[PS4/XB1] Dev Update on Interaction Bug

See the internet carte Blanche isn’t your space to complain, some people seem to be mistakenly under that impression. If you want to report a bug, ask a legitimate question, help recreate an issue, and so on, this is the place for that (under the appropriate section) the internet is often divided into purposes. If you want to complain, I hear Facebook is really good for that. Forums for a game developer on the other hand…if anything is a joke it’s that haha.

Mate, there’s only 2 developers I get that regardless of price the product should work but even AAA games with hundreds of devs and full price have issues (insert dozens of examples here) its not like they’re building stardew valley here and this bug happens randomly some get it days after playing others hours into it so even testing would have been inconclusive so instead of “it takes time” how about be patient.

1 Like

You internet warriors crack me up the absolute moral supremacy you must feel to tell people where they can voice a opion is amazing to top it off with the fact that Clara or whatever said she didn’t want bugs reported here

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if it was a dwarf and a chicken if it had been tested this bug would have been found before it was released this is why every game comes so a hot mess now because people like you have this attitude yes some games have bugs duh but how many have you payed for that flat out cannot be played then get refused a refund people are upset because they enjoy the game and sorry your feelings get hurt but tough

1 Like

I understand people are upset I am to i set aside time to play this game with my wife when this update released, we enjoy it and currently it’s unplayable but the devs know of the issue 1 week later and are working on getting it to us.

Also it’s not an attitude or my feelings being hurt I’m simply making a statement pulling out the “because of people like you” line to throw blame doesn’t change the state games get released in, sorry your unhappy but tough.

They should’ve known about the issue before they released it. Instead they pushed it without even testing it. It’s not just that but it’s not even the coop that people wanted. No one wants split screen game play that ■■■■ was old in the Playstation one days. Nothing in the game accounts for two people playing for that matter. Are the maps bigger? No. Are there more resources? Nope. Is the difficulty ramped up? Nopers. Does the aggressive wildlife account for two players? No. This was an update that no one wanted and screwed everyone’s game up. A simple testing with the community would have fixed this all. Some feedback would have been given about the coop and the bug would’ve been found before they released the update. You give too much credit because you think on wow, only 2 developers created this game. Just a little bit of thought would have negated all this.

I love this game and I do give props for indie game developers creating such a beautiful game. I enjoy every aspect of the game. But this is too far. There are people who given 1k hours into the game and more just to have it wrecked but a silly a bug. I’m just a few hundred hours in and still haven’t experienced everything the game has to offer. I’m a slow gamer and like to dilly dally around to enjoy more of the content. I do hope they learn from this mistake and take the advice the community has given. Test the updates, allow the community to test it, then listen to feedback.

4 Likes

This was an update that no one wanted

I don’t think that this is a true statement. It seemed to be the most requested feature. Certainly one me and my other half were desperate for.

A simple testing with the community would have fixed this all.

There was closed door community testing. I’m sure they wouldn’t have released the patch had this issue occurred during those sessions. Sometimes, these things just happen.

Nothing in the game accounts for two people playing for that matter. Are the maps bigger? No. Are there more resources? Nope. Is the difficulty ramped up? Nopers. Does the aggressive wildlife account for two players? No

It is harder with two, you’re sharing resources such as food, bandages, drink etc. Dividing it out although I do agree that there are some balance issues that I’m certain would have been addressed, but this was a major rollout so you have to expect issues.

1 Like

@Clare and @Sam,

As a YouTube content creator, I’ve been covering Stranded Deep for some time now.

I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful beautiful amazing game. Thank you for jumping all over the fix for this patch tweak and thank you for all your regular updates and hard work. I personally really appreciate how much you put into this for us. Please ignore the negative minority. Your core community will be here to support you and this game regardless.

12 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. They have the last versions stored, so this should’ve been done already.

1 Like

Are you gaming on PC or Xbox? Does not work on PS4.

Still working for you?

Been 4 days since game completely broke Interaction glitch stopping us from playing

Its been way more then 4 days

Lol death by :sunrise: careful them uv rays are quite deadly lol. I hadn’t looked at the glitch from the time play theory before. That sucks indeed

1 Like

Been what 2 weeks now? This is insanity @Sam
Roll back the uodate already you guys obviously cant fix it. Source a gaming company that can fix it you cant be this incompetent. Fix the damn game already. Either roll it back or release a patch this is getting pathetic. No other dev team would ever take this long to fix a game breaking bug. Ive looked at the time tables and statistics the standard update process doesnt take nearly this long. Worst dev team in history should be embarrassed of themselfs.

4 Likes

I have a big problem not to enter the game. I wait for hours and don’t let me in. I just fall from the sky and go to the boat and a page comes to me that says lodeng and wait for hours and nothing happens I paid money for this game this is unfair

I love how everyone who’s upset in these forums have suddenly just became experts in developing and updating games all of a sudden.

1 Like

Right, I’m locking this thread, this just keeps breaking out into arguements and posts that break the rules of the forums. If you wish to report an issue, please submit it in the Console Bug Reports section. I will also be updating my own post in Known Issues as I get more information.

When there’s an update from the team I’m post it on the forums.

Once again, feedback on the game is fine, but insulting Devs, Staff, or Each other is against the forums rules.

6 Likes

Though this post is closed, I wanted to add in this update so players that read this post will get this information too.

This was added to the top of my post here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

UPDATE 10/11
I received an update from Sam. The issue has been successfully reproduced. A fix has been built and has now been passed on to QA so they can verify the fix. Once the fix is verified the builds will be submitted to Sony and Microsoft asap. As per Sam’s previous post [That’s this one -Clare], this will then need to be approved and reviewed by both Sony and Microsoft before it can be released.

8 Likes