[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

but have you harvested the yukka fruit from the yukka tree, because maybe that is the cause

Funny I just harvested a yucca fruit, then played a while and shut down. I didnā€™t plant it. But when I went back to the game it was the way it is.

1 Like

I am also having the same interaction issues. Iā€™ve tried restarting and Uninstaller and reinstalled the game. It seems it all started after the last update. Iā€™m 135 days in I really donā€™t want to start over!

Been doing this since last update it seems. It seems random on what triggers it. Once on a beach (morning) collected palms then killed a couple crabs and after skinning them unable to interact.
Other day worked on boat broke afew parts off and glitch unable to interact.
Before that sailed to an island and once it got in load range (you see detail change) was unable to interact with sails and what not crashed into the island lol.

Each case I reload the game it works for 15 or so mins then seems to glitch out.

1 Like

Hi Claire,

Just to let you know

The same crash issues started around day 9 again and on my 3rd island.

Intermittent shark music even though there are sharks throughout that time.

First crash test was early day 9 had placed a tanning rack, clear conditions and was on my 3rd island. The North East from start island in Euro server.

Second crash test was when I had an on screen warning about cooling down, I got to shade and cut down a tree which was inside the scenery, which fell into the scenery, then crashed.

After restarting from the last save right before the seconded crash, the third crash test i managed to get into the water before the cool down warning, but as I got out after the buzzer sounded for smoked meat (not the bell for cooked meat) it crashed just after the save.

Unfortunately, I think I save just at its crash point and canā€™t reload to a playable games so will start again soon.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Waited 12 in game hours and nothing come back so restarted.

Seems Iā€™m not the only one with the issueā€¦

• What time of day was it in game when this issue triggered?
    Me and my wife had just came back to our starting island from another island in the middle of the night.

• Were you on and island or sailing?
    Starting Island

• Did you notice any usual sounds?
    No

• What was the weather like, any storms or rainfall?
    No storms or rainfall

• Were there any seagulls or bats present?
    None that we saw, but from the sea as we approached we saw bats as we were coming to the island.

• When this occurs, can you intereact with items closer to the water?
    Yes and no. Some things like a stack of chests I had placed practically on the water under our house I could access, things father in like our water catcher we couldnā€™t. However we could not access the raft that was on the water and I could access our tent, but only on the very tip of it from the back, crouched, looking down.

• If you stay in the game, does the interactions return and go again?
    We stayed for 10m or so longer thinking if we left the area by swimming out to sea it would fix itself, I swam to open ocean and back. Didnā€™t work. Wifeā€™s character followed as well.

• If this is occuring for you in a cycle, have you noticed if it lines up with an objects such as your water still refilling or items cooking?
    N/A

Hi Claire,

Has anyone floated the idea to go back to version 1.07? I know several games that had to undo an update because it broke the game, and this interaction issue and disappearing items when dropped has broke the game which is now literally unplayable unless you only play the first couple days or advance a couple days in your saved game. I know that I had none of these problems before updating to version 1.08, and I was playing 10+ hrs per day I would guess. Just a thought, love the game but going to have to be moving on to another if this is not remedied soon. It seems easier to work on in house while we all get to play single player mode for now. Please relay to the team that this is a broken game at this point.

5 Likes

Just uninstalled, reinstalling now. Let u no after YANKEE game

This bug is constantly happening to me. First time it happened I closed the game then restarted it. Then lost the ability to interact with things and it constantly happens to me.

I donā€™t recall any details but my friend and I had this issue on Xbox. I had him leave the game and invited him back to trigger the load sync and it fixed the interactions for us. Not sure if it will work for anyone else but might be a work around.

PS5 user. This just started happening after day 89. Was on an island north of my starting island. Underwater searching a salvage boat and heard bats. Middle of the day nor rain. Goblin shark showed up and I killed, but could take out all of my spears until i dragged him inland and gutted it. Of course a few mins later I stepped on purple starfish and saved game since I had pipĆ­ growing on starter island. Tried rebooting and no luck. Things work from waist down. No difference if closer to water and raft glitches unless Iā€™m
Using rudder.

Going to test it with the wife. Wish me luckšŸ¤žšŸ»

Hi Clare,
I was on day 129 in my game. It didnā€™t matter where I was the only thing I could interact with was the coconuts. It bugged the moment my watch said 16:39. I was on my home island. I did not notice anything overlapping although shortly after it bugged you would hear the water still stop water. Although I donā€™t believe thatā€™s a cause. Otherwise there was nothing that seemed out of the ordinary to be causing the issue. I redid the day over like 10 times and changed things up to see if I could find a cause but it was to no avail. I made sure to look at my watch so I could see the exact time it bugged since I thought that might be of help to you guys although from what Iā€™ve seen through the forums and such it has varied for a lot of people. Iā€™m on PS4. I went to multiple parts of my island and a nearby ship and the same bug kept happening at that exact time. Every time. Iā€™m really hoping you guys can fix this soon. This game has become my relaxation time after chasing around an overactive one year old :joy:. I even took time to go to each island and mapped it out on paper so I wouldnā€™t get lost LOL and I was JUST getting prepared to fight the first boss! I hope this information is helpful! Thank you guys for letting us know that you know!
Edit:
I just remembered some other things I did before the glitch happened. I had put down two new farm plots both scrap. And I had put down another fuel broiler. Also one of my yuccas died :sob:. So I had replaced it. I was mainly doing maintenance work on my island. I do have ALOT of farm plots (probably 20 or so), 10 water stills, 2 fuel broilers, 3 meat smokers, furnace, brick station, plank station, loom, tanning rack, 3 bird snares and 1 fish trap. Then thereā€™s my raft and my base which is 4x4 planks. Iā€™m quite a bit over prepared LOL. At the time of the glitch the only things active were my fuel broilers and my water stills. I had encountered the Meg but didnā€™t actually fight it and I had visited every other island that day to chart it on paper. I didnā€™t hear any birds or bats and twice I got stuck in my base because I couldnā€™t open the door and I couldnā€™t sleep/save. Oh also the first three times I redid the day there wasnā€™t a storm. Then there was a storm on the fourth retry and then not again the fifth or sixth

