[Save File Request]

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, I want to thank you all once again for your support and understanding while the team works on the issues that the community has reported.

You may have seen me on the forums requesting save files from players for different issues already and seeing a player’s save file can be a huge advantage in tracking down the cause of an issue for the team. The team have been able to replicate and start working on a number of fixes for issues reported by players but they were wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their PS4/PS5 single or multiplayer save files with us? The aim of this would be to try to use player saves to help investigate some of the more difficult to replicate issues.

Because Stranded Deep has many directions players can go right from the start, from where they set up their base to what order they craft things in and beyond, having player saves can help the team to try and find common gameplay factors between those that experience issues and those that don’t.

The criteria for the types of saves that the team are looking for are…

• PS4/PS5 saves (Unfortunately Xbox does not allow the transfer of saves)

• Saves created in version 2071 or later.

• Established saves where a significant amount of gameplay has occurred, preferably more than 50 in-game days old.

• No specific issues required - if you have not experienced any issues in your save but meet the other criteria please send them! These can prove very helpful in comparing saves! If there is one issue in particular occurring a lot in your save, please let me know, and if at all possible, send us a copy of the save that was created before the issue occurs if you have a backup of it.

I must stress that if you do experience an issue in your save, the team cannot fix and return individual saves, saves are only used to work towards releasing fixes for the community as a whole. One of the many reasons for this is any fix committed to an individual save could run the risk of clashing with a future update.

If you are happy to share a copy of your save, the following instructions should work for both PS5 and PS4 consoles…

To access the file:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5

2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.

3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”

7. Select Stranded Deep

8. Select all files and press “Copy”

9. Wait until transfer is complete

10. Remove External Drive

11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files

12. Email us the Zip files to contact@beamteamgames.com and include your forum user name in the subject so I can find it easily in that inbox. Please also include in the main body of the email if this is a PS4 or PS5 save, how old the save is, what version it was created in and any extra details about issues experienced in the save (if any) - This info will help me sort the saves for the team.

13. Post on the forums when you’ve sent it either in this thread or you can DM me. I will then go and retrieve the file and forward it to the team.

I know there can be some size limits on files sent, so if you are unable to send the files via email you can also upload the files to your Dropbox, Google Drive or other cloud file service and email us the link.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to share their saves with us - and of course thank you to those who’ve shared saves with us in the past! If you have any questions, I’ll do my best to answer them - but please do keep them on topic.

[Edit: Changed criteria from saves from “2074” to “2071 or later” at the request of the team and added some clarity to the last criteria point on issues in the saves. Also added request for version number the save was created in when emailing file]

I have send the onedrive link off my save. Hope it helps.

Oh ***. Forgot to say it was online, private and allone. Hope you can tell theme.

Thanks for letting me know Diether, I’ll have a look for your save in the inbox as soon as I can and will add these notes when I upload it for them!

Hi Diether, just following up on this, I cannot find the link in the inbox. Can you double check that it was sent to the email above? If the email address you used is not the same as the one you use for the forums, you can send me a Private Message by clicking on my profile image and let me know which email you sent it from, that might help me find it. (Please don’t post any private info here.)