[PS4][2079][Save Game Crash] Game Crashes While Saving PS4

Summary - I get the blue screen error upon saving at least 4 times per day. It only happens if I wait just a little too long to save while I’m building and moving things around. I try to save once every ten minutes or less, more so if I’m in the middle of building a large structure, or organizing a lot of items. I have a pretty significant amount of items loose on the ground. Should I try to keep most items in crates? Is it the “collision” thing that causes an overload of data? If so, maybe having loose items spread out would be better, as opposed to trying to stack them up(which makes them glitchy until they settle).
P. S. - this is the best game I’ve played since GTA 5 came out, I’m really rooting for you guys to be able to continue improving and updating the game! Keep up the good work and if you need specific details from me, just ask!

Seed - 51796566

Settings - Changed animals to passive mode and removed clouds. No custom islands.

Steps - Wait more than 10 minutes to save, or build/move a large quantity of items before saving. I only save while looking down directly at shelter/sleeping bag, making sure not to have any items in view and not holding any item in my hands.

Extras - I only play single player. Crashing began very early on, maybe within the first 10 game days. Tried reloading game/file and tried clearing PS4 cache with no improvement.

***Last thing, different topic but it’s minor, one of my clay flasks says “empty empty empty empty empty clay flask” and seems to add another “empty” every time it is fully depleted.

PS4, latest update, blue screen upon saving. It only happens if I wait just a little too long to save while I’m building and moving things around. I try to save once every ten minutes or less, more so if I’m in the middle of building a large structure, or organizing a lot of items. I have a pretty significant amount of items loose on the ground. Should I try to keep most items in crates? Is it the “collision” thing that causes an overload of data? If so, maybe having loose items spread out would be better, as opposed to trying to stack them up(which makes them glitchy until they settle).
P. S. - this is the best game I’ve played since GTA 5 came out, I’m really rooting for you guys to be able to continue improving and updating the game! Keep up the good work.

Hi LilB13,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced this issue when saving. Thank you for taking the time to report it. I have moved your post to it’s own thread so I can address it directly.

Please let me know:

• Does this issue mainly occur on your base island, or do you find it occurs on all islands where you wish to save?
  • Do you experience a lot of lag on your island?

From your description it sounds like the loose items may be a contributing factor to the blue screen on save. Often loose items result in a build up in lag on an island or within the area they’re located and in the past this lag can eventually build up enough that it lead to crashes. Does this sound similar to what’s happening in your save?

I am not a dev so I cannot confirm if it is collision related, but in the past player’s who experience similar have found the lag and the potential for crashes have been reduced by placing as many loose items in crates as they can. I would also recomment removing any loose items from around your shelter - while I cannot confirm if this will have an impact on saving, I know loose items around things like fires and other crafting stations have affected the functionality of items.

I am not sure if laying items out will have the same impact as reducing them into crates or not, but if you try this, please let me know if it helps you.

Thank you also for your kind words and support! I shall pass this onto the team as I know they’d be happy to hear it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woops! My Bad, sorry LilB13, I had not realised you had created a separate post before moving your first one, so I’ve now merged them here.

Thanks for including these extra details and for including what you have tried already. I shall add them to my notes.

Thank you also for reporting that clay flask issue. I’ll report it to the team so it can be resolved.

1 Like

[2089]Since posting, I have moved to a new base on a custom island to see if there’s a change. I made the island as small as possible (with only about 15 trees and one cliff), and I’ve got the vast majority of items in crates. It definitely has less lag, but unfortunately still crashes sometimes. My next culprit is my raft, it carries 33 crates and lags like crazy for a couple seconds while approaching either of my base islands. Slight lag while approaching untouched islands, and it makes the same clicking sound that happens when you hover over an item in your inventory. It’s like 10 rapid clicks, there’s more clicks when I have more items in my crates on the raft.

Hi LilB13 - Thank you for that extra infomation and update on the lag in your game as you move around the islands. I’m sorry to hear it’s still crashing.

The lag when travelling to islands, if you experience it at about midway betweent he two islands, this is likely the threshold where the information for the island you’re travelling to starts to load in. Certainly the more items on the island the more you may notice this effect.

In the past, players were able to avoid some lag by looking directly upwards, or having their character face away from the island as they approach which gave the island time to load in. I’m not sure if this workaround is still affective for players but it may be worth a shot and may help the trip be less bumpy.

Thank you also for noting that clicking noise, I’ve seen other players mention similar and I’ll note the potential link between the noise and the crates on your raft for the team.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4][2116] Crashing when saving and Disconnects when travelling