[xb1][2083][crate bug] Spoiled fruit stuck in crate

Hi Dios1,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Can you confirm for me when you say “Saving and quitting clears them from the crate” if this means that when you reload the game the crates are now empty / the rotten fruit has vanished and you can use the crate again? If so, are any of the fresh items also removed or are they left behind?

Hey Clare. Yep they are useable when loading back in, all contents gone even the fresh items.

Thank you for confirming that info for me Dios1, I’ll note it in my report.

Hello, I’ve been having the same issue with potato’s/fruit in the wooden crates it shows them in the crate, but I cannot select them. Exiting to main menu then returning to game play deletes the potato’s/ fruit in the wooden crates. If you store the potato’s/fruit in the starter crates, there’s no issue. I’m playing single player not on line PS4.

I have the same issue on PS5, I have 4 spoiled Quwawa. They were in the container before the recent update.

Hi @OIF1ADVET - thank you for letting me know and for the starter crate vs regular crate distinction, I will make sure to note this for the team.

@HeavyZnDaBoys - Thank you also for letting me know this happens for you on your PS5 too and that they were placed there before the update.

I’ve created a Known Issues post for this here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spoiled food stuck in crates

Sorry :frowning: I was wrong about the starter crate, just lost a Quwawa.

I had potatoes in a crate with pipa. Couldn’t access them so I saved and quit and came back in. Potatoes were gone but the pipa was still in the crate.

Yup can confirm @Clare this has just happened to me i had atleast 6 crates full off potatoes from my farm all spoiled in the crates of course as they have been there a while lol. Opened them it wouldnt let me select the items in the crates but the jerry cans in the crates right next to them no problem can access them without issue. Didnt think much of it saved came back all 6 crates empty lol heartbroken :broken_heart: lol

Sorry for my delay in responding to you @OIF1ADVET - I’m sorry to hear it happened in your starting crate too. Thank you for letting me know, I shall update my report.

@wilson - Thank you for mentioning this, I’m sorry your potatoes were lost but it’s good to know that your pipa was not. I’ll include it in my report also.

@Charlie1992 - I’m sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing the details of your experience. I understand this is so disheartening for everyone…

1 Like

Yeah this is rediculous. One bug after another. The game honestly gets worse after every update. Not worth the headache anymore. Report a bug and for what? To see nothing done about it month after month. Sorry and understanding doesnt help anyone. Step it up. This is garbage.

4 Likes

I am also having this same issue… went to start farming and now I can’t remove fruit or potatoes from any crates.

Hi StrandedDS, welcome to the forums,

Can you confirm for me if the items that are stuck in your crate are spoiled items? If any fresh items are also stuck, please let me know.

Hello Clare any news on the patch to fix the fruit/potatoes/spy glasses issue? On consoles Thanks :grin:

Hi @OIF1ADVET - not yet I’m afraid, but if I hear anything it’ll be posted here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spoiled food stuck in crates and the spyglasses one is here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spyglass / Binoculars not working as intended

I have also highlighted for the team how many players have reported these issues in my reports.

So. 4 months later and no fix? My potatoes are stuck in my crate. Hard to get fuel and complete the game with no potatoes.
I took a break from this game due to so many glitches. Came back yesterday and different glitches.

Hi KPI,

Please see above for the link to the Known Issues post for this issue, if any information is passed to me from the team about this issue, it’ll be posted there. The team are currently working on the next console update but further details have not been released yet.

I understand this issue can impact progress in the game, including in the production of fuel as you mentioned and I will pass your feedback onto the team.

Bought this game a while back, eventually decided I wanted to go for the platinum trophy on PS4 as I enjoy survival games.
Found I couldn’t get it anymore on my day 83 playthrough as the only 2 Quwawa fruit in this playthrough don’t respawn and I had eaten them without knowing that the trees never bare fruit ever again.

Came back a year later to have another crack at it, maxed out crafting everything I need to get ‘Gotta craft them all’ trophy only to find that I had this same issue, fruit stuck in crate then disappeared.
But my situation is worsened by the fact that I had a spare fruit laying on the ground on my base island with my other herbs only to go to where I left it to finding that it had despawned, it was there for a long time then suddenly gone when I needed it for the trophy. And here’s the kicker those were the only 2 fruit in this playthrough too but I’m not the one that ate them this time, Stranded Deep’s coding ate them.

Once again I’ve been cheated out of my platinum trophy and made to look like a fool, I feel like a fool too looking at these replies.

You can’t magic them back for us after taking them away I get that, that’s why you guys are giving the boilerplate reply of apologies and saying you understand because that’s all you can do, you might fix the bug in time but you can’t fix the issue that the rest of us have been left with prior.
Just do the right thing here, make fruit respawn on trees, least you can do after you took them away from us in the first place.

It was my mistake on the 1st playthrough that I failed to get the platinum, the failure on the 2nd play through is all on you guys.
Please don’t expect people to do a 3rd playthrough because of your mistakes.

Hi Grizz,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for your feedback regarding both the fruit spawning and the details of your experience of this issue with fruit in crates.

I will submit your feedback regarding respawning fruit to the team, with a note about how it affected you in both instances and that you found a very limited number of the Quwawa in your saves also as they may wish to look into these numbers also.

Fruit left on the ground has always despawned after a while