[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

Hi all,

Thank you for continuing to report details of your experiences. I’ve added some info to the original post up top and I’ll keep pondering any other questions that may be of benifit and of course if the team ask any I’ll add them too.

The team are working to find the common factor that can cause this issue to occur for players. While there is no workaround for the issue, please also keep sharing any tips you have that have helped you as they may be helpful to other players affected by this issue.

The questions I added above were:

• How much real-world time occurs for you between starting a save and the issue occuring? please include gameplay hours and time spent not playing the game. For those of you playing pre-existing saves, can you recall how it was from the update to the issue occuring in real world time?
  • If you have tried multiple times and have had the issue occur at roughly the same point in a save each time, please give me a rundown of your gameplay and what you do between save start and the issue occuring.
1 Like

@djacouma - With regards to your original save, where you logged in after the update and couldn’t interact with items at the top of the tower, I know you said you abandoned it but do you still have the save file? I’m sorry if I missed where you mentioned what console you’re on, but if you’re on PS5 or PS4 would you be willing to send me a copy of that save file?

1 Like

Also, it appears the issue is limited to one island. If I go to a different island, no issue there. Come back to the original island and same thing.

1 Like

The game is broken and unplayable. I want a refund we should all be given refunds. This is theft. 2 days ago i spent 20$ for a game and was instead given a completely broken unuseable product.

3 saves no pattern besides day 10 on 2 saves and day 12 on the last time i tried to start over.

Whatever you changed change it back until you figure it out its not that complicated.

I need a refund immediately ive been robbed. I did not pay for a “pre order” to be able to play a game someday in the future i paid for something i never recieved where is my money?

1 Like

Hi Mc21271,

I understand you are frustrated with this issue and will pass on your feedback regarding reverting the version to the team. The last I heard they were still working to resolve the issue, if this changes, I believe there would be an update in the News and Announcements section.

We do not have access to player account information (to mark games as refunded) or player payment information here, you would need to contact Playstation Support to request a refund as all refunds would be processed through them.

1 Like

The first save it happened to it was day 10 15:00ish.

Default settings normal.

Never farmed.

Relaoded the game to before it happened and it happens at the same time every time. Even if leave the island before the bug.

Things i was doing when it happened was going through crates. But something triggered it before that because if i reload and do something else it still happens. Before i went through the crates i built a shelter and probably built onto my raft. There was rain either right before or after it actually loses interaction but seems set in motion by something a while before that.

Deleted reinstalled, new saves all the same.

Does have to do with things water level but other things like trees and coconuts have no hitbox anywhere.

One thing i didnt see anyone else point out is that the island i was on was stripped of all cocunuts. I noticed after the bug all the coconuts reappeared on the trees but were unusable.

Edit: Also you can still climb palm trees even though they dont highlight or show the option.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing those details Mc21271. I will make a note of the coconuts for the team - another player (sorry player I can’t remember who it was) mentioned an island with no coconuts too but them suddenly reappearing is very interesting and the fact that you can still climb palms even with the prompt missing.

Has anyone else seen similar with the coconuts?

1 Like

**Main post update - added a question about coconuts on an island…

1 Like

I’m finding it don’t matter where I am or what I’m doing it seems to happen after 5 - 6 hours worth of game play.

I am currently in a game and will let you know if it happens again around that time.

Thanks

Edit for other new questions:

No problem with coconuts.

I saved after every task from day 8 and managed to extent the game to 11 in game days and 6 hrs 30 minutes play time. The problems started around day 9 (5 hours) and it didn’t matter which task was performed and how many saves the game became unplayable

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Completely did a erase and reinstall. Loaded saved game and nope still broke.

1 Like

Can climb without prompt unable to access coconuts but random things I can such as tires or kindling but can’t pick up sticks (some I have to crouch same with rocks) unable to use shelter or water still. Time of day is 10:30 when I load when everything works then noon hits and glitches start.
Items I put down or take out of inventory still work.

Reloaded and timed it
10:43 start
12:07glitch

Reloaded then saved game at noon
12:00 start and glitched from get go random objects im able to interact with but others im not.

2 Likes

I put it on an Xbox completely fresh as a new loaded game. Same issue.

1 Like

Hey, I just started playing this last Friday, so before the patch. The only save I had going was before the patch. So when this started to happen, I started a new save and it happened again. On both saves it happens on day 23 in the morning. On the second save, it happens at 9.38 or 9.39am and there is a noticeable jolt when it happens.

Save Slot 1

• What time of day was it in game when this issue triggered?
    Can’t remember. Possibly morning.

• Were you on and island or sailing?
    An island.

• Did you notice any usual sounds?
    No.

• What was the weather like, any storms or rainfall?
    It was raining.

• Were there any seagulls or bats present?
    No.

• When this occurs, can you intereact with items closer to the water?
    Yes.

• If you stay in the game, does the interactions return and go again?
    I’ve stay for two in game days and no difference.

Save Slot 2

• What time of day was it in game when this issue triggered?
    9.38 or 9.39am on day 23.

