The team wanted to give a small update on progress that’s been made over the past few weeks on the console side. Below are some highlights of some, but not all, of what’s going on behind the scenes. Please do not worry if the issue you reported is not listed below, the team are working their way through all reports submitted by the community and not every detail is listed below.
New team members have joined the Stranded Deep console team to assist with dev and QA testing.
The team believe they’ve found the fix for spoiled food stuck in crates and wiping the crate contents on reload. The next steps here will be to have the fix verified and then tested.
There are some other fixes queued up to be added to a new build for testing soon. These include…
- The fix for the issue with the spyglass (Please see the Known Issues Report for a new potential workaround shared by Suthsa1 on the forums)
- The fix for display name prefixes for food such as ‘Smoked’, ‘Cooked’ and ‘Spoiled’ overlapping on one item.
- The fix for skinnable animals not fading out correctly after they’ve been skinned.
- Updates to Bandage text to make reviving another player in multiplayer clearer.
- The fix for crafting/inventory notifications displaying when loading the game.
Some of the issues the team are working on at the moment include…
- Achievements not unlocking once conditions are met,
- Crafting items not unlocking in the crafting menu (such as toolbelt and story items)
- Disconnect issues that are occurring in multiplayer.
There has been some understandable confusion regarding some achievements unlocking so I’ve created A Note On Console Achievements / Trophies for reference. Should you experience any issues outside of this guide, please let me know via a bug report and I’ll alert the team asap.
The team are also continuing their investigation into the causes of crashes for players and they hope that by fixing other issues reported by players, this will reduce the trickle down effect that could result in a crash in game or when saving. This in turn should also help to reveal other issues that could potentially cause crashes over time for players.
The main focus for the team right now is the bug fixes - both issues found by the community or anything that has cropped up for QA during testing. After that, more time and consideration will be given to Quality of Life (QoL) changes.
Thank you all, as always, for your understanding and support as the team works on the next update for Stranded Deep on console. I’ll be back with another update from the team in a short while as things progress.