Message from the Team - 22/11/10 [PC and Console]

Hi everyone!

As some of you may have noticed when visiting the front page of the forums, we’ve started to compile all the News and Announcements into one section. This means that the “Message from the Team” posts will now cover both PC and console news going forward - including this one!

We’ll be keeping patch notes separate for clarity purposes and because the updates for PC and console release at different times, but they’ll be posted in the general News and Announcements section too. I’ll be working to move all of the older posts to this new area for ease of reference so please bear with me during the moving and renaming of posts.

Now onto our usual message update. The Dev and QA teams have been working hard to fix and test issues reported by players. Below you’ll find a list of fixes that have been verified and ready to be released. After that we also have some additional details about the next updates.

PC
Recent Fixes:

• Fixed players unable to host games in the “USA, East” region. We recommend selecting a different region until this fix is released.
  • Fixed no feedback when client disconnects during join-in-progress during ‘Sync World’.
  • Fixed Map Editor save menu not localizing for French language.
  • Fixed UI navigation becoming partially unresponsive after attempting to create an online session with no internet connection in the Host Game menu.
  • Cartographer: Fixed game hanging when the player clicks on ‘Yes’ button multiple times on the confirmation prompt for ‘Generate Perlin’.
  • Fixed a repro for players getting stuck on ‘Cleaning Up’ screen.
  • Fixed loss of input when switching to another item immediately after firing a projectile.
  • Fixed local co-op games getting stuck if P2 opens pause menu and un-assigns their controller.
  • Fixed player able to change settings of existing save game after creating a new game with different settings on the same save slot.
  • Fixed ‘Apply’ button position in the Join Game lobby menu.
  • Fixed game not displaying confirmation notification when saving a game.
  • Fixed host and client being able to drag the same ‘Palm Tree’
  • Fixed game room appearing ‘[Busy]’ when the host is standing near a Boss.
  • Local co-op: Fixed both players not showing Boss UI when the other player initiates the fight alone.
  • Local co-op: Fixed game failing to take input from P1 after P2 uses a Shelter/Bed while P1 is using a Label Maker.
  • Fixed unable to remove meat from campfire when fuel depleted.
  • Fixed player falling from Palm Tree when climbing to the very top.
  • Epic: Fixed redundant notification of missed achievements on custom islands.
  • Fixed a desync issue when rapidly removing items from piles.
  • Fixed multiplayer session not joinable after using a Bed to save.
  • Fixed multiplayer session not joinable after failed sleep.
  • Fixed multiplayer session joinable during sleeping sequence.
  • Changed multiplayer region to reset to ‘Best’ when opening create session menu. Fixes issues if the player fails to connect to a specific region.

Console
Recent Fixes:

• Fixed players unable to host games in the “USA, East” region. We recommend selecting a different region until this fix is released.
  • Fixed game loading errors for players using a non-Gregorian calendar, eg: Arabic, Thai.
  • Fixed “Seafarer” achievement not unlocking for players.
  • Fixed consecutive achievements not unlocking. Please also see https://forums.strandeddeepgame.com/t/a-note-on-console-achievements-trophies/4972
  • Fixed spoiled fruit/veg stuck in containers.
  • Fixed players colliding with raft sails.
  • Fixed Snakes failing to attack playing in single player mode.
  • Fixed animals not respawning on custom islands.
  • Fixed client gets disconnected when either of the players selects an item in the Tool Belt UI which has already been consumed/equipped by the other player.
  • Fixed ‘Out of the Frying Pan’ achievement failing to unlock for clients upon finishing the game in a multiplayer session.

A new PC update is scheduled to go out next week. Because of scheduling, this update won’t include all of the most recent verified fixes, but another update will follow shortly after this.

A new Console update is coming soon. The team’s priority has been integrating the Item Pile feature for consoles and making sure it has been battle-tested and QA is confident with their coverage.

The team is currently reviewing potential submission and release dates. First parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) have closures over the holidays so they will be working around this. Rest assured, the team wants to get an update out asap with this feature and the latest fixes!

Some fixes will be ready in time to join the Item Piles feature in the next update, but others may not. The list of fixes above is not a list of every issue in the queue for the team so don’t worry if you don’t see your issue listed here as it is likely in an earlier phase of fixing and testing.

I’ve seen a few comments regarding future features for the console version of Stranded Deep and I wanted to note again for those that missed it that the last feature to be added to the console version of the game will be the Item Piles. After that feature is added, the team will continue to work on reports from players about issues they have experienced in game and then consider other “Quality of Life” changes that might be brought over from PC.

I also saw comments on next gen upgrades recently. The console version is designed for PS4 and XB1. While this version can be played on the newest generation of consoles, there is currently no plans to work on a next gen upgrade for Stranded Deep. The team will be focusing on improving the gameplay and stability of the PS4 and XB1 versions alongside fixes and QoL changes.

Thank you everyone who has reported issues via the bug report sections for PC and Console. The information you’ve shared is greatly appreciated by the team. Thank you also for your continued support while the team works to resolve issues for the next updates.

