[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

UPDATE 10/15

Sony approval received! The update for PlayStation will now be published. It may take some time to release through all the regions so please do not worry if you do not see it right away, it is coming.

14 Likes

YESSS! Iā€™m so excited!! I canā€™t wait to jump back in!

I JUST GOT THE UPDATE!!! Thank you so much to the team and especially Clare, for listening to all of us, fixing the issue as fast as was possible on your end, and keeping us updated in the process!

1 Like

Than you so mutch!!! Instant downloaded :grin:

1 Like

Yahoo! got to download it 5min after Clares update message. <3

1 Like

First test for me, everything seems ok

I can eat, I can drink, I can sleep and saveā€¦ You save my thank you!!

1 Like

Again, thanks so much for being so on top of things Beam Team is awesome and I canā€™t wait to play through with my friend!

Buonasera, Italia Ps4 aggiornamento arrivato alle 21.15 circa. Sembra funzionare tutto. Grazie :v::smiley:

Good evening, Italy Ps4 update arrived at about 9.15 pm. Everything seems to work. Thanks :v::smiley:

1 Like

Hi again everybody. So reminder Iā€™m on Ps4/Europe, installed the update. I was on a surrounding island next to my Starter/Main Island. Glitch always appeared when I was sailing to my Island or diffrent ones.
So I jumped back on my save (which is pre-interaction bug starting), I am sailing to my island, small lag always when Iā€™m crossing ā€˜island-cartographer-squaresā€™ (this is when bug starts) the bug didnā€™t start, docking on my island looking goodā€¦
And then after a short while BUG STARTS :frowning: Soooā€¦ Either there still screwed up OR maybe I have to start a New Game ?!? I am 50 days in, I donā€™t want to start a new game. I am very very sad to say the least. I see lots of crabs, no snakes but I might not hit the right Island yet (explored 3 + Meg)
I wanna hear the feedback from the community both US and EU. Please let me know guys & Clare.
Play around, travel and post it your games are okay. My 50 day save apperently is not :sob:

Hi Mr Green,

Can you please confirm for me the number in the bottom left of the main menu is showing as number 2073?

Please also try clearing the cache of your console by shutting down and unplugging your PS4 for 2-3 minutes before rebooting.

Lastly, if you have found the wildlife workaround has worked for you in the past, please try switching wildlife off to reset the spawn cycle.

In the mean time Iā€™ll alert the team. The team said the saves should be fixed retroactively so weā€™ll need to investigate why this is occuring in your older save. Please keep me updated with whatā€™s happening and if any of the suggestions above work.

I was having issues initially after the update where the bug was still affecting my game. I reverted my options of Wildlife to Default and Volumetric clouds to on and itā€™s now working as normal.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that Kmullan21 - hopefully this works for @Mr.Green too.

1 Like

Hi Clare, is this for the interaction issue? I saw a tweet go up from the team and 5 minutes later my Stranded Deep was updating. However after looking at the update history, it mentioned it had fixed issues with objects disappearing. It mentioned other things but it didnā€™t say anything about the interactions? so am i still waiting on another patch to come through or is that the latest one? Thanks.

Hi @leighdegree - this is indeed for the interaction issue, it is caused by items falling through the ground.

Beautiful, thank you, thanks for the great work ive seen you do in my short time here with your interaction with the community, you wouldnt get that at EA :wink:

1 Like

After the update it fixed the interaction issue on my island but then it came back about a minute later

Do I need to start a new game ?

You shouldnā€™t need toā€¦ can you try switching the wildlife on and off to reset the spawn cycle of some creatures and let me know if it still comes back?

I confirm after I switched (in Main Menu) options Wildlife from Passive to Default and Volumetric Clouds from On to Off I came back to the game and currently on my Starter/Main Island and spend over 30 minutes of playing and everything seems to be working. I am beggining to think Small Crabs are trying to take over my Island :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways question to @Kmullan21 - did you switched your Wildlife again after your saw it working or you stayed on Default?
Lady @Clare Thank You for all your efforts and support to this community, Bless You.
P.S Havenā€™t seem a snake or a buoy yet but Iā€™ll keep exploring and keep in touch.

1 Like

I had wildlife off when I turned it back on everythingā€™s working again. I did have to change this from main Menu