[Known Issue] Deconstruction of raft bases

Hi Chaoskilljoy18, welcome to the forums.

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience of this issue. I’m sorry to hear it’s occured in your save too and you could not make your hobo stove. Can you confirm for me if the barrels were attached on one side or two and if you tried deconstructing the parts from below? This workaround doesn’t work for everyone but if the barrels were only attached by one side it may be worth a try in your save.

While Expanding my raft i miss placed a piece so it was not connected to anything i figured no biggie but turns out i can not destroy it.
P.s it is a stick base did something similar with a tire base earlier but was able to destroy that one oddly enough.

Hi OverLordAinz, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for sharing what happened in your save. When you were able to destroy the tire base, was this attacked by less sides that the stick one or were they in similar positions, the only difference being the material type?

I cannot destroy any raft bases that are attached on 2 sides. Can’t destroy them from below either

Hi Rice, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for letting me know how this issue is impacting your same. I’m sorry to hear you cannot destroy base parts in these situations. Can you confirm for me if your save allows you to destroy parts attached by one side? I understand this is not an ideal workaround but I like to keep track of players being able to do this in their saves for the team.

Was able to destroy raft bases of various materials attached on one side with floors and container shelves, but anything two or more sides is a no go.
Flipping upside down, using different tools, restarting the game all had no effect
PS4

Hi Signalcashew321, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear this issue is affecting your gameplay too. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with this issue and for letting me know what console you’re playing on. I shall pass this info onto the team.

I have the tire stick and buoy raft basses and I’m unable to deconstruct it with any of the tips on this site

I’m also experiencing the problem of not being able to deconstruct my raft. :confused:
I have a 3x2 raft, composed of one tire base in the middle back, with one stick base on each side. Then I have 3 stick bases side by side infront of the other 3. A rather simple 3x2 raft. I have managed to deconstruct the canopy, rudder, anchor and floors. But I can’t manage to deconstruct a shelf I put in the front (to carry containers), nor the bases. Basically, the only thing I really want to salvage is the tires, as I want them in a new raft (all tire based).
Running the game version 2104 on PS5.

Hope you get this solved soon, it seems to have been a known issue for a while?

1 Like

I just tried to deconstruct my 2nd raft to rebuild it with barrels/tyres/buoys… I stripped it down to the bases but can’t go any further. The bases won’t break apart anywhere or anyhow. I flipped it upside down, spun it all around, took it out to sea… Tried every single segment in this 5x4. And every swing of the axe takes 0.5 durability away… :frowning:

Half way through 2020 this issue was reported. Same canned responses to most, too. Now it’s 2023 And the game is a pay to play game, too. Since I paid for it I’m of the mindset the game should have had all the bugs worked out by now. It has been 3 years. Sent Microsoft a refund request and it was granted. Shame, too. This game was fun for a small amount of time. It has potential for Naked & Afraid couch critics. Honestly, reading all the comments about the raft base deconstruct issue over 3 years was what prompted us to quit playing tonight. Seeing there is no Dev team actively working on a plan to deliver a quality gaming experience has us seeking another game from another developer …

1 Like

@mr.jc - welcome to the forms. I am sorry to hear this issue is affecting your save. Thank you for detailing the setup of your raft. I shall add it to my report for the team. You are correct that this has been a known issue for a while and I believe some other issues the team were tackling may have overtaken it in terms of priority.

I do however understand that is can affect gameplay for a lot of players, especially in terms of valuable resources and when updating the report I will stress this point to the team.

@Picaro - I am sorry this has affected your save too. I had commented on your other post about this before realising you had commented here.

@CAnnaChx - welcome to the forums. I understand your decision to step away from Stranded Deep and will be passing this feedback and your reason for doing so onto the team when updating my report.

While I do not have a timeline for fixes for specific issues the team are actively working on further updates for the game in terms of Quality of Life updates and fixing issues reported by players including longstanding issues like this one. As I mentioned above I will be adding to my report onto this issue to the team and stressing the impact is continues to have on players.

Given this bug has persisted for something like 3 years…
Here’s a silly temp suggestion until it’s officially fixed:

Add 4 new tools under “Crafting”
Each specifically designed to destroy one of the specific kinds of raft bases no matter what else might be built on it.
Always returns the full amount of the proper type raft building components as it deletes the targeted raft section with super admin powers, (only check it performs is that the correct type tool is being used on the correct type raft base).
Players are responsible for not using it on a raft base that actually has other things built on it (else they loose the stuff, as this admin tool does not perform any checks except verify type of raft base targeted).
Tool is single use only, gets destroyed on first use.
Tool does not require any components to make, nor does it have any skill check to make or use.
Tool does not work for any other purpose.
(these last several lines are to remove the need/desire to horde this tool, just make them as needed / when needed…)

Anyhow, that’s my idea. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

This really sucks you guys need to find a work around I finally got barrels and tires and made them into a raft to transport but now I can’t even use them

@Picaro - Thank you for your suggestion and feedback, I’ll pass it onto the team.

@Vode - welcome to the forums and thank you for your feedback. I know you’re not the only player who uses this method to transport large items like these and understand how dishearting it can be once you make it back to your island to use them. Thank you for sharing that image also, I’ll share this will the team.

What is the guaranteed workaround?

I guess that is typo and should be There is currently NO guaranteed workaround for this issue

anyway I wonder if this has something to do with the stutter (loading) when going from island to island, as when building the raft for the first time bases can be destroyed if i remember correctly

Also new bases cannot be added after game Is saved And loaded, at least if the raft shape Is rectangular.

Can you please get some feedack from the devs if they Are even interrested in attempting to fix the major issues on consoles?

Made me gave up on the game i liked, i’m not going to start again on the PC , would not even player the console version if i knew that cyberpunk 2077 was polished game on day1 compared to this. :frowning:

Update:
Ok So the 5by4 limit was added by latest patch, probably should ve mentioned somewhere in game ui during construction

Hi evlo, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for pointing that out, it is indeed a very bad typo on my part and I’ve now corrected it. I am sorry for any confusion caused.

I do not believe this has anything to do with the stutter going from island to island, as I believe that would be most likely caused by the loading point between islands. That said, I will pass your comment onto the team for their consideration.

After the recent update, the raft sizes were limited and while it was mentioned in the update notes it’s understandable that they are not all read by players. I shall pass your feedback regarding notifications within the game itself for changes of this nature onto the team.

Both myself and the team understand issues that affect gameplay can be frustrating for players and the console team’s primary focus now is to work on issues reported by players.

Raft base parts upon which I built container shelves are indestructible. So if I build an H raft and put container shelves on the back two and whatever on the front two, after deconstructing all objects including the container shelves and floors, I cannot deconstruct the back two raft bases but I can still deconstruct the front two raft bases.

I can deconstruct raft floors even with container shelves on top, so the container shelf is directly dependant on the raft base. When I deconstruct container shelves it yields no material so the deconstruction might be visual only.

Edit: Playing on console. Work arounds attempted.

Hi Kwiila, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting this. I’ll add it to my report for the team so they’re aware that you’re unable to break down base parts that were under container shelves at all, regardless of how many sides are joined. It’s possible the game sees this as another form of whatever conditions prevent them from breaking down when attached by 2 sides, but I’ll make sure it’s highlighted for the team so they can investigate it.

As a side note, the container shelves do not give any refunds material wise, however I have submitted a request on behalf of the community that the team considering changing this.

1 Like