[Known Issue] Deconstruction of raft bases

Hi Kwiila, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting this. I’ll add it to my report for the team so they’re aware that you’re unable to break down base parts that were under container shelves at all, regardless of how many sides are joined. It’s possible the game sees this as another form of whatever conditions prevent them from breaking down when attached by 2 sides, but I’ll make sure it’s highlighted for the team so they can investigate it.

As a side note, the container shelves do not give any refunds material wise, however I have submitted a request on behalf of the community that the team considering changing this.

1 Like

(Xbox series s) I just joined the forum specifically for this issue, I noticed that I couldn’t deconstruct any raft bases after multiple tries. I stripped the raft and tried again and still nothing. I flipped the raft and tried to take off the one portion that was only attached to one part and nothing worked. My raft is mostly wood bases, there are two barrel and one tire bases and a mix of scrap and wood flooring. I do think that picarro had a good idea with the tools to break down each base, it would be simple and an easy workaround for now.

1 Like

Hi Vinyl365, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for providing the details of your own experience and for sharing that image of your raft. For the parts that were only connected by one side, do you recall if they had container shelves ontop of them at any point?

Thank you also for your feedback regarding Picarros suggestion.

I shall pass your info and this screenshot onto the team.

1 Like

I haven’t placed any items on the raft other than the rudder, sail, anchor, and flooring.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that for my Vinyl365. I will note this for the team.

1 Like

Added to top post:

UPDATE:
The team are testing the fix for this issue and it should be released in the next update (exact release date to be confirmed) More info on this upcoming release can be found here: Message from the Team - Console Update Progress Info

2 Likes

First off apologies for reviving an old thread but I just wanted to share what I’ve personally noticed about raft deconstruction. (PS4). You can’t just destroy whichever base you want to. You have to start with the very last base you added and work your way backwards otherwise you get the “other stuff depends on this” prompt because the subsequently added bases you know, depend on it. If players don’t know which was added last they could just trial and error it until they find the base that lets them start. It’ll only be one. I think a lot of this “bug” isn’t a bug at all just an order of operations error for lack of a better term. Not positive obviously though just my experience. Thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

Hi Nunyabid - welcome to the forums,

Thank you for taking the time to post what you have found has worked for you based on your experience with the game. I’ll add this to the post above as other players may wish to try it and find it useful for them.

I wish that the build order trick worked for me. But i’ve combed over every single raft base i’ve ever made now trying to destroy every single base. (after striping them down fully of any add-ons and flooring…)

I have 5 rafts

1x 5x4 made entirely of sticks
1x 5x4 made of everything, barrels/tires/buoys/sticks
1x 5x3-1 made of everything, barrels/tires/buoys/sticks and missing 1 raft base
1x 3x3 made entirely of sticks
1x 2x2 made entirely of sticks

And for the 5x3 raft missing 1 base, it’s missing from the front row forth column… Leaving a base sticking out on the starboard bow attached only by it’s rear, nothing on either side of it and nothing on it’s front. And I still can’t destroy that even.

I can’t deconstruct any of them. And i’ve tried every single one of the 67 raft bases numerous times, from every which direction/angle.

I really hope the next patch fixes this…

there to busy ruining other perfectly good functions to repair any old concerns.

Ooooooo Ooooooo Ooooooo

I figured out how to destroy ALL my rafts on 2111.

I should not have given up after getting stuck again after the 2111 was released. It just takes a lot of trial and error of building a new raft base onto a “the right” stuck raft bases:

1. building a new raft base onto “the right” stuck raft base so that the new raft base is sticking outward with nothing on it’s other 3 sides.
  2. Destroy only that stuck raft base, if it fails you didn’t choose “the right” stuck raft base, try destroying your new raft base and regardless of success choose another and go back to #1
  3. Destroy the new raft base you had just built
  4. Try to destroy any other raft bases that had been touching that stuck raft base
  5. if you get stuck again, find another “the right” stuck raft base and start over at #1

notes: I did have some scary new builds where I chose the wrong “the right” stuck raft base and suddenly couldn’t destroy anything, not even my new raft base… After running away screaming and pulling my hair out the first time this happened I came back and proceeded to start over and it all ended up working out.

Another interesting observation is that some stuck raft bases simply would not allow me to build on them. I think this pertty much only occured when trying to build on the left/right sides and not the front/back ends… (and mind you, i have no clue how to tell left from right or front from back of a raft that dosen’t have a sail on it.) It seemed like all my success was from building on the fronts/backs.

Thank you for sharing that Picaro - though the team are still working on this, I’ll pin your message in the top post as it may help those trying to deconstruct raft bases in v2111.

Hey its now end of 2023 and that stupid bug still exists :slight_smile: i do understand that some coding may result in unexpected results like that but for God sake 3 years are enough to fix issues like that…

Hi mYNAMEIS, welcome to the forums,

There was a fix for this issue released in version 2121 ([Console] Update 2121 Release Notes and Info) however there is a chance there is another error triggering a similar issue for you.

If you’ve updated to version 2121 and are still experiencing this issue, please submit a report in the Console Bug Reports section with as much information about your experience as possible and I will pass it onto the relevant team members.

Thank you.

I have a 5×4 raft and all the bases say they support other buildings, upside down, right side up, doesn’t matter.

For clarification, I removed literally everything from them, there’s no floors or other structures, just bases, and I still cannot deconstruct them

Hi Fight-OfYourLife,

Thank you for reporting that you’re experiencing this issue in the current version. I’m sorry to hear it has resurfaced in your save and I have alerted the team so they can investigate why this issue is affecting players on PC and Console again.

Hello, for further clarification the issue is persisting on multiple saves not just the one.

1 Like

Is this bug going to be fixed? I tried everything, upside down, all floor descontructed, everything. I just wanted to cover a hole that I left for rudder before. I cannot complete the piece missing…

Hi TooT_ToRy_Boy,

This issue should be resloved for most players following one of the previous updates. However if you’re unable to deconstruct the bases themselves, please submit a bug report with as much additional info as possible about what your bases were made of, the configuration, what the floors were made of, were you able to decontruct the bases before etc.

I can then update the team with the information you’ve provided. I’ve seen players on PC also mention similar issues so it may be affecting all versions. But I’ll let the team know so they can investigate further.

HI Clare. How can I submit the bug report and where?