PS4 2083 Glitches/Freezing

Hi Demonhunter1107, thank you for that update and for describing your current setup

Is the bluescreen error code you refering to CE-34878-0 or similar? Unfortunately CE-34878-0 usually indicates the application that was running has crashed, but does not give further details as to the cause of the crash and requires further investigating by developers. If it’s a different error code, please let me know and I will pass this code onto the team.

Thank you for also letting me know you’ve also experienced the same crashing issue when areas are loading / traveling from one area to another with this setup, I shall add this to my report.

Hi Clare
Yeah forever same error code never changes

Thank you confirming the error code and that it has not changed. I’ll highlight this for the team so they’re aware.

Ive been playing around. Havent built my boat as big as it used to be and havent harvested clay and built stuff with it. Only change i can see doesnt freeze as quick. Not sure if its that. Been playing Stranded Deep for years now. Unlike Sims no major updates or changes. When can we look at getting stuff added to the game to make it more interesting. Last update was crates on boat. Alot of people have some good suggestions

I just want the game to work properly first and not crash when saving. THEN improvements could be looked at. DLC maybe hint hint

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for that update. I’ll add this comment to my reports on glitches/freezing as well as later made reports on crashing as I feel it could be relevant there too.

In case you haven’t seen it, Sam posted a Console Update after the release of 1.0 on PC - Update from the team, 2022-08-11 - From this we know the Piles feature will be added in the next update, and after that the team are going to focus on QoL updates and bug fixes for issues reported by the community.

Hi Clair. Ive made boat smaller and not making stuff from clay. Used to have 24 crates on boat on racks and make clay fires and ppace them under my house. Seems to help. Im on day 34 and no freezes. Framerate ie pixels seem to still jerk when i get close to an island. And potatoes still stuck in crates, both starter and wooden crates. Still feel theres room for improvements and no real major updates like sims for example.

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for that update. This is great information and I will inform the team that the changes made to your gameplay have worked for you so far. This should hopefully help the team narrow what could be causing the glitches/freezing. I will be sure to note that the drop in framerate when approaching the island persists, however.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen it, but I posted a recent update from the team here: [Console] Message from the Team, 2022-08-30 - I mention it because part of the update was the confirmation that the team believe they’ve found the cause of food items being stuck in crates and are now working on a fix. I know it does not help in the immediate, but a fix is on the way.

Thank you also for your feedback, I will pass it onto the team.

My first raft has shelves on so built second raft to kill the Bosses. My house is on the boat. For some reason since building second raft it glitches/shakes on other islands while walking and doing stuff which makes gameplay very difficult. Iveseen videos of people building everything, multiple rafts clay stuff. Is that on pc and why is it only freezing on ps 4. Maybe something to look at. Also very few updates as in changes in the game like new stuff to do or build. We bought sims4 with ps4 a few years ago. And theyve had so many updates and changes that its almost a different game. Been playing Stranded Deep for years and love it. But theres no real changes. Every game is the same. Not saying im gonna stop coz im hooked. Maybe just look at making current game more interesting for loyal players like myself. Maybe changes to raft or new things to build. Make it interesting

1 Like

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for your continued updates. I know the team appreciated the details you shared last time and I’ll update my report to now include details about you building your new raft.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding additions to the game. While I know the team have said they consider the PC version feature complete and the last feature to be ported over to PC is being able to store items in piles they have said however that after addressing issues reported by the community, they will also be considering other Quality of Life improvements from PC that could be brought over to the console version. That said, I will pass on your additional feedback regarding updates and additions to the game onto the team.

Any updates to crashing when saving with PS4?

Hi Lesker1978,

I do not have specific details but I know the team are continuing to test scenarios around crashing and are working to replicate different situations based on experiences reported by players to try to isolate triggers for crashes. They are also continuing to work on other issues reported by players as some issues, even seemingly smaller ones, could have a trickle down effect that could end up triggering a crash.

Hi Clare
See there was a major update. Still fishing to see all the changes. Major problem i have after playing for more than 2 years is my backpack setup that has changed. Used to storing and clicking things a certain way. Also extra pockets makes choosing very hard. Glad crates have more storing place major bonus. Will go and see if u guys posted new changes. Please see if they change gameplay. Make it more interesting with new scenarios or new things to build or do.

Hi Demonhunter1107, it’s good to hear from you :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the inventory changes. I understand how after playing for a long time this could disrupt your gameplay flow while you adjust your gameplay style. I will pass this onto the team.

I hope the new inventory space and piles will help combat against glitching and freezing for you. Please do let me know if you notice any difference :slight_smile:

Also, you probably already spotted it, but in case not the latest patch notes and details can be found here: [Console] Update 2104 Notes

Hi. Already have a problem. Certain items dissapear out of starterbox. Then later reappears. Ex my flaslight dissapeared. Then put flashlight i got from a crate in there. Then my starter flaslight reappeared. Just happened again. Also put axe in startercrate. Now its gone. Change in inventory especially hand frustrating. After putting things from inventory in crate game randomly takes something left in inventory and puts it in your hand

They’re still there, the starter grates have a bug atm you can put 10 items in them but they’ll only show 5.

You can still take everything out

1 Like

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Sorry for my delay in responding to you. As Lothaer mentioned, the items are still in the crates but when the inventory for other crates was changed, the display for the starter crate was also adjusted by mistake while leaving the capacity the same.

The team are aware of this issue and will be releasing a fix for it. I do understand however that, despite the items still being inside, it can be frustrating to use this crate in this way.

Ive gottennused tonsome of the changes now. All good. Will post things i find as i play and find them so might be a few msgs. Cant get light hooks to work at all. Have to use thenlight stick

1 Like

Also when u cut down the leaves u use to make rope with from ucca tree you could make rope from leaves that fell now it takes from your inventory and u still have to pick up the leaves

1 Like

Hi Demonhunter1107,

I’m glad to hear you’re getting use to some of the changes now.

Thank you for reporting any additional things you notice, I’ll keep an eye on this topic and submit reports to the team as needed.

Lighthooks:
Are you refering to placing them on the wall or using them for lights? I know the team are investigating issues with hooks and shelves not attaching to walls, but I just want to make sure it’s the same issue you’re mentioning here.

Items from inventory:
Thanks for noting this. I think there was something about items not being used from piles when crafting too. This could be related but I’ll submit a new report about this to the team regardless.