[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

If this helps at all mine appears to start glitching exactly at the time 15:06 in game on the 7th day. Thank you I know you get a lot of comments I appreciate your help!

Mine just bugged again about an hour ago. Was working fine since it unbugged a couple days ago. Thought they fixed it what a joke. Somehow mines been working until about an hour ago not sure when it broke again for everyone else.

Went from day 12 to day 38

I can confirm that removing animals from the world ā€œfixedā€ everything, I was able to interact with all items normally and chop trees again. Go into menu and settings and remove animals from world.

The correct place isnt a bug report thread. Blaming Clare is like blaming the postman because your parcel isnt here yet.

1 Like

On a more constructive noteā€¦

So the bug is linked to animals somehow, yet there is a cyclical element to itā€¦

I wonder if it could be associated with the spawn/respawn of an animal somewhere on the map. For example a snake you killed a few days ago respawning.

Just thinking aloud

I got mine working a few days ago but had no luck this time.

It was working on the island i was on and i sailed to another island the fish were floating over the water there was a bad storm. When i got to the island dragged my boat ashore dropped it and couldnt interact again.

Went 23 in game days thought they fixed it.

Ive tried cartographer and switching all the animal view cloud setting no luck. That might have been what i did the first time it started working but i did so many things its hard to know.

Hi @Clare about the new workaround. I tried it and it works! I removed animals and itā€™s ā€œfixedā€ albeit still a big buggy. Seagulls now fly through my base and if I look at my watch while facing something you can interact with then the watch gets covered by that interaction option. Not unplayable but a bit annoying and may give insight into whatā€™s happening

XBox series S, 2071

Started playing Stranded Deep about 5 days ago, new game, seed #41151417. Midday on day 6 the glitch hit, during a storm, and immediately after just killing a giant crab. Had just sailed to second island. I did kill a snake on original island. I dropped a plank on original island that morning which disappeared, but I crouched and was able to interact and pick it up.

Loaded a new game on another save slot. Seed #55198040. Managed to play until day nine. I was on my third island. Saw no snakes at all. Was a clear day. Nothing disappeared into ground. Luckily I had saved after sleep at 8am game time. At exactly 10.25am glitch happened. After reading forums here, spent the next two hours reloading and trying every setting in options, tried just standing still, swimming, sailing, climbed up a palm treeā€¦Every time at 10.25 it glitches. I was planning on loading up on water and I already had plenty of smoked meat and just trying to wait and survive as long as possible to see if the glitch does cycleā€¦but I really couldnā€™t commit. Not that much patience.

Loaded my original save from when I purchased game back in June 2020. Seed #10677914. Hadnā€™t played in over 12 months. Was 59 days in. Played until day 69 before glitch. Saw no snakes but I had already visited local islands previously.

As well as all methods mentioned here and on forums, I also hard powered off XBox, but no dice. Last thing was thinking maybe uninstall game and reload. Would lose saves, but might work.

Hope this helps

Havent seen any rattle snakes but i did hear one it was either in a rock or under the map

Temp fix here. Games working

Hey guys figured something out about the workaround and temp fix.

I got mine working after trying 1000 combinations of things and narrowed it down.

Removing the animals DOES work. But theres a few steps if you already removed animals before.

Do this :

Have animals turned to default and load your bugged game.

Wherever your at probably dosent have animals because you mightve had it off. They wont spawn in where your at even if you turned it back on.

Leave the cell your in with animals turned on. Go to another island it will spawn in animals. Go on the island and save it with animals still on.

Exit to menu turn animals off in menu and load your game.

It has to be saved with animals turned to default PLUS there being animals in your cell like boars crabs. Exit to menu BEFORE you load in change animalss to OFF.

Okay, Iā€™ve had to do a lot of tidy up in this post since my last message.

• Keep this post on topic, this is an information post for this issue. Genuine feedback on the game is welcome, but this is not the place for it.

• Keep posts civil and respectful.

• Accusations and presuptions about the team and their intentions are against the forum rules.

• Avoid non-constructive posts and ā€œDoom and Gloomā€ posts.

