[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

Tbf, they have announced that theyre aware of the problems and are trying to resolve them. Nobodys impressed with how this has gone down, but if you think theyre just not interested in fixing this bug then youre kidding yourself, because their reputation as developers would be absolutely annihilated. Just give them a chance to correct their mistake and try not to let it annoy you too much, its not worth it

6 Likes

Is there a way to get a notification if and when this gets resolved? I bought this thing the day before the update which killed it.

2 Likes

PS5
Day 15.
Visited three islands and no issues.
Built whole lot of different stuff on main island.
Travelled to the main ship with good weather
Slept on sleeping bag on main ship
Travelling back is fine until half way when I lose all functionality with the raft.
Cannot use the sail, the rudder requires very specific access point and at some point I get thrown from the raft for no reason

After swimming to island I cannot access many things on the island unless looking directly at the floor below it while crouching

It feels like just before the lag point of loading the main island something glitches. As I have full functionality of the raft before about the lag point of loading the main island and then I cannot access anything.

1 Like

Hi Clare, any update/news yet? Thanks :blush:

1 Like

@Clare I have written down my list of timings (real world and ingame) on paper. I will post them shortly. It was a new game and I have just hit the bug. It was day 11 in game and I was travelling back ā€˜homeā€™. Island I left (and saved at) was fine. When I got back home, the issue was there. I will reload the save and hang around the island Iā€™m on to see if it occurs there if I stay longer.

Edit was for typos

1 Like

@Clare

Obviously this is not an extensive list but may give some direction. Iā€™m also going back to my last save and going to hang around the ā€˜workingā€™ island for longer to see what happens.

Summary:
Taking out pauses and reloading a save I look to have played ā€˜liveā€™ for around 5 hours. Reached Day 11 (on the watch) in game. Saved approx 24 times.
On island 1 & 2 I built a shelter, campfire, and water still. Performed general harvesting duties on each island.
Animals looked to have spawned normally on the 2nd visited islandā€¦a pig, a hog, a snake, and 2 giant crabs.
Coconuts were what I would say is normal. It didnā€™t notice them appearing or disappearing.
Nothing significant noticed about seagulls or bats.
Had built a 2x2 completely wood raft with a sail and rudder.

Apr 10 (Day 0) - 12:10 (real) - 09:00 (ingame) - Got to first island
Apr 10 (Day 0) - 12:27 (real) - Saved at shelter
Apr 10 (Day 0) - 12:27 (real) - Paused game (pause menu)
Apr 10 (Day 0) - 12:35 (real) - Resumed game
Apr 10 (Day 0) - 12:35 (real) - Sleep at shelter
Apr 11 (Day 1) - 13:00 (real) - 07:00 (ingame) - Saved at shelter (also plus 20 minutes to real life time as got poisoned at reloaded to this save).
Apr 11 (Day 1) - 13:08 (real) - Saved at shelter
Apr 11 (Day 1) - 13:14 (real) - Saved at shelter
Apr 12 (Day 2) - 13:15 (real) - 05:40 (ingame) - Sleep at shelter (woke up at 05:40 ingame time)
Apr 12 (Day 2) - 13:17 (real) - Built Water Still
Apr 12 (Day 2) - 13:25 (real) - 11:45 (ingame) - Saved at shelter
Apr 12 (Day 2) - 13:36 (real) - Saved at shelter then sleep immediately
Apr 13 (Day 3) - 13:36 (real) - 05:57 (ingame) - Paused game (pause menu)
Apr 13 (Day 3) - 13:43 (real) - Paused game (pause menu) (either went for a smoke or the missus was talking to me lol)
Apr 13 (Day 3) - 22:16 (real) - 05:57 (ingame) - Resumed game
Apr 14 (Day 4) - 22:27 (real) - 06:23 (ingame) - Saved at shelter then sleep immediately
Apr 14 (Day 4) - 22:46 (real) - Saved at shelter then sleep immediately (not sure why I did sleep again so soon!)
Apr 15 (Day 5) - 22:49 (real) - 06:38 (ingame) - Saved at shelter
Apr 15 (Day 5) - 22:56 (real) - Saved at shelter
Apr 16 (Day 6) - 23:15 (real) - 05:50 (ingame) - Saved at shelter then sleep immediately, then saved again (started doing this by habit, save-sleep-save at this point)
Apr 16 (Day 6) - 23:39 (real) - Saved at shelter

Apr 17 (Day 7) - 23:39 (real) - LEFT FOR SECOND ISLAND, ROCK ISLAND NE OF HOME ISLAND
Apr 17 (Day 7) - 23:53 (real) - Saved at shelter
Apr 17 (Day 7) - 00:02 (real) - 04:15 (ingame) - Saved at shelter
Apr 17 (Day 7) - 00:16 (real) - 12:30 (ingame) - Saved at shelter
Apr 18 (Day 8) - 00:32 (real) - 05:40 (ingame) - Save/sleep/save
Apr 19 (Day 9) - 00:53 (real) - 05:00 (ingame) - Save/sleep/save
Apr 20 (Day 10) - 01:25 (real) - 05:00 (ingame) - Save/sleep/save
NB - Between 00:53 and 01:25 I believe I travelled back to my home island, realised I forgot my rawhide on island 1, went back and got it and then returned home again.

Apr 20 (Day 10) - 01:25 (real) - LEFT FOR THIRD ISLAND, ROCK ISLAND SE OF HOME ISLAND
Apr 21 (Day 11) - 01:49 (real) - 06:30 (ingame) - Save/sleep/save
Apr 21 (Day 11) - 02:08 (real) - Save at shelter

Everything on this island is working at this point. I then travel back home and when I reach home the issue is already there.

