Not loading on 2nd page

Hello claire my name is Brittney I’m sure u dont remember me but I am having trouble loading my game this morning it seems to be stuck on the loading page it is switching the helpful hints at the bottom but it just says loading cleaning up at the top. I have turned my ps4 on the off I’ve closed the game then reloaded a couple times and it still does the same thing. My seed number is …
Thank u have a great day!!!

I’m not claire/clare, but my game got stuck on ‘cleaning up’ as well, you might have a chance to recover your save but it depends:

Your game probably crashed/froze during saving, and now your save game can not be loaded anymore (it’s corrupted).
You might still be able to have an older save in the PSN cloud that works (if it’s not overridden already by your local save game that’s corrupted!!!).

• On the PS4 main screen go to Stranded Deep and press the [option] key to open the menu.
  • Select Upload/Download Saved Data.
  • Select your online saved data on the right and Download your save slot (or just download all, but save slot is only necessary) and download it to overwrite it with your local save on the System Storage.

If this online ‘saved data’ is of the same date as your local system storage save before doing this, then this means it’s too late, your online save has been updated with the corrupted local save. This means you will have to start over.

To prevent this from happening (until this is fixed in the game):

• Make sure to always upload your local saved game to the online storage whenever you saved successfully, so you can download this whenever you get stuck on ‘cleaning up’ again.

Prevent crashing/freezing while saving:

• Do not move with your character or camera (thumbstick) at all or better: don’t do anything at all when saving at a Shelter/Sleeping bag.
  • Make sure to have as few as possible items on the ground in view when saving.
  • Be careful when saving after an item has been dropped in the ocean / abyss.

Possible fix when game freezes when saving:
(when performed correctly all loose items laying around my fly around like crazy)

• When game freezes during saving, either the start menu opens or you can open the start menu itself by pressing [option] key.
  • Go to options and toggle Passive mode to on/off (whatever it was not on)(also: one time I just changed the game volume, applied those changes which worked as well…)
  • Unpause, game should continue working now, loose items laying around might fly/bounce away.
  • Now you can try and save again (make sure to not move, no items in sight this time)

Also:
Your PS4 can crash to blue crash screen as well sometimes during saving… but this doesn’t mess up your save, it just doesn’t save the game at all then.

1 Like

As I wrote my previous reply, the fix has been patched and is available as an update on PS4/Xbox:

Do you think that the team will find a possibility so that we can restore our saves?

They mention in that update about the hotfix that just got released that previously affected savegames will not be able to be restored/repaired!

So your only hope the restore it is to get that online cloud save I mentioned (again: unless that cloud save has been updated to your broken local save game :frowning: )

And as I wrote, to get that cloud save:

You might still be able to have an older save in the PSN cloud that works (if it’s not overridden already by your local save game that’s corrupted!!!).

• On the PS4 main screen go to Stranded Deep and press the [option] key to open the menu.
  • Select Upload/Download Saved Data.
  • Select your online saved data on the right and Download your save slot (or just download all, but save slot is only necessary) and download it to overwrite it with your local save on the System Storage.

Good luck, I hope your older save is still in the cloud! You’ll lose some minutes/hours of gameplay but at least you don’t have to start over like I had to already (didn’t know of the online cloud save before) :confused:

1 Like

OK

remember to thank the team, 30 hours of play and a good advance of the trophees towards platinum reset to 0 because of an update,

thank you

1 Like

Yo estoy igual , perdí 141 dias de progreso , iba a por el platino pero me han borrado el save , una basura de juego , no lo juguéis

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate

I’m the same, I lost 141 days of progress, I was going for platinum but they have erased my save, a game rubbish, don’t play it

Hi Brittney - I’m so sorry I missed your post last week. I do of course remember you and I’m sorry to hear this becoming stuck in the “Cleaning Up” phase affected your save.

I hope they information @jasondecrae shared was able to help you (Thank you Jasondecrae!).

All the additional information on this issue can be found in the thread Jasondecrae linked above too.

As you didn’t mention it in your post, I want to double check if before this happened did you experience a freeze when trying to save your game before you were unable to load in correctly?

Please also let me know if you can recall if this might have happened after dumping items in the sea, losing items, saving when a notification on screen or similar.

I’m sorry again for my delay in responding and that this has happened to your save.