[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

My wife and I were having problems, I had saved already after they started. Today when we loaded our game up to see if we could find any work arounds it loaded with everything working now. We have no idea why this worked this time other than we had completely shut down our playstations last night. Might be worth a shot at least.

Agreed. My issue only started after last patch

2 Likes

Same issue, had the game about 24 hours. Between day 4 and 5 into my file, and a second island, I suddenly can’t pick up or interact with almost everything. This includes the life raft and the paddle. Can’t drag items. Had 2 crates stacked and can’t access either. My save is right before the glitch/bug happens, as far as I can tell. PS4, solo offline. First time playing and just started gaining some momentum, and suddenly the game is fully unplayable currently.

1 Like

Bonjour, je suis un joueur français sur PS4, 178 jours de survie, sur la montre le bug se produit à 15h45 le 29 juillet, pendant une tempête. Je suis sur une île annexe, après plusieurs jours de récolte sur cette dernière.
J’ai construit beaucoup de choses sur mon île principale, j’ai amassé énormément de chose et j’avais pleins de projets pour la suite du jeu. Je suis très frustré et très déçu. Comme souvent tout fonctionnait bien avant la MAJ, je prenais beaucoup de plaisir sur ce jeu et maintenant c’est un sentiment de colère qui m’envahit.
J’espère que vous pourrez résoudre le problème sans que je perde ma sauvegarde car il est hors de question que je recommence.
Bon courage à vous

Translate added by Clare using Google Translate
Hello, I am a French player on PS4, 178 days of survival, on the watch the bug occurs at 3:45 p.m. on July 29, during a storm. I am on an annex island, after several days of harvesting on it.
I built a lot of things on my main island, I amassed a lot of stuff and I had lots of plans for the rest of the game. I am very frustrated and very disappointed. As often everything worked well before the update, I was having a lot of fun playing this game and now it’s a feeling of anger that comes over me.
I hope you can fix the problem without losing my save because there is no way I can do it again.
Good luck to you

Hi I just got the same issue I was playing this game already long time ago and everything was fine except some lagging in the game but since the new update I encountered some issues currently this one I can’t interact with nothing that’s very frustrating

Same problem for me. Everything was fine before the update, played a few different games with no issue but after the update once it reaches about 9:30am in game I am unable to interact with anything in the world. Have tried quitting out and reloading and uninstalling and reinstalling the game but nothing fixes it, once it hits that time in game same thing. Also tried new games and eventually the same thing happens.
Have also tried customising the islands for the game and just starting the game with no custom islands too, nothing seems to fix it.

Hi all,

First of all - thank you to everyone who is sharing information on their experience of this issue. I really appreciate it. I wont be able to respond to everyone individually, but I will be going through everything you’ve written, updating my report and getting this information to the team. If I have any Questions, I’ll tag you.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. May I ask, on everyone’s behalf, if the developers are aware and or are working on this issue?

Hi Flustrate,
Yes they are aware and investigating this issue. I have already submitted an initial report and I’m updating it with information from players as I recieve it so they are kept up to date with player experiences.

2 Likes

General question for everyone - What is happening environmentally in your save when you notice this starting. I know some of you have mentioned storms, but is anyone else experiencing it during a storm, rainfall or maybe just before or after?

Zuvu also mentioned 18:30 on the ingame clock when it occurred for them and JackieChung reported seeing it at about 09:30. Have any of you noticed it occuring around those times too?

Lastly, can players confirm for me what console they’re playing on? I’m trying to judge the balance between PlayStation and Xbox players affected by this.

I’ve read all of the comments and I am having the issue. I have also noticed the same reply over and over. " Thanks I’ll put it in a report the the team" which seems to be a polite way of saying sorry but we aren’t going to do anything. Why on earth would anyone put a game out without fully testing to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I was really enjoying the game but now I am extremely disappointed.

I am playing on the ps4 and for me it happens every time I leave my base island.

This is happening on my game on my main base

2 Likes

Hi Fireknightg1, welcome to the forums,

I understand your disappointment with this issue. I am a liaison between the console team and the community, not a dev, so I do not have specific details on the work they are doing to resolve this issue. However I am, as I said, taking the information provided by players and giving it to the console team via reports and updates as all information provided by players about their experience of this issue can help.

Thank you for providing that extra information about your own experience. If you’ve noticed if there is anything in common with the environmental conditions or the time of day, please let me know.

The only thing I have noticed is once I leave my base island it will freeze for about two seconds and after that I am unable to interact with anything.

Hi Clare
No it doesn’t seem to occur during or after rain events.
I haven’t been paying too close attention to time unfortunately.
I’m playing on PS5 console.
Also, started a new game today. I stopped being able to interact with items a few hours in.

1 Like

Thanks Frieknightg1 and Alex for those details.

Thank you @crimson60620 for sharing that video. I couldn’t really make it out, but are you playing on PlayStation? And as per my questions above, have you noticed any environmental changes or if it occured at a specific time of day in your game?

Hi Clare,
First of all I would like to say I admire your hasty and dedication into hearing and interaction with us the community, keep it up! Problem occurs on starter island and the second island after that I visited. But if I were to go to a third that’s never been explored the interaction hud comes back and only works for a very short period before it all happens again. I play online, solo host and last save I’ve had I did it in crouch before I started getting interaction issues. PS4, Sunny 18:30 in-game hour. Thank u and I hope it helps. Cheers!

2 Likes

This problem is happening only on the island I`m “living”, if I travel to another island I can interact to all things there. The first time this happened it was after storm rain, but the second time this problem started after I just traveled to another island to collect things, and when I came back I couldn’t interact with more nothing. About the ingame clock, the first time it was around 12:20 pm, and the second it was about 8:00 am. I’m playing in PS4.

On Ps4, started on another island about around the time when the day changed (i noticed bc my save was on day 29 and it goes to 30 by the time the bug occurs). There may have been a storm. I managed to sail back to my first island and save. Then reload and can’t interact with anything.