[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

je me suis inscrit juste pour te dire merci de toute les info que tu nous donne et de ton calme malgré les nombreux commentaire que tu doit gérer big up a toi =)

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate
I signed up just to say thank you for all the info you give us and for your calm despite the many comments that you have to manage big up to you =)

@Clare when the update rolls out, will any of the islands that’s been saved after being effected by the interaction bug still be playable from the last save or is there a chance we’ll have to start a new save?

I didnt even think about this/that! Thanks for bringing it up!

I Pray we do not because I’ve already lost time and valuable crafting items so let’s try not to lose what’s hanging by a thread… pun intended

Just wanted to post a sincere thank you so much for the constant updates. I don’t know what people think go into these sort of things, but it is ridiculously convoluted and time consuming. Plus, you fix one thing and something else could break, so taking the time to triple check is a blessing I am glad you do. I’ve dealt with companies who just shrug when you give them detailed info on a bug, then take 6 weeks to even verify they received your report let alone fix it. So keep up the incredible work team, ignore the abuse your fanbase is throwing at you, and know you are doing it the right way!

3 Likes

They are selling a broken product.But thats fine we shouldnt care about that apparently.is that even legal?

Bonjour,
J’ai eu le problème après un orage . Aucune solution ne fonctionne pour ma pars.

Hello again everyone,
Just an FYI you don’t have to let the interaction bug slow you down. I’ve started from scratch, after the release of v1.09 (which was after the co-op update with the bug). The bug started about day 19, but I’m now on day 37. Granted the bug won’t let me interact with things from above chest high up(standing at sea level), it hasn’t slowed me down at all. Plus I even found a “missing snake” and killed it. What is most annoying is the uv rays. They are out of control, making me spend most of the day light hours in the water, which isn’t a total loss as that’s where the clay, downed ships and planes are plus the fish for food of course. Anyway, still loving the game and so glad to hear the latest on the update and, fingers crossed, hopefully it will be released by end of week. Keep on surviving all. Nothing wrong with a little challenge to make it more interesting.

And yes, I’m online, private, solo. :v:

2 Likes

Hi LeggoMyWheaties - welcome to the forums,

Also tagging @MadameRyuu and @SURVIVSLISTMAYHEM as you responded to LeggoMyWheaties query too.

For every fix, the team will always aim to avoid new saves being required wherever possible. I reached out to Sam with your query for this fix specifically and he has said that the fix they’re testing now should be retro-active and fix any save already affected by the interaction issue.

4 Likes

This is good to hear thank you, I have read what someone has said before about a testing server I think it’s a good idea to have so we can test any new updates before you release them into the main game, the test server would be good for the streamers as well as alot of viewers like to watch game testing and this would also help the growth of the game.

1 Like

Potential workaround fix that seems to work for me:
You have to start a new save though.

1. Change save slot to another one from the one you enter the game with.

2. Start a new game, with animals removed.

Somehow that seems to work for me. (PS4)

Hope it helps for you guys :pray:

@Mazzy92 Wait until day 18-19… Just don’t want you to get your hopes up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, hopefully they’ve fixed it by the time I get there :joy:

1 Like

I hope so as whatever version I use id hate to revert to a new game

I’ve been playing another similar concept game to get me through, but am eagerly awaiting a fix. At first I thought I broke the universe because I built my house around my smoker (so it is technically inside, that’s against the rules no? lol)

I tried 3rd person. Isn’t for me.

How much longer boys ?

Guys chill and wait it’s not in there hands now they have passed on the update to QA and then it will be moved to PSN and Microsoft to then add the update to the game if they feel like it will work.

(Equi) could you please share with me the name of you other concept game

No… They absolutely sold us a great product. They tried to upgrade it to multiplayer for the fans and it didn’t go as planned. Tell ya what. Send me your copy account and swear to never attempt to play it again… and Ill give you your measly 15 bucks back. Obviously from reading post from real fans needing their fix,(myself included) the game is a great little program. You can then go buy yourself a bigmac meal and have a snickers bar, a coke and a smile. Do you accept paypal payments? I’m well into my 50s. Been playing video games since the creation of pong and this is absolutely one of the best games I ever played. I put it right up there with Age of empires 2 for being a classic.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree with Mr Dan here, even if he is a smidge older than me.

@Clare You have the patience of a saint.

3 Likes