[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

You are seeing me say the same thing over and over because that is the current level of information I have. Some players have not seen this information so they are directed here, and to the other thread by Sam so they are fully informed. When there is new information shared by the team, this post will be updated.

As Sam laid out in the other thread, there are a number of factors that eat up time when releasing a fix to the community. I understand the time waiting is frustrating but it will be released as soon as itā€™s ready.

As I have said a number of times before throughout the forums - feedback regarding the game, or sharing your furstration on the issue at hand is fine, so long as you adhere to the Rules and Guidelines and post in a Civil and Respectful manner. Continuing to post in a disrespectful manner - even if itā€™s just against mods, will result in warnings and actions from mods.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve also noticed that when I drop items, they sometimes fall through the sand and rocky outcrops. Never to be seen again.

On occasion I can grab them, especially planks and I can sometimes use them as if they were present in the environment when I try to quick craft

(Console: ps4)( type: single player mode, not online)
(Day 8 In-game)(No storms/rain)
Recent changes: I removed the clouds and animals like these threads suggested.
Notices: Bat sounds still in water, no snakes on any islands

Hey- me again.

So I did try the ā€˜change view point in main menu then goā€™ and it only words for me for a few min.

NOW I have a problem with islands and items.

My play process is: 1. use all resources on starter island
2. Sail to another island with tall rocks/cliffā€™s
3. Make it main/base island by building a house on the shady side of rocks
4. Go to other islands for resources

Ive been playing today and after multiple troubleshoots (the glitch suggestion fixes here, a game update, restarting console), I now have a problem with the other islands.

When I sail from ā€œMain/Home islandā€ to another island (usually ā€˜flatā€™ ones where there are no mountains or cliffs), I can only interact with stuff on the beaches- Hit boxes are dropping, I have to aim cross hairs a bit below or to the side of item to interact if im lucky

I cant interact with anything on the greenery/grass of the island- I.e. if there is a rock in some leaves on the beach? I cant pick it up. If theres a rock next to it on the sand, i can pick that up.

I cannot chop trees. If i sail back to my ā€œmainā€ island, I get around 2 minutes or so of interaction with my items (water sill, plant plot ect) then I lose all interaction.

I know you guys are working hard and I wish I could provide more useful info to the devs and the stuff. Ima keep playing and I hope you guys keep up the hard work of trying to figure this out. :slight_smile:

Update: I cleared the save filed (aside this one, which is Save File 3), and see how far I can get.

Hopefully with this save file, I will find more bugs for the devs to help fix this once and for all. Either way ima keep playing cus I love this game, bugged or not.

Hi there so i currently am on day 5 online. Loss if interactions began immediately upon updating. Around 1 or 2 in-game time my game had became unplayable. I thought saving it prior would keep it from having this issue but it did not. Within seconds of uploading my save nothing was interactive. (Around 2 in-game time.) I had my nephew leave and join mid-game to see if it would jump start interactions. It did for a time until we needed rest. After (waking up) we began to have the same problem again.

[Removed -Clare]
I think I posted that I havent seen buoys but thats maybe a unlucky thing. Definitly bats screeching under the water is a thing during this bug. I am no programmer/developer but if people are sudgesting reverting the update pre-coOP so 90% could play and people who was playing in co-op would wait for the working update maybe do it?. Or send me a dics copy and you wont see me here lol. Were are we standing at ?

[Edited the post above. Please avoid comments that may bring discussions on or from closed topics into other topics or commenting on another user in a way that could be seen as insulting. -Clare]

If I had to guessā€¦ Iā€™d say the animals are falling through the map kinda like some things do when you toss them on the ground. Though I havenā€™t experienced this with birds or bats. I see no reason why this couldnā€™t happen as well.

Is it not possible to restore the previous update? From what I read it all started with the new update, to look for the error in the new update is very difficult, better to install the old update and then make a whole new update, not try to fix a new faulty updateā€¦

Bought the game on PS4 3 days ago and now such an error that makes the game unplayable.

Hey Clare. Just curious if the pc community is experiencing.this interaction bug?

From what i hear its cross-platform

I just got an update for the game, but still nothing, it seem the issue is a server problem everytime the game goes stiff and drops FPS for just under a sec the issue happens I know the Devs are working hard on fixing it. But donā€™t you think it be a little fix if you have take out the coop maybe that will fix it till you get a main fix itā€™s best to have a game we have play yhen having a game to play with others.

I just got an update. Does anyone know what the update is about?

Got word from a team member that if people are seeing an update today, it is the regions that would come under Sony Europe for the technical update mentioned in my previous topic here - **A Note on the 1.09 Update for Playstation** 10/7

*The number on the update might differ slightly per reigon. When thereā€™s an update released for the interaction issue thereā€™ll be a new topic posted to alert everyone.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this game since day 1 Iā€™ve been alive for 58 days and my single player game works fine still. Snakes even still there. That being said I stoped playing the game because solo gets boring started playing with a friend couple days ago and this game is much better co-op but you canā€™t play LOL! I think everyone in here is itching to play but could you guys give us a ball park estimate of when this big might be fixed ? So we donā€™t have to check this thread 305953 times a day ! Cheers

So hereā€™s something I noticed that just happened. I lost interaction on Day 13 just after 11am game time. I knew I could move my raft by being almost on top of it and managed to sail to a cliff island Iā€™ve never been to before. I was able to get interaction back since the sails popped up as interactable. I turned back towards my home island and as soon as I got within a certain distance, I lost interaction again. Went back to the cliff island and as expected, I got interaction back. I have a sleeping back with me. I will save on the cliff island and see if I lose interaction there too. Will report back.

Edit: It took two more days on the new island before I lost interaction there too. Seems like the other two islands Iā€™ve scavenged from are also not interactable. I will go to a new island and expect that to be interactable too but I will not save there. Seems like I can still finish the game but with some major adjustments.

1 Like

So just recently started playing the game love it, and I get it with the slow fix. Iā€™ve restarted my game multiple times and I usually get to day 4-6 and it has glitched out while sailing but often right after building and or harvesting trees. My last game it happened I went back to my last save point and I was doing them often before and I began doing the same thing over that I had done before but saving after each task. So in between my last save and I cut up some palm trees and brought the logs to a dock I had made. At this point I had made a 3x6 raft with sail rudder two storage shelves and a 16 panel dock. I built a few more panels went back up saved the game went back to the rest of the palms I cut down aerated the logs picked them up with the palm bunches and dropped them by the still but the logs I still had walked 20 feet and it bugged out

They have found the problem created a fix and will soon release a patch they ask only that we be patient

Where did you get that info?