[PS4][2074] Issues noticed during gameplay

@Clare , knock on wood, i deleted all files, unistalled and then reinstalled, then updated to 1.11 on PS4, and havent had save glitch since then and am playing multiplayer but solo.
Console: PS4
Seed#: 51750671
Tutorial: off
Camera View: 3rd person
Wildlife default
Volumetric clouds: on
Custom island : yes (2)

A few things I am noticing.

1. Objects still appear to be falling through ground. This happens at least 2-3x per gaming session minimum.
  2. Coconuts are only spawning 1 to a tree (some trees used to spawn 2)
  3. Label Maker not working (when trying to rename crates, notification simple says broken.
  4. When buildiing custom islands you can no
    Longer rotate or move items by hitting apply. Ie…when placing ships, cliffs erc… it appears they are placed in fixed locations in the order they are placed.
  5. Overheating seems to be really high. Used to be able to take an aloe and be good for the day. Now even with an aloe, you get overheated, thirsty., and hungry by mid day
  6. Some animals are not spawning. Especially on custom islands, always lock in hog and giant crab but they never spawn. Very rarely see hog on non custom islands, maybe 1 out if 10 islands

Just wanted you all to know.

P.S. any chance the Dev Team would consider updating the custon island tool so that the user has more control in where items are placed, islands formations, ship locations and depth, etc… Islands are so bare

Hi Jared0499,

I moved your post to it’s own topic. In future please create a new bug report if you’re reporting issues separate to the one you’re commenting on as I cannot follow up in the comments section of large topics.

Thank you for including all of your system and gameplay setup details in this post. I shall respond to each of your points below.

1.Objects still appear to be falling through the ground. This happens at least 2-3x per gaming session minimum.
The team is aware that objects are still falling through the ground. The interaction bug should not trigger with these. The fix released was to prevent the issue from occuring if objects did fall through the ground. However if you can recall which items you did lose through the ground I will make a note of them for the team as they’ll likely be investigating items and why it is happening. Please also check the shore of your island, sometimes items lost through the ground have shown up there for players.

2. Coconuts are only spawning 1 to a tree (some trees used to spawn 2)
I shall mention this to the team so they can investigate.

3. Label Maker not working (when trying to rename crates, notification simple says broken.
Have you ever been able to use this label maker in this save or has it always shown you the notification? Is there any durability rating showing for it in your inventory?

4.When buildiing custom islands you can no
Longer rotate or move items by hitting apply. Ie…when placing ships, cliffs erc… it appears they are placed in fixed locations in the order they are placed.

This is an issue the team is aware of.

5. Overheating seems to be really high. Used to be able to take an aloe and be good for the day. Now even with an aloe, you get overheated, thirsty., and hungry by mid day
The team is aware of this issue. I have two reports submitted to them for issues that contribute to this. One is the SPF meter drops too quickly for players, and the second is the UV is “High” for much longer in the day than it was before. You may also find the raft canopy is not providing shelter from the sun.

6. Some animals are not spawning. Especially on custom islands, always lock in hog and giant crab but they never spawn. Very rarely see hog on non custom islands, maybe 1 out if 10 islands
Did you turn wildlife off at any stage for this save? This may be due to some creatures still falling through the ground as I know hogs and were falling through the map quickly with snakes. I will make a note of this for the team so they can look into this.

Any extra information you can provide would be greatly appreciated as it can help in investigating some of the issues you mentioned above further. Though the team are aware of a number of the issues you mentioned above, thank you for reporting them. Reports like these can help me to keep track of the frequency of the issues amongst players as well as gather any extra details that may be useful to the team based on a player’s unique experience.

With regards to your question about the custom island tool. I do not know the background details as to why the limitations are set the way they are, however I will pass your feedback onto the team.

Thank you for responding. My apologies for not adhering to the forum topic and creating a new topic. Answers to your questions.

1. Items falling through:
    -spears (all types) when set down or thrown into ground to stick up
    -fish and crabs
  • plants (aloe, ajuga, pipi)
    -wooden planks
  1. Label Maker:
    -Have not used in this saved game (online multiplayer mode playing solo)
    -Durability Invincible

2. Wildlife:

• i did not turn wildlife off during this save. I had done previously to try the workaround for interaction glitch but as mentioned i unistalled and deleted all saves and the reinstalled and updated with 1.10 and 1.11

Thank you for sharing info about custom island tool. Absolutely love the game and just want to be able to create.

Thanks
JARED

Thank you for that extra information Jared0499. I shall submit this extra information to the team for their inverstigations.

With regards to creation of custom islands, I’ve seen a few reports from players that when they load the new island, there is a lot missing in comparison to the preview in the cartographer. Other than creatures, have you noticed anything else missing from your custom islands?

Hey clare, sorry been aqay for a few days. Nothing else joticed except for the 1 hog and giant crab. The 2 little boars show up

No worries Jared0499, thank you for letting me know!