[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

Seems to be a major problem maybe you guys should test your update coz now a game I brought is near enough useless and I don’t remember any warnings when I brought the game

Is it still working for ya. Because I did the same thing and the glitch happened anyways. Did you start up a brand new game?

Commenting so I know I’ve caught up and read to here :+1: Thanks everyone for your updates and details of what you’re noticed when this issue occurs.

Please remember to post in english or provide english translations with your posts. All our staff are English speakers and need to be able to read what’s posted on the forums.

I know there’s a good few of you who are noticing other issues when posting about the interact bug. If you do, please create a seperate bug report for them - this helps me immensely when I’m collecting information for the team and it means I can also follow up with questions without them getting lost in the big threads like these or continue to drag the post off topic.

I do understand that some bugs may seem like they’re linked in so if you think they could be related or happen at the same time as the interact bug for you, please note it in the report and I can note any potential links for the team.

3 Likes

Is it fixed? I wanna play

I wana play too…when is this game gona be fixed?

I just had an update

PS4 updated just now. All saved games r gone. Fine with me. Started playing not long before the bug came so didn’t get far. Some ppl might not like that though.

Got an update on ps5, nothing changed, still unable to interact with objects. It was a saved game of around 13 ingame days. Now i completely erased all Stranded Deep from my ps5 and am downloading again. Gonna try it now

when people are updating, it is clearing your game saves?
I don’t think I will update then, in that case. It is working fine for me, just by turning the wildlife off (which, btw, are still present, even with wildlife off. I am still seeing boar, swimming snakes, sharks, groupers, cod, sardines, clownfish, and an increased number of those purple spiky poisonous things.

Could you please clarify?

1. Start the game - do you mean a new one?
  2. Save the game - how? You cannot save a new game. Only after you build a shelter.
    Thanks.

Same I’m on ps5 and im having this issue. Had to start over 4 times and its still.happening :frowning: please do a update… This issue for me is on the online mode as host

Hi Clare, just updated on the PS4 But the same interaction issue is happening, I’m wondering if we will get an actual statement about the update?

I didnt get any updates.im on xbox

Mine did not erase any saved games when i updated
I did erase them manually though

Oops I made a new topic, can’t interact version 1.09, guess I should have kept it here, anyway to add to that topic I made, I still can’t save with a tent so I made a sleeping bag and it works fine, although one of the times I went to pick it up, it didn’t actually get picked up, it rolled up but stayed on screen where I placed it. After walking away and back a few times( each time I got close it rolled and I get away it unfolded) it finally let me pick it up and is in my inventory. I have since dropped and saved a few times in short succession but it works. As far as my smoker, I destroyed the old one, the ring and fire as well and made a whole yo fire pit, with ring and smoker. After fighting to find the sweet spot to actually put the smoker into play, again I can put meat on and cook it but I’ll never be able to remove it and eat it.

Also during all this I noticed a hammerhead shark as I needed to cool down. No music tho. So I killed it. No change in interactions tho.

And no they didn’t clear any cache/saves. All my games are still here just not playable. But that brings the question, it appears the offline and online modes use the same save slots but save as if I start my slot one offline it goes to day one where it was, if I start slot one online it’s on 19 but no matter which one I choose the screen days it’s day one. Looks as if they are separate but overlapping. Could be cause for these and more issues.

I’m not your average gamer, I’ve gone to school several times in my life, I’m a network engineer a programmer and a web designer. Please properly test things before implementing them. There is no way this passed any test of any kind. As developers your duty is to your fans/customers/players. The last thing you want to do is upset them. Without them you could go on to make an awesome stranded deep 2 and no one would ever try it. It just appears like you said hey let’s just add another person and it will work as it is now… Yet you added so many variables at once and now your relying on the players to do your job of trouble shooting and “beta testing”

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide a quick update:

The interaction bug is our number 1 priority, followed closely by region connectivity.

We have been able to reproduce the issue and have a fix. We’re currently confirming that it is fixed for all scenarios and will be submitting a patch asap!

I thought it might also help to provide some info on the patching and submission process, as the time it takes to get a fix into your hands can take longer than you might expect. There are a few steps:

• Firstly, we have to reproduce the issue and find the cause
  • Then we work on fixing the issue
  • Once we have a fix ready, QA tests and confirms the issue is fixed
  • Then we book a submission slot with 1st parties. Availability of these slots can vary depending on how busy things are. We book the soonest slot available, taking into consideration the lead time to upload builds and fill in metadata ready for submission.
  • The submission is reviewed and approved.

There’s a lot of variables that eat up time, even once we have a fix ready. A big thanks to the community for your patience and assistance with repro info and save files. This helped us reproduce the issue quickly. We are doing everything we can to expediate these fixes.

Sam @ Beam Team

9 Likes

The update on the ps4/ps5 is supposed to fix the interation bug? The one that came a few hours back? Or should i wait for the right one?

No, the update that is currently rolling out was scheduled before co-op launched. A new update will be coming with a fix for the interaction bug.

3 Likes

When should we be expecting it?

1.the slot with the game in which you play with an error 2.save through the shelter