• Were you on and island or sailing?
    It happens on both.

• Did you notice any usual sounds?
    No.

• What was the weather like, any storms or rainfall?
    No.

• Were there any seagulls or bats present?
    No.

• When this occurs, can you intereact with items closer to the water?
    Yes.

• If you stay in the game, does the interactions return and go again?
    Don’t know, I haven’t waited long enough.

I’m going to start another save, just to see if it happens again. So I can work out the real world time.

1 Like

My experience on Ps4. Gameplay today started real-time around 3 PM. Played for 45 minutes before I noticed things. I went to a new custom island I made. I was on it for 3 days landing on day 16. I looted island first the first night. Created shelter to save as I have had this issue. At daylight I went ship to ship. Everything went well except none of the wildlife except the small crabs are showing up. I looted cargo ship last. Went well until I was finished. Came up to surface hearing bats with none present and it was daytime. Noticed I could only interact with things on beach if I squatted. Noticed some items hit boxes were below ground. This started to occur on day 18 about mid morning. I did not think to check time. Decided to test. I dropped boxes at increments up bank as I made the island a bit higher. The higher the box up the bank the lower it’s hit box seemed to be until I could no longer interact. So I went back and saved then decided to head to my home island to save and exit. Loaded raft then Noticed I now had to look below raft to interact with sail. Sailed overnight to my base. Rammed on shore because Now I cannot exit my raft. Somewhere along the way I lost ability to interact to remove myself from raft, raise the sail, or drop anchor. So I sat there all game night hoping I could get off after a time. No such luck. I had to exit. I did try saving and exiting game during it as well and when I logged back in I still could not interact. But if I leave the game, I can play the next real-life day for roughly same amount of time before glitches. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern as I’ve tried different things and it still occurs. Not even same time in game and not in real life.

So RL Day 1: after update, time rl=7PM. Played fine new save nothing happened and played until 1030 PM (central time).

RL Day 2, time started 530 PM rl. Decided to check my fresh created custom island. Sailed looted 2 days fine. Looted cargo ship fine and then went checking underwater for other stuff. Noticed that water was clear like above. Thought it may be a light glitch… needed water but noticed I couldn’t grab coconuts. Nor could I chop trees down. Back at bank, Created an anchor for raft. Immediately couldn’t interact with my boxes on raft… Went back to base to save but could not interact with sleeping bag in a hut up the bank. Couldnt drink even though water was at bank… Lost progress.

RL Day 3: Played multi-player with nephew. My end was fine. He couldn’t pick things up a few times even when it said he could. And he got kicked twice… Played 3 hrs. Head back to base island to end game and noticed some crates disappeared from my container shelves on my raft though neither of us took them off. Lost whatever was in them. Saved and exited.

Today: as described above.

Did others have custom islands in game? I noticed before update a custom island would screw up the sound of my game. But when I removed island it fixed it… hmm I will try that on new game next time to see if I get different results.

1 Like

I’ve started multiple games since the update (I didn’t even download the game for the first time until just after the update dropped coincidentally) and in my play throughs it always breaks around 5 hours of real time game play, give or take around 30 mins. It may be the exact same amount of real time gameplay, but not sure since that wasn’t a consideration anyone was looking for initially. As for what in-game day/time it breaks that always varies somewhat, by as much as a day. Perhaps affected by how much or how little I sleep. The amount of real time game play before breaking, after starting a new game (or loading up a pre-update save for the first time since update) seems to be the most consistent factor.

1 Like

Right do you know what let’s not continue discussing the endless amount of bugs, they need to sort this straight away not in 12 months time as the game is literally unplayable, it’s obvious the latest update has taken the game 10 steps backwards. And it’s not acceptable at all considering any other game devs interact and at least give people the descensey to let us know what’s going on. I loved the game and now I cant play like everyone else. Take 12 months for an update and screw us with this, console players…a cash grab end of

2 Likes

This would be the logical solution. I don’t understand the point in a multi-player format on this game anyways. There are limited resources per island, and with 2 people, one has to go to the main island, and the other has to go to a distant island to get a proper start. After basic camps are set up on both islands, then you can merge into one community island. Otherwise stone and fibrous plants will deplete before you can get a water still made. So you both have to go to a neighboring island and struggle to keep going. Multi-player is a waste with this game. And because it screwed up the programming, now single player seems to be a waste too

2 Likes

** Mc21271 mentioned that their palms were all stripped of coconuts but when the issue occurred they all suddenly reappeared, has anyone noticed anything similar or removed all their coconuts before the issue occurred?*
Yes, actually – didn’t think much of it at the time, but only the shortest (single segment) trees had coconuts (1 only) and all of the taller ones that I climbed (6+) had no coco’s at all. I also fell out of a coco tree from the top, 2x, which has never happened before (and broke bones lol).

3 Likes

I could not agree more.

1 Like

I noticed when interaction issues were occurring that the coconuts on the tree seems to be clipping in snd out. They would vanish for a second when I couldn’t use items and then pop back in.

1 Like