[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

I am unable to interact with most things now after exploring an island. I had no problems with other islands but after anchoring near this particular island is when it all began. I’m still able to pickup rocks and sticks sometimes as long as they are on sand but I can’t chop Yucca, pick flowers/herbs, mine ores, and use my water still. It’s incredibly difficult to use my sail/rudder/anchor and raft container shelves as I have to be in one particular spot to interact with those(usually right next to it and looking straight down). I thought it might just be a bugged island at first but it is now happening at my starting island as well as 2 others I explored in the past with no issues.

Seed: 91407298

I only changed the sensitivity in the settings and did not create any custom islands.

I tried restarting the game, the console and also did a database rebuild.

15 Likes

Hi Sleveri, welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues interacting with items.

Please let me know:

• From your description this sounds like a preexisting save that was updated, is that correct?
  • Were you already on the new island when you loaded the game or did you travel there?
  • When you first arrived, could you interact without issue?
  • Do you recall if while on the island your character was injured or if there was particular action performed that may have triggered this issue to occur?
  • If it occured after some gameplay, do you recall roughly how long it was before you noticed the issue on this island?

Any extra information about your experience on the issue would be greatly appreciated as it may help in the investigation.

Thank you

Hi Clare,

I am having the same problem!
Playing as host in online mode. I cannot interact with most items (it seems only my shelter I can use). I can’t even destroy built items such as walls on the house I built. My storage boxes also don’t let me interact with them.

It seems this is since the most recent patch. I have been playing the game (11 days in) and I’ve been to two islands but I am back on the first island I started on when I noticed the issue… I really can’t continue playing if I can’t interact with items.

Please help!!

1 Like

Hi Natma101 - welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your experience of this issue.

Were you using a life raft or a raft you built when traveling?

I’m afraid I don’t have any workarounds at the moment, but I’m adding all the info players are giving me to a report for the team.

1 Like

Same exact issue with mine. Yes it’s an older save but has alot done on it. First ran into a game crash after I kill the squid and tried to save but game worked normally after that. But this issue happened while sailing near another boss area and the game hard lags for a second and all these issues occur. I try to go to a nearby island to save restock etc. But can’t attack giant crabs, use a shelter, cut trees , yucca. All commands like lowering sail and picking up rocks plants are now super pinpoint and don’t highlight. Please fix

4 Likes

Hi Markenhouser, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing the details of your experience. I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your save as well. Can you confirm for me what platform you are playing on and if you’re using a rudder or boat motor on your raft?

I am having the same issue. Like others I have cleared cache, rebuilt data base, and etc. and nothing has fixed it. The game cannot be played in the current state. I have posted answers to your questions below for additional detail.

[quote=“Clare, post:2, topic:1675”]

• From your description this sounds like a preexisting save that was updated, is that correct?
    Yes
  • Were you already on the new island when you loaded the game or did you travel there?
    On an explored island I use as “home”
    I can interact at first but not after ~5min. This started at around 1hr but has since gotten worse and is unplayable in its present state
  • Do you recall if while on the island your character was injured or if there was particular action performed that may have triggered this issue to occur?
    There is no particular event that triggers it. I can simply perform tasks on the island or sail out on a raft I built with the same result. If on the raft, I can only interact with the rudder. That eventually stops once docked on land
  • If it occured after some gameplay, do you recall roughly how long it was before you noticed the issue on this island?
    It started at about an hour. Now, I am lucky to get 5 min

PS4

1 Like

I’m on ps4. I have both a motor and rudder but haven’t made fuel. It’s the sail that gives the most problem to release. Havent saved my game after the glitch because I’m in fear It will last forever. It happens every time I go near the next boss though

1 Like

I thought that maybe if I waited for night and slept in a camp it would fix. But found out it’s not letting me sleep in the tent after. The save I’m at is not glitches so I won’t save until there is a fix for this

Hi Markenhouser,

Thank you for those details, I shall add them to my report for the team. I understand your decision of waiting to save and if a workaround is found I’ll let the community know.

1 Like

Hi JusStranded,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience and using the questions I wrote above. I will add your details to my report for the team.

I’ve just loaded my game back up and I’m struggling to get off my gyrocopter when I travel to a different island when I did manage to get off I can not interact with anything on the island

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Whenever I travel to another island by raft I can’t seem to interact with anything or pick anything up. Would be good to see a fix for this as I can’t continue to play the game if it’s going to do this :frowning:

3 Likes

Ps4. Same exact problem. All of a sudden after update. Went to save, promt dissapeares. Cant highlight things. Cant chop plants. Cant kill anything. Cant get water from stills…

Can’t progress… and was really into the game.

5 Likes

After the update the gameplay started getting glitchy when moving around and freezing a bit now it’s unplayable just tried to leave the island and the gyrocopter slammed back into the floor sideways and now I can’t get back on it . When I purchased the game from PlayStation store they didn’t mention it’s not finished and keeps needing updates never had that on older consoles you brought the game and it was finished , no bugs . Now there half done not tested . Like selling a car that the brakes are enough to get by till they figure out some better ones

2 Likes
    Yes it was a preexisting save(25 in game days) that was updated.

I was travelling there.

I had no problems looting all the ship/plane wrecks. Had my first issue trying to pick up a rock on the beach.

No injuries. My raft did seem to glitch out more than usual when I had to drag it through a shallow spot.

I was playing for a couple hours on my starter island before this. I only noticed the issue after looting the ship/plane wrecks, so maybe 10-20 minutes on the new island.

1 Like

Thank you all for sharing details of your experiences. I understand how frustrating and disheartening this issue can be and I really appreciate you all taking the time to report this issue.

@Sleveri - Thank you for responding to with answers to my questions. I’ll update the notes I have on your experience of the issue in my report for the team.

Hi. Happened to me too.
First thanks for the update, multiplayer was amazing adition.
Me and my friend decided to create a new save, no custom Islands, hard, permadeath, random seed, we didnt even look the boss location.
We played fine for 10 days. On our third Island exploration this glitch happened. We werent In combat at time. We noticed we couldnt grab coconuts or cut trees. We decided to go back to our base Island and it was normal. One day later the glitch happened in our base Island too.
What I noticed about the glitch is that the point of interaction with objects gets lower in height, is easier to grab rocks and sticks crounched. Everything else couldnt be interacted, we died of thirsty.
It was possible to interact with raft parts aiming in weird places, lower than usual, except crates.
The glitch happened in two Islands while doing different chores, Im still confused about the cause.
Also while releasing big itens direct from the inventory they spawn under the player. Sometimes launching the player a little bit and making the item dig in the ground. It doesnt happen If the player hold the item in ‘hand’ first and release It. Leaving the Island and coming back to reload made the item appear somewhere close.

I will try to replicate the glitch somehow and pinpoint the source. I know everybody is frustrated, devs even more. Lets be patient

1 Like

I was on my own island , flew to another dropped some crates so I could start collecting and it started glitching . Flew to another island and started collecting some tree trunks then started glitching again and had to leave the island