:: Stay Alive!
Clare

2 Likes

Yay! an update for PC. That’s great news! BUT if I am being Honest.
Console updates needs to be prioritized over PC right now.
I have seen TERRIBLE game crashes and lost boats, bases, missing boxes. You name it. There are game breaking bugs that demotivate people from playing. Those pissed off people take to social media looking for fixes and always ask about updates. Literally no one can answer any of their questions. Including beam team.
I make YouTube content on stranded deep. I have grown my channel with it and the game has been good to me. However, when I make a how-to video, I have to TRY and balance PC and Console or else I get hammered in the comments section… “I can’t do that because I’m on console” “I wish I could do that” “When update for console”

Give console players a date… and a dev console to have fun with at least!

It’s not a good thing. It’s gotten to where it is not ok.

Cheers, sorry not sorry.

3 Likes

Hello,
it’s a cool news and about the glitched trophies like Call me Ahab they have a correction ?

Thank’s for your response

Hi Vilink,

The team are still working on the Call Me Ahab issue, last I heard they replicated the issue internally and are working on a fix for it. It will still need to be tested so I cannot confirm at this point if it’ll be incuded in the next update, or a following one.

If I get word of a fix being confirmed and ready, I’ll post it in a message like the one above

Any word on fresh potatoes / fruit going bad on the tree, both farmed and wild variants?

Hi Darkthought, from what I’m able to see it looks like a fix was found for this issue by the team. I believe the next phase for it is testing and it’ll be released in a following update as the fix was not confirmed ready for the update that was just released.

Hi Clare. Reloaded the game. Fourth time lol. PS4 version 2083. Says it’s the latest version. Spoiler meat can’t be removed from
Chest. I was able to take one out but when I closed the chest I couldn’t removed the rest.

Have there been any other concerns or complaints about having issues crashing when saving? I’m not seeing this on the fixed side of things either and would hate to invest another 50 game days to have this come up again lol.

I’m on day 18. Let me know what else you need to know.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi Lesker1978,

The issue with removing spoiled food from crates is one the team are aware of and I believe they found the fix for. As far as I am aware the fix is finish and should be included in the update that will be released early next week. Please also see: [Console] Update Information 2022/12/13

There have been players that mentioned crashing during gameplay, and occassionally when saving. The team are looking into various stability improvements that should help against this. As there are a number of triggers that can result in a crash, I am hoping some of the fixes and the addition of the piles feature in this next update will help with the crashes you are experiencing. Of course if the issue continues to occur after the update next week, please do let me know - including if there have been any changes in frequency - and I will inform the team.

Thank you.

Thanks Clare. Once the newest version loads I’ll see what happens.

1 Like

Hi Clare just a question will console ever get the ability to build on a foundation ? Like making a house or hut ect and being able to put your water still shelter and other things inside ? Just curious thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Charlie1992,

I have a report / request from players submitted to the team about this. Unfortunately I don’t have much more information on this, but it is my understanding they are looking into it.

1 Like

Lovely cheers for responding clare :grin:

1 Like

Hi Claire, long time no see :slight_smile: In my opinion, the fix regarding setting the raft in motion when colliding with a sail should be reverted. This is a very productive way to turn the raft and requires the player to develop a certain skill, because if you are not careful enough, you will turn too sharply. You must take into account the angle of approach to the sail and the force of pressing the mast to regulate the intensity of the turn. Anything that requires work on a skill is always more interesting than just pushing buttons. And Happy New Year, Claire!

1 Like

I wanted to second this comment. Building large and oddly-shaped rafts and learning to steer them by pushing the sails was the majority of the fun of the late game for me. Although Beam Team have been absolutely excellent in their communication with us regarding these changes, it sort of killed my drive to play the game anymore as soon as I found out they were planning to remove collision from the sails. It’s a small detail in the grand scheme of things but boy it really did feel good to man the sails the old way instead of using the rudder. No doubt this change was very much intended and this is how the devs meant for the rafts to handle in the first place, and most players probably don’t build big enough to even notice. But I’m gonna miss sailing my big ol’ pirate ship raft around, to be sure. I just felt so much more engaged running around the deck raising/lowering/pushing sails vs. sitting in one place holding the thumbstick left or right.

1 Like

@Shturman889 and @Esmiux - Thank you both for your feedback. I will pass this onto the team.

The update notes have also now been posted here: [Console] Update 2104 Notes

If you (or anyone else reading this) have any additional feedback, please post it in that topic and I’ll pass everything onto the team.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Console] Update 2104 Notes

Hi every body. First of All I want to Thank you for this fantastic experience. I have never played anything like Stranded Deep and for me it’s by far the most satisfactory survival game ever made, thank you! I can’t express in words how I love to relax playing this game. I’m on Day 385 with my 4th file… Lol
Hope you don’t abandon this game, it has a special place in my heart.
Looking forward to news soon!!

2 Likes

Hi Kamuca, welcome to the forums and thank you for your kind words and support. It’s great to hear you love playing this game and find it to be a relaxing experience. I will pass your feedback onto the rest of the team as I know they’ll be delighted to read it.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like