[Known Issue] Deconstruction of raft bases

Hello! Just here to report I am having issues with deconstructing my raft bases as well. Actually, I didn’t have this issue with my first raft. Every raft base after that has been indestructible. Is there a reason I can’t add to my raft? I can’t add base pieces down at all once I’ve laid at least one floor. They just refuse to connect even if I destroy the floor.

1 Like

Hi sendmeyourteeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue - can you confirm for me if there was a difference in materials between your first raft and the others? Or if the first raft was all the one material and the others were mixed?

With regards with not being able to add more to your base, I remember there being an issue with this before and the workaround players used was turning the base upside down and then trying again to attach parts - please try this and if it doesn’t work please submit a bug report with details of your raft and materials and I’ll pass them onto the team for investigation.

Ok, I’ve looked at everyone post regarding raft bases, watched every youtube video and read every reddit article and nothing works. I’m unable to destroy my raft base whether it’s rite side up or upside down. I’ve stripped it completely clean to no avail. I’ve added random pieces trying to find some way to destroy others now I just have a really big raft that’s made of every material that basically does nothing. I was having fun with the game but this is really annoying. And no, I’m not gonna just make a new raft every couple days. I’m tired of starting over, this is my 4th try. There’s no such thing as trial and error with a limited resource game when bugs like this happen. I’m on PS4 btw.

2 Likes

There is a way around the limited resources.

You can make your own island

1 Like

@appollyon cab you share a pic of what your raft looks like with everything you’ve been able to remove off of it?

Hi Appollyon,

I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your save and completely understand how frustrating this can be. Thank you for including details of you experience.

Please let me know what size your base is and what the sections are made out of - as Lothaer mentioned, seeing a picture of the base by itself would be helpful to see the connections.

console: ps4
date: 27.05.2021
It is not possible to disassemble a raft base in a game with limited resources.
It is not feasible to restart the game every time I want to update the base of the raft with a better material.
Please, even if the materials are lost (which does not make sense, only part can be lost, as when dismantling the floor) it is necessary to be able to remove the base of the raft to rebuild it in another way or with other materials.

Can we get this fixed I am so bothered with this problem starting over is just stupid solution because it always seems to come back and not work again.

The glitch only applies when raft bases are connected on more than 1 side.

I can’t seem to deconstruct the raft bases IF there’s another base on both sides. I’ve also noticed that in one save i get all my parts back except sometimes it won’t return all sticks, but tires, barrels, lashing, all those are returned yet in another save i lose one of each. Losing those parts doesn’t really make sense. Maybe losing the lashing would make sense, but a barrel or tyre wouldn’t just be gone taking a raft appart. Playing on a Ps4.

Your crafting level determines what you can build and how many materials you get back on destruction.

Also I’ve noticed that while it takes 4 sticks to make a camp fire if you let it burn to half then destroy it you will only get two sticks back regardless of construction level.

Hi all, sorry I don’t always have time to respond to each comment individually but thank you for continuing to share your feedback and the details of your experiences. I also appreciate other players helping out with info where they can :slight_smile:

Please continue to do so and even if I don’t reply directly to you I will pass info onto the team.

2 Likes

PS4 here, I have made a raft with mainly buoy balls with only 1 side attached, H 5x1x5 shape, however, an oil drum and tire base were added at the end, and I could not remove them, even though only 1 side was attached. Also, I made a long tire raft end to end (7 pieces), accidently attached a buoy ball raft at the end, could not remove the buoy balls. Is there something with using different types that causes the issue as well? Also it could be cool if we could destroy and reclaim planks from the container shelf, as of now it is 8 whiff swing and it just disappears into nothing.

The container shelves (and lighthooks) are a known issue.

I’m usually one to gather everything that I need to build the raft that I’ve conceived, but evolutions are inevitable, so:

1. I first came across this issue of base disassembly when I had temporarily inserted wood stick base segments on either side of a ball buoy segment at the front of the raft, as a placeholder for barrel segments. (needed more buoyancy in front to transport the 3 barrels that I had and get to the adjacent island on which my other barrels were waiting for me on the beach)

2. I had been running a 2 wide x 3 long setup which I wanted to reconfigure (into a catamaran) rather that expand to a 3 wide by 3 long. I stripped off wood shelves, rudder, anchor, sails, plank and zinc flooring without issue (note that I was able to destroy the plank floor built on a stick base with the plank shelf still on it!)

This left me with a base comprised of 2 ball buoy (back), 2 wood stick (middle), 2 barrel (front). No matter what I tried, impossible to disassemble.

• on land (flat or balancing on a rock)
  • on water (shallow or deep)
  • on side, end, right side up or upside down (had high hopes for ‘flipped over’ fix)

Can’t break… but saved before disassembly so will just expand to a 3 buoy / 3 wood / 3 barrel setup and farm materials to build my catamaran separately.

It is a pity though to face this contraint with disassembly of raft bases, especially since tires and barrels tend to be such a hassle to extract, and even more or a headache to regroup across islands.

A tow rope would be great… drag the dingy, a small battle / scout craft, cargo trailer, or barrel / ball / tire segments behind main raft.

If you take some lashings and a hammer with you when you break open the bouys/tyres/barrels you can begin to craft the base but before you actually build it go to your raft and then attach it where you want it.

Hi djacouma - welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing your esperience in such detail and for including what workarounds you did try. I’m sorry to hear the workarounds did not work for you in your save. I shall pass this infomation onto the team as what workarounds do and don’t work is always useful to know too.

Hey, are we gonna get a way around this raft destruction issue? I’ve been reading different discussions regarding this issue on various platforms and some of them are 2-3 years old or may b from beginning. This is disappointing I had this beautiful raft but know because of tyres and barrels in sides it became a nightmare😅

Hi raasta_farii - welcome to the forums!

We unfortunately do not have a guaranteed workaround for this issue on the console version. I’m gathering what workarounds do work for some in the above post while the console team continues to work on this and I will update is if any others are discovered.

As long as the raft base pieces are only attached on one side u can break them down.