

Hi Prudhvi - Welcome to the forums!

The team are still working on the issue with the raft bases mentioned above.

With regards to other issues - There is no feedback when breaking down plank shelves and the lamp posts but they should break down evenutally - the team are aware of this too.

With regards to the dismantelling the plank station, I’d greatly appreciate you submitting a bug report in the bug report section - [Console] Bug Reports - Stranded Deep with as much detail as you can and I’ll add it to a report for the team to investigate - thank you :slight_smile: