[Console Cross-post] Update from the team, 2021-08-26

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in with an update, as it’s been a minute! There’s been a lot going on, but all good things :slight_smile:

Some of you may have noticed we recently ran a beta on some platforms for our upcoming co-op feature. This is in the final development stages and will be released soon. We’re super excited to be able to deliver this as we know it’s a much-requested feature.

There’s also been a lot of work on bug fixes and optimization for all platforms, which will be making their way into the live builds soon – A new PC update will be out shortly and the next PS4/XB1 update is also in the pipeline.

As always, thanks for your continued support.

Stay safe!

Stay Alive!
:: Beam Team

2 Likes

Soon™
Shortly™
“In the Pipeline™”

Gotcha, but whats the timeline on getting a list of changes coming in said patches?

4 Likes

Sweet keep up the great work, love this game and can’t wait to see the new features.

R u going to make a better graphics and shadow quality for consoles because they really want it, and a 60 fps patch (at least in Next gen consoles only)?
And r u going to change the water texter to be like the pc version because it looks ALOT better?

This is great to finally hear from you guys. Looking forward to the update. Hopefully, you guys have been working on that next-gen fix. Given that you will be able to just stream a lot of next-gen games from base Xbox One, should put you guys in a better situation to focus on that next-gen level of visuals, and performance.

Waiting… waiting … waiting!

Sorry to ask this question again. Is the splitscreen co-op planned on console? I was disappointed that it wasn’t there, while this option is available on PC.

How long is this pipe does it stretch across the Atlantic by any chance, I think we console owners stand as much chance as being struck by lightning THREE TIMES on the same day as to getting ANY improvement in this sorry game. I bet the PC boys are rolling around the floor in excitement about now, and may I remind the Beam Team US console players paid good money for this game and received ZERO updates. You should be ashamed or yourselves in receiving money by deception.

1 Like

Hi tecytim,

While we welcome both positive a negative feedback about Stranded Deep on the forums and while I understand there may be some frustration, please adhere to the Forum Rules when posting. Spreading of misinformation, doom and gloom posts and accusations about staff and their intentions are against the forum rules.

Details of the updates the console version has recieved so far is in the main Console News and Announcements section. Statements on the difference between PC and Console and the porting of features are in the Console FAQ

Playstation Plus members recieved the game free, so… to be fair, only Half of US console players paid for the game.

We talking soon in regular gaming terms, or soon as in Stranded Deep gaming terms? It could mean the difference of months.

1 Like

Hey, I’m happy for you but Xbox owners had to pay for there’s, the Xbox version is so full of bugs that have still not been fixed that it could be termed as a virus that eventually screws up the game and causes severe shutdown.And Fairness has nothing to do with it.

Then you should have all 6 updates, Unless you’re offline in that case you need to get online and download the updates, other than that you should not be going around telling lies, they are working very hard and tirelessly to make sure we got the best game. Be the way the game is playable as it is, it’s still in development or did you not read that part when you paid for. So you should learn how to read and not speak for XBOX players, and stop ■■■■■■■ off THE BEAM TEAM and us true Stranded Deep fans.

1 Like

Oh dear try not to spit your dummy out too far next time you through a wobbly:)

Keep your discussions civil when posting and stay on topic.This is not the place for insults and arguements.

I’d rather not have to lock this thread.

Sorry Clare I mean no disrespect to you or this forum.

1 Like

It’s a probability May it be so. And the truth is that I prefer it so to play it online since I suppose it would be a lot of process with the servers and that to put it in update

1 Like

The argument that PS players got the game for free is a mute one - I am a PS player and I bought it long before. Besides - we pay a weekly/monthly/yearly subscription for these “free games”.

As for the argument about no updates. That’s crazy talk. Whilst it has been a long time since the last update - I can remember playing the game when it was first released. The game has changed significantly.

I’m a big fan of the game. Slightly gutted by the vague “pipeline” estimate - however I’m just as excited knowing it’s coming.

3 Likes

my question with the coop coming is this… will my friend be able to join my current world where i have built all my things? or will we have to start all over from scratch? i have alot of time invested in my current game being im on my third playthrough after platinum on the second i started my third to build my 5 star hotel out of bricks. would hate for it to all be for nothing.

Umm i think coop mode will come like pc, split screen

1 Like