Continuing to break the rules will result in a your account getting a time out. If this post continues to go off topic it will be locked.

As I stated before, feedback, both positive and negative on the game is fine. But this is not the place for it.

If you see an issue, flag it and I will deal with it.

5 Likes

Turning off animals is not working for me. Glitch started when I travelled to my third island and killed the wild boar and giant crabs. Tried the recommended steps in one of the earlier posts but couldnā€™t make anything happen. Some items are interactable over sea level such as lockers inside shipwrecks but I have to point to the lower part to interact. Same goes for containers and ship doors.

Sorry about the horrible copy/paste but was trying to keep the whole ā€˜timelineā€™ togetherā€¦

Just adding to this.

I DISABLED ANIMALS only in the Main Menu settings. Loaded in to the game and I could interact with everything normally. I re-enabled animals.

Again I played about 7 in game days and then the bugged re-occured again. This time I DISABLED ANIMALS only, but in the during game menu, and everything was working again.

This seems to consistantly alleviate the bug for me for a while.

Interesting note though (as it seems to relate to ā€˜heightā€™ and ā€˜droppingā€™ā€¦

At one point when I was playing I jumped from my new tall house to my old small one, attempting to land on its roof. I missed a broke a leg. At the time I made a splint and fixed myself up.
When the game crashed, I loaded up my previous save, and as my character spawned by the shelter, he fell a short drop and made the pain sound (like what happens when you have a non-splinted broken leg and you jump). I didnā€™t think too much about it, as I thought maybe I saved after I broke my leg but before I made a splint (donā€™t think I would have done it this way but couldnā€™t remember).

Anyways, whilst playing my second round of 7 in game days without the bug, I had saved multiple time (many saves between the broken leg incident and now). Now when the games crashed and I have to load my save, I ALWAYS spawn in the same way, character drops and I have a broken leg.

Thought it may be related. The snake spawning theory ties up with the disabling animals option BUT all my latest bugs have been happening on my Home island (where ā€˜bigā€™ animals never have spawned).
And now this ā€˜droppingā€™ in on spawn has me wondering.

It just glitched again and i unglitched it again by doing the same thing.

The animal thing wouldnt work for me because i did not have any animals on my island for it to trigger the reset.

I had to have it turned on to passive when i load, if no animals on my current island go somewhere else it will spawn animals at the new place. Save it there while theres animals around you and turned to passive or default.

Exit to menu. In menu change to removed animals. Load the game and it will work again did it multiple times.

For some reason i went back to my island where i left from to grab my boat that was too high up. Ir was glitched thereā€¦ I fixed that.

Have animals turned on from the time you load the game passive or default. Go to that glitched island make sure it loaded animals, save there, exit turn off animals, load and works.

Hopefully dont have to do it everywhere but if you have a certain island you need unglitched it will work

If your island is glitched and removing animals from menu before load is not working for you. Its most likely theres no animals on the island so wont trigger it

Ok idk anymoreā€¦ Right after i wrote that it was working fine went to my boat ate an aloe and right after couldnt touch anything again.

Hehā€¦ At this pointā€¦ I think the game is trolling us. I feel sorry for the Devs if they are experiencing the same thing.

Thus why I think we need to be a bit forgiving right now.

I think this should be ported over to the new unreal engine. Boy what a mess of bugs that would create. LMAO

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to the game having a patched update as for now I guess Iā€™ll just get the perfect start!

Dear Claire, I understand your situation and that you do not belong to the programmers but understand me, I have an account with almost 600 days with many hours invested because now the gentlemen of this game do not bother to give an official statement that we can assume that there is an update that fixes at a stroke this not the xapuzeras solutions that I am reading here

1 Like

I have the same issue. Here are some crazy thoughts that I really havenā€™t proved in any way but thought Iā€™d mention. Seems like this issue for me starts when I skin my first food. Could it be possible that when the body disappears it also takes some usable items with it? Other thoughts are when a player drops out and another appears. Do items retain ownership to the dropped out player? Example. I picked up a fishing spear that another player left. Put it in a personal storage slot then that storage space became unusable. Even when I built a new spear and tried to put it in a personal storage slot it went into the unusable slot.