[Known Issue] Interaction prompts not displaying

Issue Summary:
The most common reports of this issue come from players who are having trouble climbing onto rafts when swimming or climbing down ladders, though it may occur in other areas

Workarounds:
In a lot of cases missing prompts can be rectified by looking away from the object in question entirely and then looking back. There may also be a “sweet spot” where the prompt is more likely to show.

Further Reporting
We understand for players trying to find the prompt while swimming is difficult and in some cases, they may not be able to see the prompt at all. If there is a specific object or location you persistently experience this with, please let us know in the comments below.

As a reminder - please do not post full bug reports in the comments.

At times it’s almost humorous when this happens, because you know it’s going to happen almost 98% of the time. At most, I’ve tried to get on my raft right behind the anchor because usually it will give 2 options of either interacting with anchor or getting on raft. Most of the time, you can almost go all the way around the raft and still never get a prompt to get on it.

Tip for the raft, hold the X button down as you swim around the edge. It will eventually find a spot to let you up. This will make you jump when you first press it, so if you know you can’t jump up on the raft make sure to start pressing x back from the raft because you’ll sink a bit after the jump and this can make you go under the raft instead of looking at the edge. Sometimes it will let you climb up through the floor when you go under but it’s a risky game.

I also noticed looking at or just above the lip of the raft seemed to help as well. I circled where I’m talking about in the below image. I hope this helps some people.

20201011_124036

1 Like

I’ll try that, thank you

Thank you for sharing those tips @Desmonddark85 and the prompt showing up more frequently at the anchor for you @Mtragincajun79 is also good tip that some other players may find useful!

I know this can be a frustrating issue given the time it can take to show the prompts or if you’re trying to get away from sharks and I appreciate you both sharing what has worked for you in the past.

Salut,
Ayant le même problème, nous avons trouver une solution dans notre partie en multi. Nous avons construit des accès plus simple grâce à des bases de radeau sans plancher. N’ayant pas l’épaisseur du plancher le saut devient possible.

Je m’explique : ne pouvant monter sur le bateau nous avons disposer des ‘‘floteurs’’ aux 4 coins du radeau ce qui nous permet de toujours pouvoir monter. Le personnage saute assez haut pour monter sur les flotteurs sans avoir l’animation habituelle ou il se tire par les bras.
Petit avertissement, quand vous vous déplacer sur le radeau, n’omettez pas de sauter pour passer du flotteur au plancher car a cause de la différence de niveau vous êtes bloqué.

Voilà pour mon astuce qui fonctionne bien et nous permet de ne pas rester 15h dans l’eau a tourné autour du bateau pour monter dedans.

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate
as requested in Rules and Guidelines - Stranded Deep

Hi,
Having the same problem, we found a solution in our multiplayer game. We have built easier access thanks to floorless raft bases. Not having the thickness of the floor, the jump becomes possible.

Let me explain: not being able to get on the boat, we have had “floats” at the 4 corners of the raft which allows us to always be able to get on. The character jumps high enough to get on the floats without having the usual animation where he pulls himself by the arms.
Small warning, when you move on the raft, do not forget to jump to pass from the float to the floor because because of the difference in level you are blocked.

So much for my trick that works well and allows us not to stay 15 hours in the water, circled around the boat to get in.

Hi Ophaze12,

Thank you for adding this tip for those who have difficulty climbing onto rafts.

I added a translation to your post, please see the explaination as to why I did this in my response to your other post.

Thanks again.