[Console] Update from the team, 2022-08-11

Hi everyone,

With the release of 1.0 on PC today, I wanted to give an update on the console versions:

We have some remaining multiplayer bugs to fix on the console platforms. We’re prioritizing these based on which issues affect gameplay the most and we have a dedicated team working on fixing these. The version 1.0 release on PC represents that the game is now feature complete on all platforms. The item pile feature from the PC version is currently missing in the console version but we will be adding this as soon as possible.

We’re working on getting an update out asap but we don’t have an ETA yet. We’ll keep you posted as soon as we have a firmer timeline. We’ll be doing our best to minimize any logistical delays with console patches due to QA testing, submission times, etc.

Moving forward, we’re also working on improving our communication. We’ll be checking in more regularly and I’ll be working with Clare to provide more regular updates. Even if we don’t have any exciting news, it’s still nice to know we’re here. These updates will come from Clare who will be checking in with me and the team to get all the updates and important information for you.

The most important thing we wanted to let you know is that the team is working on fixing the remaining issues, tightening everything up and there will be more patches soon.

Thanks.

Stay Alive!
— Beam Team

4 Likes

Awesome news.

Will there be a full list of patch notes available when 1.0 is live?

Any chance of making the days longer??? They just go by so fast I never have time to do everything I need.

I do not quite understand the phrase “The release of version 1.0 on PC means that the game is now fully completed on all platforms.” Does this mean that absolutely all content from the PC version, including all the content and features of the “New Big World” update and the ability to place objects on base structures, is guaranteed to be transferred to consoles in the near future? Because if this is not about that, then some kind of illogical nonsense is obtained, since the build on the PC means only the build on the PC and has nothing to do with the rawer and much less functional console versions of the game.

1 Like

Do we know When the update going to be released for console then😁 ?

Hi console versions are not done! I loved this game but cmon!

I still own and run the biggest club on Xbox live with 450+ members and I am constantly helping people with game breaking bugs. I have always defended your small team and tried to rationalize my own frustrations, even as I have tried been patient with sometimes months of no response.

Three of my four save slots are corrupted. First one died on day 289, stuck on blue Loading Screen. Supposedly an update fixed that. I started a new save and built my huge castle, and on day 483 upon reloading the whole building picked up and rematerialized sunken down into the sand, unable to interact with, destroy or add to - heartbreaking. Then comes multiplayer update, I get suckered in again! I got to day 403. Last night it happens again, I fly the gyro home to my ship only to find my whole base destroyed and sunken into the island again!!! I can’t interact with anything, cannot destroy, and cannot build onto it or near any of the rest. It’s completely broken again Arrrggghh!!!

The whole xCASTAWAYx club follows the things that I build, I have 1000+ hours of streaming STRANDED DEEP. This last night really ended the whole community - I cannot handle another heartbreaking disappointment after such a colossal waste of my !ing time.

I log on to the forums to see PC is now a finished product. Do you guys even own an Xbox? I don’t know why I got my hopes up, I mean fool me once and fool me twice right? But a THIRD time?
I guess I’m a sucker.

My Ship BEFORE

My Ship AFTER

:rage::rage::rage::rage:

My Castle BEFORE

My Castle AFTER

@Lothaer - You’ve probably already seen it by now, but in case not, or if anyone else wants a link to it, the 1.0 notes are here - Stranded Deep 1.0 Release!

@Vrivera2022 - This may be considered a feature so I’m not sure, but I’ll pass this feedback into the team. You can also post in the Suggestions section if you have not already done so.

@Shturman889 - Please bear with me, I’ve reached out to the team to get some additional clarification on the items you mentioned and I will share the response here as soon as I receive it.

@Charlie1992 - Not yet! But I’ll let you know as soon as I get a release date from the team :slight_smile:

@xGnomeGrownx - The team understands there are still outlying issues within both the PC and Console versions of the game. While PC 1.0 has been released and is considered feature complete, the team will be continuing to work on issues reported by players that play on both PC and Console. But I do understand that it is frustrating that some issues are taking longer than others to resolve. I have a report I created based on previous reports you had on issues in your larger builds and I will update it with the images and links provided.

—-----

Please note I will do my best to respond to questions here as best I can. If you have an issue you wish to report, please create a new report in the Console Bug Reports section as multiple reports in the one thread can become messy and I don’t want to risk missing anything from anyone.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks clare much appreciated :grin:

1 Like

Thank you very much Clare

1 Like

Thank you for your patience and responsiveness, Claire.

1 Like

So glad for this update but no mention of the spyglass fix!? After using the spyglasses on single player and multiple players, (ps4) the view stays as if you’re still looking through the spyglasses. The only fix i found for this is saving game and going back to the main menu and then continuing. Would really like to see this fixed in the near future.

@Shturmann889 - Thank you for your understanding. As I mentioned I requested clarification from the team based on your comments.

I can confirm that storage piles is the only remaining feature from PC due to be brought over to the Console version. Due to limitations, features like the larger map will not be added.

However they did also confirm that placing items inside of structures would be considered more of a “Quality of Life” change and this may be added in a future update - I unfortunately don’t have confirmation on which update it would be included in. There may also be other items in this category due to be addressed, while I did not ask for specifics at this time, I’ll add it to my list of questions from the community for one of my future updates and see if I can get more details for everyone and post it in a community update.

1 Like

Hi @420gamer36, welcome to the forums.

I moved your post to this topic as you are a console player. The update to 1.0 was released for PC, the console update is still in progress. As per Sam’s message above, we don’t have a confirmed ETA for the console update yet but we’ll let the community know as soon as we have one.

However, I can confirm the team found a fix for the spyglasses issue and the fix is due to be released in the next update. The workaround for this issue in the interim, is exactly as you described - reloading your save. I understand it is not ideal but I have unfortunately not heard of any in-game solutions for this issue, if one is discovered between now and the release of the fix, I will add it to the known issue report here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spyglass / Binoculars not working as intended

I am absolutely convinced that the computing power of the PS5 and xbox series x is more than enough to cope with the “new big world” update, so the statement about the limitations for these platforms looks extremely doubtful. I am ready to buy it for money, despite the fact that pc users got it for free. Just give it to us!

2 Likes

Can you please fix the no sharks on custom island on consoles please? I love the game just wish the team would fix some of the issues. Custom islands need to be improved as well let consoles add caves and all that like PC has please
Thank you.

3 Likes

So to clarify has the PS4 version been updated?

None of the console versions have received an update recently.

Claire, hi. Pass my message to the developers of the console version of the game, please. Guys! We believed in you all these years, patiently watching the development of the PC version of the game and dreaming in the afternoon when a holiday will come on our street, so that now you will tell us - “No, a new big world will not be added due to restrictions” ? I don’t believe you can’t do this for current gen consoles, i understand why there may be difficulties with the implementation on the nintendo switch, but this can definitely be done for ps5 and the xbox series s/x and I’m willing to buy this and all subsequent expansions with money, just do it, give us that content. There are significantly heavier games on the PS5 that work great. For example, look at No man sky, he feels great on ps5 and the guys also started working together in the basement without a penny in their bosoms, fought against world skepticism and threats and see how their game looks today and receives regular updates every 2-3 months , and the team moved to a cozy office and expanded significantly. And you can do it too, your game is beautiful, you have great creativity, but don’t give up your idea, don’t forget where you started, don’t leave your audience, we really believe in you and we will continue to hope for a positive outcome for both the game and and for team development.

3 Likes

Well said mate i agree with everything you said and would happily pay money too as the game is truly fantastic

1 Like