[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spoiled food stuck in crates

Update
The team believe they have found a solution for this issue and are testing it. All going well it should hopefully be released in the next update.

Issue Summary:
Players have reported that Spoiled Fruit and Potatoes cannot be removed from crates. Fresh items can be added to the stack within the crates but if they are in a stack with a spoiled item they also become stuck.

[Correction: Originally it was reported by players that Starter Crates may not be affected by this issue, however it has been confirmed by multiple players that Starter Crates can indeed be affected and are not a viable workaround]

Workarounds:
Saving, quitting and reloading will remove them from the crates along with any fresh items in the stack allowing the crates to be used again but the items will be gone from the save.

@Clare

Just want to confirm, if someone hasn’t already, that this absolutely occurs with starter crates too. It happened to me yesterday with two of my stacks of potatoes that were in the same starter crate.

If you’re already aware of this, you should update the post so people don’t think they can work around the bug by putting their perishable items in starter crates.

[Ps4][2083]

1 Like

Thank you @EDenney - Someone had mentioned it and I completely forgot to update the post. Thank you for prompting me to do so and for also adding your own confirmation.

So any updates on getting this issue and the spyglass bugs fixed or am I still stuck with a damaged game that I paid for

Hi CLad99, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear both of these issues are affecting your save and I understand how frustrating they can be for players. The team is continuing to work on this crates issue - I have not received an update from them on the progress of this. However I can confirm they have a fix for the binoculars issue and will be including it in the next update. Unfortunately the release date of the next update and other fixes / changes contained therein has not yet been announced. As soon as it is, it will be posted in Console News and Announcements.

Update added to main post:

Update
The team believe they have found a solution for this issue and are testing it. All going well it should hopefully be released in the next update.