Iā€™m going to edit this post a couple of times to add in other things, but I want to post this so as not to lose it!

2 Likes

Saves are also causing issues. Like item losses or being thrown to a completely different island.

Same here played to the 5th day at about 21:00 on a single playthrought with no breaks not to sure how many real world hours and lost all interactions but it only seems to occur if I leave the island I made my home on a raft I made and get halfway to any other island if I stay on my island it doesnā€™t happen and along with chopping trees I canā€™t pick up any sticks off the ground even if Iā€™m standing on them looking at my feet

1 Like

Happens to me and I never leave the island in the first week of game play.

1 Like

Its been said by customer support that any game or playthrough affected may be permanently lost even with a fix. Warn anyone you can not to play or load any long time save they care about.

Ive left a review at xbox store anyone on playstation network id suggest you warn people not to purchase or play currently.

2 Likes

@Clare

Just a little to add.

I reloaded from Island 2 (where everything was fine). I was all packed up (containers were in my inventory) but instead of heading home (like I did last time, less than 5 minute trip, and the bug was on my home island), I stayed on Island 2 for 20 or so minutes with no issues.
I then jumped on my raft AFTER those 20 minutes (so no game reload) and headed to a completely new Island. The bug was NOT present on this new Island.
I then headed home after this Island and as, I guess, it loaded that area, I experienced massive lag, was glitching all over my raft and ended up in the water. My raft sailing blissfully in to the distance. During this lag it seemed I had the cannot interact with the sail unless pointing at its base issue.
I then swam, thinking I was heading back to my home island, but ended up back on Island 2 (where my save was) and everything was still working fine.

Just additional info.

1 Like

So weā€™ve been doing some experiments and the glitch usually happens around 4 (rl) hours of play time for me. A friend and Iā€™ve tried different solo games and she was on day 8 and I was on day 11 but the glitch hit us roughly the same time. Since every attempt to create a new save is a waste of time until this issue is resolved.
I have made a game out of it. :joy: try to beat the game before it glitches!

4 Likes

Hello all,

Weā€™ve been playing the game for a long time now (currently day 212) and of course weā€™ve been exposed to this bug. After I visited a new island yesterday, the problems started after I looted wrecks under water.

We donā€™t have any special settings, I could submit the seed later, but I donā€™t think itā€™s related to that.

I am very glad that they are currently working on a patch, but:
Iā€™m also a software developer and I canā€™t understand the publisherā€™s or the dev teamā€™s actions the last days.

Fixing minor bugs over time (e.g. the annoying sound when the inventory is full, even though you donā€™t collect anything) is completely legitimate and everyone understands that, but in this case the game is no longer playable, you are losing players with every minute and most of them wonā€™t come back.

You should urgently and as quickly as possible turn the game back to the previous version before the damage to stranded deep becomes greater and greater.

Of course, you donā€™t like to do this, and I think the entire multiplayer mode would be lost for the time being, but this way you cause more damage with every minute, because the bug has been there for days now and you donā€™t seem to be making any progress.

If youā€™ve built your application properly, you could simply revert to the previous version and fix your version in peace, whatā€™s the problem there, something like that can happen to any teamā€¦
But leaving an unplayable version out for days without communicating it anywhere are things that users rarely forget and forgive.

Kind regards

8 Likes

Iā€™ve made that same gameā€¦ How far before the glitch :rofl:

1 Like

@DaMaN

I am also a programmer and have been wondering the exact same thing. Many people were excited about co-op, some even bought the game because of the addition. However, the update clearly was not tested well and many people are angry. Everyone seems to be affected, no matter the console type, game type, etc. Long time players are being told their saves possibly canā€™t be fixed.

Clare, the community liaison, is working her tail off but we are hearing nothing but crickets from development. In any place Iā€™ve worked in we would have been in serious trouble if we caused an issue this big and then stayed silent and didnā€™t revert our code.

Personally, I feel that the game is lacking many of the more basic quality of life upgrades that they have had on PC for some time. Simple things like item piles, and how about a fix for the bug that doesnā€™t allow crafting stations to be built in your house? Perhaps the console version should be brought in line with that version, and the co-op update should receive some further testing. Just my two cents though!

Love this game, and Iā€™ll definitely be playing in the futureā€¦but some of this is just baffling when seeing it through developer eyes.

5 Likes

@Clare
Iā€™ve been trying to break my game to help and I accomplished it by me and a friend chopping at the same tree trunk aka both interacting with the same item. After that there was no way to interact with anything except stuff at the lowest levels. Interacting with anothers items that they have dropped was always glitchy and so thatā€™s where I started trying to break the game dropping items for my friend vise versa it was glitchy but worked but when we chopped the same log and it broke we could no longer interact with anything I donā€™t know if itā€™s the root but I tried to break it with another friend and it was as easy as him picking up a rock on the shore it seems like it varies just wanted to pitch in and try to help

2 Likes

My guess is that the game is getting confused as to the location and status of objects. It displays them in one area, but they actually exist elsewhere.

A display problem, which seems to make sense with item like coconuts reappearing all over an island. Iā€™ve seen this in other games before.

2 Likes

I was playing that game too, then I turned it into how far can I make it WITH the glitch lol. Itā€™s very challenging, since you can only interact with a handful of objects on each island that are close enough to sea level, and have to be very careful where you build shelters, water stills, fires, etc, but I started a new game yesterday and have made it to day 21 so far. Going to work on it some more right now.

1 Like

Try generating a new island when i do its completely empty nothing renders. Except seaguls flying in the middle. Before the bug starts it works like normal but after it dosent render anything that you put there anymore.

1 Like

I just donā€™t get it. Every time I play this game the guy crashes the planeā€¦ Youā€™d think heā€™d learn by nowā€¦ :confused:

1 Like