[Known Issue] Deconstruction of raft bases

As long as the raft base pieces are only attached on one side u can break them down.

Check this out transporters of goods for large scale projects. Red container pieces are a pain!!! dont waste your time like I did lol​:rofl::rofl: makes game crash

It’s nearing the end of 2021 and im experiencing these troubles stated in previous posts I had to give up on a raft and ended up losing 8 tires and 20 buoy’s really discouraging this is one of my favorite games however it would be my all time favorite if a couple small things were fixed like stated (above) for example and also if there was a Xbox series X enhanced version I just got this game a few days ago and was expecting it to be enhanced for my series X but ive gotten past that because of how generally good the game is. Would be amazing if it happened though considering the series X has been out for a year now.

I am having the same issue. I just spent a day planning out getting some barrels, attached them to my barge, and just realized I can’t take them off. Can’t make any of the workarounds work. Really enjoy this game but could use some help. Please! Are you guys working to make an update for console (PS4) or just for pc?

Thanks so much!

Once a raft base is joined on two or more sides unfortunately they can’t be broken down.

A dev announced the other day a update for console is in the works (no time frame said) so hopefully in that update we can break down rafts completely

1 Like

Hi StrandedTy, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue in your save also. Have you joined them by more than one side as Thunder mentioned or this occurring with just one side attached for you? If it’s happening with just one side attached, what material are they attached to?

Thunder also mentioned that Sam made an announcement regard updates (you can read the full post here: Update from the team, 2021-08-26 [Cross-post] ) unfortunately the contents of the update have not been released yet so I cannot confirm if a fix for this issue will be included yet. Keep an eye on the News and Announcements section, once the update contents are confirmed they should be announced there.

Thanks Thunder and Clare!

Both sides are attached, unfortunately…

Thanks for the update on the update! I actually saw that I for after I had posted my question.

I hope the update comes out soon, with that fix! (Also, maybe a further travel for the gyrocopter and not breaking your leg on ladders? :crossed_fingers:t3:)

Love the game and appreciate the support!

1 Like

Hey, so there’s nothing about deconstructing rafts in new update? Or any update regarding this issue whether it’ll be resolved or not?
If not, why not make oil drums and tyres a inventory item?

Hi raasta_farii,

The patch notes have not been released yet but if you experience this is the latest update, please let me know and I’ll pass that info onto the team.

Unless it’s a new version of the bug, just make your rafts connected by single segments eg:

----X----X-----
----X-X-X-----
-------X--------
-X-S-C-S-X–
-X-M-R-A-X-
-X----------X-

X=raft segment
M=Motor
R=Rudder
A=Anchor
S=Sail (left Fwd, right Bkwd)
C=Canopy
-=nothing

The only deconstruct that will block even is this case, is the segment of raft adjacent (to lett if schematic) to the motor, but if you use sails, no issue.

Hey Clare,
I checked the new update although I liked the new multiplayer scene but sadly nothing about deconstructing raft.

Thanks for letting me know raasta_farii. It’s possible a fix for this was not included in the update I will compare against the notes when I get them to see if a new report needs to be submitted.

Please. For the love of God, fix the raft deconstruction issue.

I hadn’t really gone all in on a game in almost a decade. Life, work, kids…you know it goes.

I downloaded Stranded Deep on a whim and fell in love. For the first time in years I was reminded of my love for console gaming and adventure.

I got 201 days in and finally gathered enough supplies and in the right place to build the raft I envisioned. That’s when I found that I’m unable to deconstruct my other raft to pull the supplies I needed.

Now I’m stuck and feel like I’ve wasted my time. I literally haven’t played the game since this happened almost a year ago. I refuse to play again until this is fixed.

I’ve left comments and sent emails, and now I created an account here to try and have my voice heard.

Please. Fix the raft deconstruction on console.

1 Like

I am in the same boat… or raft as you. It’s been a long time since any game really pulled me in or made me want to invest any real time into. This game is an exception. Something about the graphics, gameplay and overall vibe really makes me want to ