[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Crafting Menu Reset / Story Items Locked

Hi Kornology, welcome to the forums and my apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

The team are aware of the issue of not being able to craft story items - and the workaround of not being able to craft them in the quick crafting menu no longer working since the update to 2104. They are working on resolving this issue variation as quickly as possible.

From your post it also sounds like you are referring to an issue with not receiving the Call Me Ahab trophy, which the team released a fix for, but is now affected by this issue variation in 2104. If you were able to craft the squid trophy, but did not get the Call Me Ahab achievement, please do let me know as information about how the issue is presenting for players would be very valuable to the team as they work to resolve this.

I completely understand how frustrating this issue is for players and how it can affect gameplay, especially now with the workaround not working. While we have no issue with positive or negative feedback about the game or players sharing their frustration about issues they are experiencing, we ask that you please adhere to the Rules and Guidelines of the forums when posting and keep posts respectful and avoid presumptions about staff or their actions.

If there is any extra information you can provide about how this issue presented for you / what steps were taken from beating the boss to attempting to craft trophies and items, and if you’d beaten any of the other bosses before this with/without issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Incredibly disappointing game. Although, it’s not much of a game on console because you have bugs that prevent you from completing it.
Bosses can be fought, but they don’t drop the story items and the story recipes don’t unlock

My friend and I found this game and played over the past month only to find we can’t complete the game because of bugs that existed for over a year.
I can see why people are pissed. It’s even more annoying that this game just became available on game pass but we both purchased. You shouldn’t be selling a game that doesn’t have ANY of the mechanics to complete it.
I’ll be posting reviews anywhere i can to prevent people from making the same mistake.

Hi XboxUser, welcome to the forums and thank you for your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that this issue has affected you also and I understand the frustration yourself and other players feel. The team are aware of the impact this issue is having on completing the game after the update to 2104 and are working to resolve quickly.

I can confirm that going back to the boss area does not restart the fight (the Meg is gone) and we can’t quick craft anything.

Thank you for confirming that XboxUser. While the team are working hard to fix this asap, I will continue to stress this point and the impact it has on players to them.

Having The Same Problem. I beat The Meg 3 Times And Still haven’t gotten my craftables.

Added the following update to the top post:

Update 23/01/10
After the update for 2104, the quick crafting workaround no longer works for players, but players are continuing to experience issues with story items being locked in the crafting menu.
The team are aware of this issue and the impact it has. They believe they now know the cause and have found a fix for the issue. They are currently working on and testing the fix.

Hi Phiruh, welcome to the forums. Thank you for taking the time to report your experience of this issue and I’m sorry to hear it is affecting your save also. Please see the comment between yours and this one for the latest update.

Added to original post above:

Update 23/01/11
The team are working to get a hotfix for this issue out as quickly as possible.
Message from the Team - Issue Update - Story Items Locked In Crafting Menu - I’ll update with more information as soon as I have it.

Hi me and a buddy have been playing the game for a couple days now and just got to the part where we needed to start killing the bosses for the parts. We have the same bug everyone else has. I see that you guys are aware of the problem but do you have a timeline for when it might be fixed? Very frustrating not being able to finish the game after having so much fun the past few days.

Hi steven.dell, welcome to the forums,

I underfortunately do not have a timeline for when the fix will be released. I only know that the team are working on testing the fix and getting the hotfix update ready. As soon as I hear of a date or potential timeframe I’ll let the community know.

The team understand how frustrating and disheartening this issue is for players and are working to get the fix out asap.

A post was split to a new topic: [XBox][2104] Some items not registering as crafted

Having this issue aswell have no items crafts le in my quick menu either :confused:

Hi E90xBOOTLEGGER, welcome to the forums.
Thank you for reporting you experience this issue also and for confirming the quickcraft menu workaround is also not working in your save. I’m sorry to hear it is affecting your save too.

Latest update on progress towards releasing a fix: Message from the Team - Console Update Progress Info

Any update for a patch on crafting story parts?

1 Like

Hi Leroy956,

I have not recieved any additional info on the update from the team as yet. As soon as I have more info I will create a new post in News and Announcements so it can’t be missed.

Update 2107 has been released. These items should now unlock as intended in crafting menus. Please see: [Console] Update 2107 Release Notes and Info for more

A post was split to a new topic: [2107] Fish stuck on spears

A post was split to a new topic: [2107] Stuttering and moving crates