[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Crashing when saving

@Clare Hello again, as to the specifics, i had gone through all the islands and had a loaded out 10×10 raft with everything i collected from all islands. Made a custom island to build base and a farm island to get building materials and had just cleared the farm created island and was moving to home created island. Upon saving on Home island, crashes started happening.

Reatarted gane w no custom islands and it crashed on day 48.

Went back to PC version after that and havent played console version since. But again i actually like console version better because my pc sucks and cant handle the game.

Jared

Sorry for my delay in responding to you @Jared0499, thank you for sharing those details. Before the crashes started, would you have build or added any new container shelves to your raft? If so, how many would you say you fit on your rafts? I know these shelves are causing some issues for players and I’m wondering if there could be a link here.

Are there any updates on this issue?

Hi BucketRobot,

While I have not received progress updates from the team working on this issue (these would be generally added to the post above if I receive any) I have been continuing to update my report for the team as players report their experiences with this issue and we’ve also received a number of save files from players who experience crashes when saving for the team to use in testing.

Should you wish to share details of your own experience of this issue, please feel free to do so here or in your own bug report and I will pass the details onto the team.

Thank you Clare.
Yeah, was asking since it’s been two months :sweat_smile: Well so for me I can save 3-4 times never more than that on the 4th or 5th save (varies) the game crashes. I’m playing on a PS4 Slim. I have done all the workarounds but still have the issue. The game also crashes when quitting, if I have played more than 4+ hours. I’m on day 360+ something. How do I send you guys the save file? I would love to help if I can.

Hi BucketRobot,

Sorry for my delay in responding to you. Thank you for sharing the details of your experience.

If you’re still happy to share your save that would be awesome - having the save and the details you shared above should hopefully help the team replicate the same issues and continue their investigation.

The instructions for sharing saves can be found here: [Save File Request]

It’s mentioned in the link above, but I just want to make sure you’re aware before you send your save that the team cannot fix and return individual saves, but the saves will be used in working to find and test a fix for the community as a whole.

Thank you again!

1 Like

At Day 107. Crashed when saving. PS4 2083. It’s like Russian roulette really. Worst glitch ever. Thank you for working on it.

Hi Lesker1978, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for the details of your platform, days played and version number. Can you confirm for me if you use a number or container shelves in your gameplay at all if you’ve ever experienced any issues with them when playing? (even if a crash doesn’t happen during the same session).

PS4. Day 110. Version 2083

This has been an ongoing issue I just found the forums via Reddit.

IIRC I took a long break and just picked the game up in the last few weeks. I couldn’t remember why I had quit and now I know.

Personally I think the more exploring you do and the more parts of the map you unlock the more often the crashes.

I don’t have the loading issue just the crash when saving issue.

Thank you for those extra details Lesker1978.

I shall make a note of what you believe triggered more frequent crashes to occur in your save for the team and that you only experience issues when saving.

If anything else comes to mind, please do not hesitate to let me know and I’ll pass it onto the team. I understand this has been occurring for a while for a lot of players and can be very frustrating when progress is lost at the saving point and I am sorry to hear it has affected your save also. I will also make a note of why you originally took a break from the game as feedback for the team regarding this issue.

any updates? Still continuing to crash quite regularly. You will post here when there is. Game update yes?

Hi Lesker1978,

I have not received an update from the team regarding their progress on this issue. You are correct that should there be an update from the team on this issue, I will post it here. It would be posted both as a comment in the thread and I would update the first post about the issue also so it wouldn’t be missed by players.

Perfect. I will stay on a holding pattern until this happens. :sob:

I know it’s not ideal and that this issue can be very disheartening and frustrating Lesker1978, but I greatly appreciate your understanding and patience while the team continue to work on this issue.

It’s been a couple weeks. Anything?

Hi Lesker1978, I have not recieved an update from the team regarding this issue.

You may have already seen it, but the most recent update from Sam is here: Update from the team, 2022-05-03 [Crosspost] but it does not go into specifics on issues.

Yeah I’ve been having these crashes several times per session… (ps4) I started the game on 2083…

The first time i noticed it was when I renamed a giant crab, I thought the game didn’t like me doing that so I never did it again but it didn’t help…

The game also crashed when I was in the menu changing the perspective back from 3rd to 1st… I changed it back and forth a few times, applying the change each time and watching my characters head disappear when it crashed… but that’s probably irrelevant…

This crashing though really puts me off, and it always seems to be when I’ve been out sailing long distances or really doing anything for a long time… I’m on day 60 or so…

I thought it was because I held square (to open the save option at a bed) and pressed triangle too quickly that caused it, but nope, taking my time had it happen too… very weird and annoying…

And I’m not sending anymore reports via the console, it’s boring…

It’s such a shame because it’s actually a great game… terrifying because the ocean hurts my soul in ways I don’t understand, and it’s a bit wonky, but it’s great…

Jaxx I totally feel the same way. I love this game but the crashing when saving is a HUGE put off. It literally makes it not worth playing which sucks. I just can’t fathom how they know this is an issue but don’t seem to be doing anything about it.

Aside all the other glitches this makes the game unplayable. The only reason I’m not escalating my frustration is the game was “free” with PS plus.

Hi Jaxx2507, welcome to the forums,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I’m sorry to hear this crashing is affecting your save too. Thank you for sharing details about each time you’ve experienced a crash in game and I will note these for the team alongside your crashing when saving details.

While reports through the PlayStation system do reach us, it can sometimes take some time, so any additional information from players on the forums is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to report your issues here.

Edit: Username spelt wrong, sorry about that.

Tried again. Game crashed when saving. Lost 12 minutes of play time. Gathering and storage. Same everything. PS4. 2083.