[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

I didnt get any updates.im on xbox

Mine did not erase any saved games when i updated
I did erase them manually though

Oops I made a new topic, can’t interact version 1.09, guess I should have kept it here, anyway to add to that topic I made, I still can’t save with a tent so I made a sleeping bag and it works fine, although one of the times I went to pick it up, it didn’t actually get picked up, it rolled up but stayed on screen where I placed it. After walking away and back a few times( each time I got close it rolled and I get away it unfolded) it finally let me pick it up and is in my inventory. I have since dropped and saved a few times in short succession but it works. As far as my smoker, I destroyed the old one, the ring and fire as well and made a whole yo fire pit, with ring and smoker. After fighting to find the sweet spot to actually put the smoker into play, again I can put meat on and cook it but I’ll never be able to remove it and eat it.

Also during all this I noticed a hammerhead shark as I needed to cool down. No music tho. So I killed it. No change in interactions tho.

And no they didn’t clear any cache/saves. All my games are still here just not playable. But that brings the question, it appears the offline and online modes use the same save slots but save as if I start my slot one offline it goes to day one where it was, if I start slot one online it’s on 19 but no matter which one I choose the screen days it’s day one. Looks as if they are separate but overlapping. Could be cause for these and more issues.

I’m not your average gamer, I’ve gone to school several times in my life, I’m a network engineer a programmer and a web designer. Please properly test things before implementing them. There is no way this passed any test of any kind. As developers your duty is to your fans/customers/players. The last thing you want to do is upset them. Without them you could go on to make an awesome stranded deep 2 and no one would ever try it. It just appears like you said hey let’s just add another person and it will work as it is now… Yet you added so many variables at once and now your relying on the players to do your job of trouble shooting and “beta testing”

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide a quick update:

The interaction bug is our number 1 priority, followed closely by region connectivity.

We have been able to reproduce the issue and have a fix. We’re currently confirming that it is fixed for all scenarios and will be submitting a patch asap!

I thought it might also help to provide some info on the patching and submission process, as the time it takes to get a fix into your hands can take longer than you might expect. There are a few steps:

• Firstly, we have to reproduce the issue and find the cause
  • Then we work on fixing the issue
  • Once we have a fix ready, QA tests and confirms the issue is fixed
  • Then we book a submission slot with 1st parties. Availability of these slots can vary depending on how busy things are. We book the soonest slot available, taking into consideration the lead time to upload builds and fill in metadata ready for submission.
  • The submission is reviewed and approved.

There’s a lot of variables that eat up time, even once we have a fix ready. A big thanks to the community for your patience and assistance with repro info and save files. This helped us reproduce the issue quickly. We are doing everything we can to expediate these fixes.

Sam @ Beam Team

9 Likes

The update on the ps4/ps5 is supposed to fix the interation bug? The one that came a few hours back? Or should i wait for the right one?

No, the update that is currently rolling out was scheduled before co-op launched. A new update will be coming with a fix for the interaction bug.

3 Likes

When should we be expecting it?

1.the slot with the game in which you play with an error 2.save through the shelter

tell me how to download the save to a USB flash drive so that it does not get deleted during the update

@Sam from Beam Team,

Thank you guys for finally addressing the issue. I have watched this thread since it’s creation as I absolutely love the game and can’t wait to continue playing, but have not created an account to post til now.

I can understand how frustrating this must be as developers and I’m sure you all have been working on it since the break. Kudos also to @Clare for having to sift through the posts which can range from neurotic to outright ridiculous. Gotta love the internet. I think if people had more patience, they’d understand what a meticulous process it is to track down the cause of the problem and fix it. Ironically, probably 90% of people posting on here have played LA Noire.

I hope this update and further updates will be able to fix the problems for everyone. This game is a gem.

Just…thanks for addressing the problem and that you are working to a solution, Sam.

4 Likes

When should we expect the update?
Also, will we need to start a new game, or the update will fix the no-interation bug on previous saved games?

I got the update on PS4 and it didn’t seem to do anything I still can’t interact with anything this is very frustrating I really like the game but not being able to play I may have to switch to another survival but ile hang around for now haven’t uninstalled it yet

Seed #23331930

Multiplayer

Console PS4

@deepsurvival420 Read the post from the dev. That was a scheduled update that was put in place before coop was added and things broke. They have the fix and are going through steps to test and get it approved for roll out. That will take time but it’s in the works. Patience is a virtue!

4 Likes

Thank you @Sam for the update and information. It’s good to hear that things are on the right path, and the light at the end of the tunnel can be seen. I patiently, but eagerly, await the update and fix.

This game is my methamphetamine, I just can’t quit it lol

And, no, for those of u thinking I use drugs, I don’t. Clean as a whistle. It’s just a figure of speech :blush:

2 Likes

I do love the game that’s why I’ve stuck around ile wait for the fix and see I hope so

2 Likes

Thank you for your hard work. I told everyone to be patient coding is not easy.

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle: Ok, back to sonysoft burocracy, I hope it don’t take too long. I know is off topic but I think is a little relevant: Terraria 1.4 for update was release last month, after the submission the devs posted on twitter and it took a good chunk of days before it was released. Untill recently I didn’t knew that the submission process is so time consuming and that is a scale outside of devs hands.
As I said last week, lets be patient.
A polished delayed content is always better than a worse rushed one (creator of Mario said something like this) :t_rex:

2 Likes

Same issues here Claire. Taking my time advancing the game, looting ships and what not. About 15-20 days in the game goes to the pot. Can’t harvest resources. Cant interact with anything. This happened on two different games as I restarted thinking the save file was corrupted.

I also lost my life raft. Floated off to sea I think. You’d be a saint if you could gps that puppy.

Not being able to interact with an item seems to be related to repeated character elevation change. On and off the raft, in out of the ocean, or on and off rocks on the island. It is almost like your character does not return to the usual resting space or “0” for the island. Once items have been deactivated, you can interact with items after squatting or getting below an item. Hope this helps

I’ve managed to work around the bug on my 290 game day file so far. I luckily had most things on the sand on my main temp home base except my tent, clay brick station, boiler, cloth station, etc. I can still use the stations to make things but had to create a new tent & fire right down by the water. The main thing that’s a pain is having to use a fire to cook food one at a time and that the food doesn’t smoke so doesn’t last as long. That and making sure that my Uber huge garden doesn’t die out lol. I made a new resource gathering island that is the absolutely lowest elevation I could get. I tried to make it so the island was as much sand as possible (to help indicate the low elevation) and to try and get the yukka, palm trees & mini palms on the sand. I included a bunch of ships to get lots of containers to try and get food rations to supplement the food difficulties with the bug. So far it’s worked well. I still get the bug on anything higher than beach level, rafts are way more tippy, the UV is extremely brutal so try to spend the daytime in the water, and my food & water levels seem to decrease way more quickly but at least I’ve been able to still get by playing :). I’d be really, really sad if the fix wipes out my save so I’m crossing my fingers that doesn’t happen and using the bug to farm clay so I can build my super house :rofl::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.