Ground dissapearing and map changing

[PS4][2078][Game]

When i logged on to play today everything i built was flying. Everything was floating, like the ground level just sank. I checked if it also happened on other Islands and that was the case. The seed i’m on is 15345154 but it’s not the original one since i see that the bosses locations have moved since the last time i looked at the cartographer. I have not changed any settings and I tried restarting my game and restarting my ps4. I have no clue what caused this, yesterday it was perfectly fine. One weird thing though is that the Islands close to me are still the same.

Hi Johnathan,

Welcome to the forums, I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your save. Is this issue still occuring when your load your save or has shutting down and reloading the save helped to reset everything?

Are you playing on a Single Player or Multiplayer save?

If it is still occuring, I think the team would be interested in seeing a copy of your save. Full details on this can be found here: [Save File Request]

Also, if you can recall what you did in your last gameplay session before this occured, please let me know! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi Clare,
It didnt reset when I shut it down sadly. It just is like it when i open my world. It’s a single player world. And I think what i did in my last session is that I went to an island where there was a survival remain. I looted it and went back home. I also planted pipi and potato, for fuel and to make antidote + shark repellent because i wanted to loot a shipwreck under water. I also made breath boost. Then i saved, went to bed and then when i logged back on it was bugged. I’ll take a look at the file request thing.

//Jonathan

I took a look at the instructions and i think i can do that, im pretty sure my parents have a usb. I have a question though. Should i avoid playing on my world now and when i have sent it in? Or will that mess something up since i’m sharing a version that i wont have after?

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for that extra information and for trying to send the files to us, that would be awesome if you are still able to.

We are unable to access player saves ourselves and there’s no connection between us accessing it and you playing the game. Sending us is a copy is like sending us a snapshot of your save and will not affect further gameplay. You can continue playing if you wish.

If the team are able to find the cause of this issue, they will release a fix for the community as a whole rather than fixing your save and returning it. This way it would prevent any potential future clashes with updates.

Saving the file to a usb is also a good way to keep a backup of your save so if you wish to continue playing, you can also revert back to the older save at any stage if you like.

I hope that helps to answer your questions. If you have any others please feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Thanks! I think i should be able to send a copy in over the weekend, I’ll let you know when I have.

//Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan, I will keep an eye out for an update from you. Though you may not recieve a response from me confirming I got it until Monday so don’t worry if I don’t respond right away, I’ll still be able to retrieve the file when at my desk on Monday :slight_smile:

Hi Clare,

I’m sorry it took a bit to get back. We couldn’t find a USB at home so my mom had to look at her job, and today she found one. Anyways i sent the files now. Hope it helps!

//Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, my appologies for my delay in getting back to you. I can confirm I retrieved the files for the inbox and will be passing them onto the team once they are downloaded. Thank you so much to both yourself and your mom for taking the time to organise sending them to us. This is hugely appreciated by both myself and the team :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile: If you and the team find the source to the problem i’ll be happy to know, even though it might not be possible to fix my save.

I don’t often hear things from behind the scenes, but if I do, I’ll be sure to pass that info along, especially if it’s something to be avoided during gameplay! Thank you again :slight_smile:

Okay, and thank you! I think this works really well, like the forum and report system, and the response has been great! Good luck with future stuff and have a great evening!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support and kind words :slight_smile: I hope you have a great evening yourself!