Edit 2: to answer new questions:
This was an existing save. Not a new one.

I had already removed all palms from my island and only had few coconuts on my island.

After playing a few times i had saved closer and closer to the bug so that I could pinpoint the time it happened. So it didnā€™t matter what I did. It was still at 16:39

Had it happen again, tried it again and it worked. Sadly it is temporary and it happened again a few minutes later. Pretty much unplayable for us even with that.

Hi Clare
I have the same on a preexisting save couple days after the new update. So I decided to start a new game after 6 days I lost interaction again so I stopped. I noticed bats sound under water while looting a shipwreck really strange. What should we do right now?

1 Like

Hi Clare,

Can you give us any updates from the dev team?

Have they narrowed down the issue and just working on how to fix it? Or are they still looking for the cuase?

3 Likes

3rd save this has happened, unplayable until fixed
I have it saved at 8am on day 14,the issue always happens at 11am on day 14 so I have 3 minutes after loading until it happens every time.
I have had it happen on different islands doing different stuff and this last time I just stayed still until it happened right on schedule so whatever triggers it is something I did before or just time based since even when I donā€™t move it happens

1 Like

I was compiling a post about this (nothing here yesterday) and other bugs ā€“ pasting relevant sections below.

In a pre-update game:
I found that I couldnā€™t add to or destroy the topmost floors of structures or pick items up at that height ā€“ was making a lighthouse (10 floorsā€¦) and abandoned the game altogether (approx 90 days).

In a new post update game:
I returned to my starting Island after pillaging another, and when landing, I was unable to put my paddle back in the raft, and had difficulty grabbing the raft to drag it back to shore. I then realized that I couldnā€™t interact with anything on the ground, including the shelter to save or water still to drink, or pick anything up on land. I could however kill fish underwater and collect them, and drop items from inventory. This then happened again on the island that I was looting when I went back, after building a raft, and then a third time 5mn later after looting corrugated sheets that had spawned underwater, and then again after repeating previous route but looting with a tool equipped and restarting the application, and again while building a raft with saves every few actions.

Testing suggested that objects below or roughly 1/2 crate height above sea level can be handled normally, except for rafts which need to be dragged from underneath. For objects above sea level, they can be interacted with ONLY IF you are directly above them, but not always.

When trying to find a workaround to save and build container shelf onto my raft (also impossible) I built a wood base platform next to my shelter but the save/sleep interface was still not accessible, and all attempts to fit a container shelf on my raft from above while standing on the platform also failed.

Crawling under the above described platform teleported me underwater, but below the platform and shelter. Could see all foundations and objects around on land, but was underwater and drowningā€¦ but able to ā€˜walk/swimā€™ to shore and back onto land.

For those in a desperate situation, you can use a crate grabbed at/below water level to ā€˜knockā€™ items in the bugged zone (including your raft, crates, sticks etc) down into the non-bugged zone. Unless you have a sleeping bag though, no saving at your shelter.

The game isā€¦ seriously broken :frowning:

Replies to questions:

• What time of day was it in game when this issue triggered?*
    Different times (all daytime though), islands and save games (one from before update, new started afterwards)
  • Were you on and island or sailing?*
    Seen in both situations
  • Did you notice any usual sounds?*
    Nope
  • What was the weather like, any storms or rainfall?*
    Nope
  • Were there any seagulls or bats present?*
    Nope
  • When this occurs, can you intereact with items closer to the water?*
    At, below, or slightly above water level, or if you are directly above them on land anywhere.
  • If you stay in the game, does the interactions return and go again?*
    There were moments when it seemed to quickly fluctuate between normal and bugged but not in any predictable pattern that I could discern. Have reloaded the save, resaved before being re-bugged, restarted the game, restarted the console and zero effect.
  • If this is occuring for you in a cycle, have you noticed if it lines up with an objects such as your water still refilling or items cooking?*
    ā€¢ At first, I thought it was linked to using my steel hammer or crates, but not so sure anymore. Wheel and crate interactions are all messed up too (canā€™t exit with circle anymoreā€¦) so perhaps crates?
1 Like

Hey Section8MERC, thatā€™s normal. The Yuka seeds accumulate over time, like the crops of Yucca themselves on the ones in planters. Keep watering and not harvesting your planted ones over a period of daysā€¦ have gotten up to 10 x 6 ferrous leaves per plant. As for seeds, same appliesā€¦ if you loot them all, then loot as soon as one is back, you get one. If you donā€™t and wait, you get more depending on how long you waited.

2 Likes

Same issue here. If I quit and reload it happens again at the exact same time. Right at the end of a storm.