[PS4/XB1] Dev Update on Interaction Bug

If you knew about coding you would understand how the process is when it comes to getting bugs worked out and patched, it will take some time to find out the code in which was implemented that is causing the glitches , you can’t just revert back to the original version either it is a lot more complicated than that. Just let the devs do their job it’s better to get it right the first time and take their time instead of rushing and causing further delays and or more bugs.

1 Like

Hi here is a simple fix while in the main menu go to options----general-----animals put settings on removed if you do this before you start your game you will be able to do any the only thing is you don have the giant crabs snakes or boars in the game but the hogs will still be there and you can still go fishing at least this way you’ll be able to interact with everything else on any Island I’ve tried it I’ve been playing for 3 hours straight and I haven’t had any interaction issues the developers know what the problem are this is an easy fix for you to be able to play I hope this helps I’m on PS4 and it’s been working just fine for me as long as you do what I said

Hi devs, 3 days since your last update and unable to play at all till it’s fixed. Can you please provide an update with even your best guess ETA? Do I forget about this game for 2 months? Or do I forget for 2 days? What ball park do you hope to have it fixed by please?

PS I did the workaround already, got a few more games days out of it but broke again and workaround no longer helps.

So in the meantime what are we supposed to do about the interaction bug

Turn animals off - not ideal - but apparently that works.

I’ve done some tidy up on the posts above. Please keep your posts civil, respectful and on topic. As a reminder the rules and guidelines are here - Rules and Guidelines - Stranded Deep - if you see an issue, flag it and I will review it.

I would rather not lock this post but if it continues to be derailed or require tidy up I will have to.

For those who haven’t seen it, I am updating my own whenever I recieve information from the team. It’s a big thread but I upate the top post so you don’t need to read down through all the comments - [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

Hi I see some people had a update already I know it’s not the interaction patch but I would like to know if the update is releasing in all countries and if yes how long before it come to Africa.?

I think there may be a misunderstanding here… To be clear, players are not prohibited from posting if they cannot speak english. It is simply part of the guidelines that we ask players to include their own 1:1 translation if they are posting in their prefered language. This helps the forums to run smoothly, the reasons are given in the guidelines. I add in translations for the other mods where they can see them.

Players can forget (I understand, it happens) or may not know of the request yet, so I add the translation myself and post a copy of the section of the guidelines for them. Replies with translations, while appreciated if other players wish to help (and they have in other threads) can be separated by comments and lost so it’s best it’s kept within the one comment.

I hope that helps to clear that up.

1 Like

All games have glitches. Even though this game was released in 2015 and released on xbox one a year ago, glitches has always existed. The issue people are having is even with glitches the game was playable. Now it isn’t. And reverting it back to single player till the issues can be resolved isn’t as hard as what you want to make it sound. It’s had to be done on ark, sea of thieves, and a couple of other games to correct issues.

1 Like

1.07 ? Europe region is on 1.07 so would need to go 1.06 or whatever. I started playing after Co-op was introduced and the version I see is 1.07 if it’s co-op problem in the first place.

This temp fix been already introduced but it’s not a solid one. Example for me it only worked ONCE and couple days later when the Bug attacked again I tried it and it does NOT work for me the second time sadly…

Correct. I would like that to happen.

Reverting a game back to another build would mean Sony and MS certifying that change, which would take as long as just updating the game.

Not if they did it at the beginning like thier entire player base suggested. These devs are literally the slowest to ever roll out an update that i have ever seen in gaming. There is no excuse at this point.

Some AAA devs take literally months to fix problems, and they have massive funds and many staff…not two people. To say this is worse than Cyberpunk or Fallout 76 is hyperbole.

The certification process is not an excuse.

Ok. Let’s try this again.

@Sam @Clare

Can we get some kinda update?

4 days since we heard anything from @Sam.

12 days now game has been broke.

@Clare I know you trying to keep up with everything and keep community together, but I think what would help EVERYONE is common curiosity from the team with some updates and information. Everyone is trying to stay together but when you sitting in the dark for days with nothing and only seeing workarounds from the community is very frustrating…

I understand it takes time to fix, QA , test , and get approval to ship out… I DO… But the not knowing anything I think is hurting the whole community, and it starting to show. These forum’s get worse by the minute.

4 Likes

I’m really not sure what’s left to know? We know they’re working on it. We know what causes it. Aren’t we just waiting for Sony and MS to give this the green light?

1 Like

I think everyone just wants to know where we are at in this long waiting process… it’s been nearly two weeks of being broken and no word for 4 days now… an update at the least would be nice

3 Likes

Also when I was playing I visited 3 diffrent island and haven’t seen a single BUOY anywhere on island or wrecked ships. Are they that rare? Or there in the mix of the problem.
Hah. At this point I am biting my nails on my feet waiting for any good news… (praying)

Can’t you just release the previous update back out? If this is gonna take over two weeks to fix one single bug it would make the rest of us happy to at least be able to play the game once more. I’m not even sure why there was a coop mode added to the game. It’s like wanting to coop on skyrim or something silly like that.