[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

I turned mine back on and saw a snake right off the bat on what was a glitched save. I think even spears and stuff that had fallen through the ground spawned back.

I stayed on default and Iā€™ve been playing it for more than 2 hours now with no issues! :smile:

1 Like

So after playing for a bit, on PS4, and making my way to a few islands, the only issue Ive had is a lack of snakes on islands they would typically be on. At first it was highlighting without showing the info text, but that seems to have resolved after that original moment. It was the first part of the bug I personally noticed and it still seems to be a thing for me. Honestly Im not complaining, I play on mute alot and tend to walk right into damn things.

Thanks for letting me know buzzkill.goblin - please keep an eye out though, as if the snakes fell through they might naturally reset their spawn cycle in a few in-game days so they should reappear eventually I think :thinking: If I recall correctly the in-game respawn for creatures is about 7 daysā€¦

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I am a player from Europe and I also got the update notification for current version 1.09. I will test it as described and will take the ps4 after update first from the net to empty the cache accordingly.
Are there things I should pay attention to? Create an empty save for the time being or continue with my old save. Greetings to the community and letā€™s keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks for getting 5his fixed. V1.10 works beautifully

Oh my husband is going to be ecstatic I just sent him a pic of the update screen while heā€™s at work, thank you so much again for all the hard work Clare and team! Iā€™ll let you know if anything is still acting up ( if the typical reset things donā€™t fix it ). Youā€™re amazing!

1 Like

Got the PS update. Started playing a saved game. Within a few minutes the glitch came back.
Can confirm that 2073 is listed in bottom left of menu screen.
Any suggestions?

Ok looks like main menu settings that people have suggested fixes it

my sleeping bag was acting weird, then my game froze when i went to save and I had to force stop it. i had just made one for the first time in this save and when i placed it down the visuals stayed in the same graphic as when your carrying it all rolled up. It highlighted and responded like a normally placed sleeping bag but had some odd flashing to the white outline. When I looked away from it then back, it seemed to fix itself for a moment before flashing back to the rolled up graphic. It didnā€™t fall thru the floor like normal however so that was very nice to have it on the ground like an actual sleeping bag.

going into the save it, its not loading. it was a solid five-six minutes on just clean up, when it normally loads up in about 10-20 seconds. After seven to ten minutes it became apparent it just wasnt going to load so i force stopped the game again. It wasnt frozen, it was still going thru the tips.

going into another save seems to be fine, it stuttered a bit in loading in a way that wasnt normal but she saw us thru in our trying times.

going back to the other save slot after loading one didnt work. same thing as the first time. poor save slot 3 seems to have left us today.

going back into another save file, the sleeping bag I saved with cant be found, another one i had on the side seems to be working fine but is falling thru my floor again. its also lagging a bit but i did open the save into a rain storm. other wise it seems fine but i didnt play aroud in the file too much other then to check out the sleeping bag and check that everything on the current island was able to be interacted with.

I will be starting a new file and going from there, and im gonna leave save slot 3 there incase of the miracle of resurrection.

gonna be honest clare, this has been an emotional roller coaster of a ride for me. The ups, remember when we all got the update notification. The downs, well we all get what those were. I want you all to know I had killed a shark for the first time ever in playing this game since I got it a few months ago. right before this happened. it was beautiful, a goblin shark and I only died once in the process.

RIP save slot 3, you were at 54 days and you were loved. 10/10/21-10/15/21 a sweet nurturing soul, lost to a bug much before her time.

2 Likes

All still working. 20 days in.

My game froze as I was saving but I heard the save noise and I exited the game because it was frozen but now when I load the world back up it stays on the loading screen saying ā€œcleaning upā€ forever. Anyone know any fixes?

1 Like

Long time reader, first time posterā€¦ Since the update Iā€™ve lost an old save and two new saves to the game freezing while saving and then just stalling on the cleaning up part of a reload. Tried reinstalling and doing all sorts. Any fixes or recommendations would be lovely. Really do enjoy this game and all the work youā€™ve all been doing. Best of luck to you.

Update installed and tested here. Original game save is working fine now after playing for 2-3 more in game days and traveling to several islands. Interactions are all back, not falling off or through raft for no reason, and hogs arenā€™t running into the ocean never to be seen from again.
Thanks to you Clare and all the devs, keep up the great work.

After uodating to 10.5 i started new game and saved and it frooze as others have reported. Now its stuck on ā€œcleaning upā€ loading screen. Any info Claire???

@Mr.Green It might have been you that I saw who had mentioned a lack of buoys that you were finding in a previous message. Theyā€™re somewhat rare, and you could search for quite a while without finding any if you have bad luck, then might find two or three sets (5 to a set) on a single cargo ship. I played continuously with the interaction glitch through the 2071 build, and found at least 9 sets of buoys in each of my main save slots. Unfortunately with the interaction bug, I couldnā€™t always retrieve them if the buoys on the shipwreck were above sea level. That was a bummer since theyā€™re kind of hard to find.

I play on ps5 and the update has corrected the loss of interaction glitch for me completely (Thank you!!). I still noticed the following issues though (I never had these issues before the co-op play update so I am unsure if they are related to the loss of interaction issue or not):

• rafts are still waaaaay more reactive to player movements than they were before the co-op update,
  • the ā€˜tool belt fullā€™ beep that used to occur only when you were full and tried to pick up additional items now (since co-op update) still beeps when only looking at items if you are full,
  • Indicator watch is still too bright at night and the time format is still tiny and very faint compared to what it used to be,
  • UV is back to normal for me and works great,

New issues noticed since loss of interaction update:

• Every couple of saves, the save glitches out and crashes the game and sends a crash report to ps5. I restart the game and it boots back to my previous save rather than the save I was just trying for. I noticed that it seems more likely to glitch out on the save if Iā€™m trying to do anything/ make any movements/ etc. The save glitch has happened at all times of the day (IG). Iā€™ve just started saving the game way more often so I donā€™t lose as much time when the game save glitches ;).

Thanks again @Clare for all you and the devs hard work and coming out so quickly with a fix!

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™m filtering through messages and issues today for as long as I can. If you are experiencing issues outside of the interaction bug after the update pleaseā€¦

Create a New Bug Report

I cannot track separate issues from multiple players in massive comments threads like these. Some I will move myself but please for future issues, please post in a new thread and I will respond as soon as I am able to.

2 Likes

Hey Everybody,

I start my 5 Days Savegame after update to 1.09. I have cleared the Cache before I try. Now on day 10 with many saves Above the original savegame. The game doesnā€™t freeze and I donā€™t have any errors in terms of interactions so farā€¦
Unfortunately, it still happens that, for example, fish or crabs occasionally fall through the ground.
I left all the original settings untouched and didnā€™t change any settings.
The Version, I can see on the Screen is 2073. On PS4
I can travel to other Islands without any problems.

Many thanks to the developers and everyone who worked to fix this bug asapā€¦ Keep up the good work youā€™re doing a great job!

@Clare Everything is working fine how it should be but when I gone to save my game after a good 2 hours playing the game frozed and crashed before that I did notice the game was being a little jumpy and sharp. So I had to hold the ps button to exit the game but then I tried to load up the save it would not load just says cleaning up.