[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

I am playing this game on PS4. Cannot interact after day 7. Tried to start a new game three times but the bug occurs regardless of changing settings. It is still possible to interact with items that are located at a low altitude, kind of about the sea level.

@gecimar just so you know, you can still play the game, almost to the fullest, you just have to do ALL of your interactions extremely close to sea level, build everything you need right on the shore, and put your crates and items also right on the shore. Biggest problem is access to resources, but every island has about 4 to 10 fibrous leaves low enough for you to chop, and a few palm trees low enough, that you can get the resources you need to build a campsite, water still, and campfire on every island as you explore and search for loot on the shipwrecks and beaches. You won’t however be able to loot or interact with anything above water on the shipwrecks, or on the huge ship. I’ve played over 50 days with the glitch and settled every island, it’s just kind of like playing on a super extreme difficulty seeing lol. Btw, I recommend using the first several hours of gameplay BEFORE the glitch, to harvest as many fibrous leaves and palm trees as humanly possible and move that stuff to the shore, since you won’t be able to do that once it glitches.

Turning off volumetric clouds / wildlife and changing the camera to 3rd person seems to do the trick guys. So if anyone wants to play and not be stuck with this gamebreaking bug I suggest you try it. At first (from the main menu options) it didn’t work but I think it is because I removed the animals but they were still on after loading my savegame. Then I removed them from in-game options and it worked fine! I could interact with everything with no issues and before that the bug kept happening after 5 mins of just loading up my save.Something odd we found out was when the second player (I am the host) shot a flare at the air after the bug had occured for a couple seconds the hitboxes were back and you could interact with everything. Also when the second player changed the camera from first to 3rd person view the same thing happened, everything was ok for a couple seconds but bugged quickly again. We played fine for a couple hours, then I continued solo and while I was going back and forth to a couple islands it happened again though.The only thing I noticed is when the bug happens when you are going from island to island it freezes/loads just a second more than usual.

So if anyone wants to continue playing until the devs fix it :
TURN OFF VOLUMETRIC CLOUDS
REMOVE WILDLIFE
CHANGE CAMERA TO THIRD PERSON VIEW (and check from the main menu options and in-game)

1 Like

Temp fix here. Games working

Hey guys figured something out about the workaround and temp fix.

I got mine working after trying 1000 combinations of things and narrowed it down.

Removing the animals DOES work. But theres a few steps if you already removed animals before.

Do this :

Have animals turned to default and load your bugged game.

Wherever your at probably dosent have animals because you mightve had it off. They wont spawn in where your at even if you turned it back on.

Leave the cell your in with animals turned on. Go to another island it will spawn in animals. Go on the island and save it with animals still on.

Exit to menu turn animals off in menu and load your game.

It has to be saved with animals turned to default PLUS there being animals in your cell like boars crabs. Exit to menu BEFORE you load in change animalss to OFF.

If your on an island that already has animals then just turning it off in the main menu before loading might work.

Changing animals on or off in game wont remove or add them in your cell. Thats why it wouldnt work for me and whoever else it wont work for.

When people were saying it seemed like it was on a timer or they would reload amd would happen in a set time i noticed that too.

Something i just noticed is any time i load it i have just over 20 seconds till glitch but if i pause right away and that same time passes then its glitched right away. So i dont think it goes by the watch timer because whatever time you have goes by when paused too

Yeah, seems its a real time issue

I had to do this over and over before I could get past the 7 day thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can confirm this work for me, at main menu switch save file from( your save) to any of the other save slots should say creating new map at top. Go to settings turn off animals. Load your original save( for me it was slot one) and it should work I don’t know what happens if you turn animals back on haven’t tried that yet, but at least I can build and do Camp maintenance

Hi guys

It’s now been 7 days since the issue and still no patch

Also been 24hours since you became aware of the bug

The game is literally unplayable you’re losing fan base because of this

Please sort patch ASAP

what platform are you guys using where you can “turn off” animals?
I am on ps4, and at least in settings, all I see is to change the wildlife from passive to whatever the other option is (not passive).
Are you creating a map in cartographer and spawning a map with no optional animals on it? Is that what you are talking about, or are you using a PC and there are additional options?

Lol its not 24 hours theyve been aware… The first posts from people started less than 1 day after release 9 days ago and over 400 posts bon stop since then.

Its not a bug that would have been hard to find. Every single one of their players managed to find it very quickly with no effort. No player is unnaffected. If they tested a couple hours of their paid time no different wouldve seen it too.

The options for wildlife are “default” “passive” “remove”

That worked for me twice but bow it wont work and im on less than half a bar of health

hmm, yes, you are right. I have removed the wildlife now, and can confirm that the bug did not trigger this time. That’s a relief.

Wow. How did you do it exactly? I cant get mine to unbug. Must be really specific way to do it

Before when i did remove animals i didnt see giant crabs and boars.

When i do remove wildlife in the menu then load my game theres still a boar right near me and crabs i dont think its removing them so its not triggering the fix again

did you save your changes before you exited the options? I removed the wildlife from the main menu, then entered the game

Yeah i did over and over even tried going to a different island and doing it different ways

hmm, I’m not sure then

it all worked. Hurrah!! Before starting the game, I removed the animals, went into the game, there was an interaction, then I returned everything in the options and it works !!!

1. start the game 2. in the main menu in the settings, remove wild animals 3. go into the game, the interaction works 4. save the game. 5. open options and return animals. 6.Go back to the game and save 7.Play for fun