[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load

I just want to share that after 2073 was released on XBOX, I went back into my 428 day save and played for a couple hours off and on with no problems. All problems then started when I dropped a label maker and it fell through the mesh. Right after the label maker fell through, I saved and the save froze and then when trying to reload it stuck on ‘cleaning up’. My only point is the mesh issue, save issue, and cleaning up issue all seem related. I can’t believe I lost my main save slot with 428 days invested! I should have been more cautious and played a secondary save for a while to see if all the kinks were really worked out.

1 Like

Lots of sad Stranded Deep players right now (sad and mad ones)

Has the save glitch now been updated on the xbox ?

@Jondeg

I played for a couple hours last night on 2074 with a save that didn’t get destroyed by 2073, and I can tell you that I still saw items fall through the “floor” of the game (my hoe and a couple crabs at different places) completely disappearing. So the save freeze problem cannot be related if they fixed that problem.

Hi all, Sorry I haven’t been as responsive today. I’ll catch up on all the various messages and reports tomorrow.

For now, a small update…

UPDATE 10/17 Part 2
The XBox patch was submitted to Microsoft and is awaiting approval. As soon as the team gets this they’ll be publishing the patch.

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4][2074] Issues noticed during gameplay

Game has updated twice the last couple of days , interactive menu fixed however now we can’t load in. Another update today not sure what to fix cause it didn’t the loading issue . Ps4

Commenting so I know I’ve read to here. Please read the top post including my updates (quoted below) for current information.

Please do not post other issues in this thread, I cannot track issues in the comments sections of other threads. If you have issues, please create a new bug report and I will get to it asap.

@Clare so are we still waiting for a patch/update from Microsoft for xbox users?

Yes I believe so, I haven’t recieved word yet that it’s been approved. I’m on a different timezone to some team members so I’ll try to get an update on this as soon as I can.

1 Like

I know it’s not much of an update, but the team have said the patch is still in the hands of Microsoft. The plan however remains the same, as soon as the update for XBox is approved they’ll publish it and from there it shouldn’t take too long to reach the various regions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

I wonder why it’s taking longer for the patch to happen on xbox than it did for PS :thinking::thinking:

Yep was just fine now can’t play once again all my saves are stuck ice owened it 4 weeks played it 4 days awsome😒

This game is a fcking joke I will not lose 4 saves once again and for however long it takes for them to fix it this time yall need to twll Microsoft whoever wants a refund should be issued one no question asked this is ridiculous I’m starting of starting your broken game over and over for the few days I’ve even been avle to play it this time made it 47 days had everything almost done was about to go for bosses then it crashed and now I will lose all my progress across all my damn saves because yall can’t make a game that works this was a cash grab on console and I will never touch another beam team game ever again [Removed -Clare]

Don’t trust it I did the same just made it to day 47 had a crazy amount of stuff done and it crashed while saving and guess what now all that is gone because these devs do not kno how to test a freaking update and once again it is broken and cannot be played

Dang must have been a different update it didn’t fix it.

@Clare do we have to make a new save once the update is out? Are our worlds permanently gone? Thanks!

According to them yes if it happened while saving the save is dead doesn’t matter if it was day 1 or 400 its such bs we paid for this on xbox and have been shafted the whole way so tired of the “it’s a small team excuse” if that’s the case make it free for everyone not just playstation such crap I’ve had this game 4 weeks has been unplayable for 26 of those 30 days

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: we get the xbox update today PLEASEEEE :tired_face::tired_face: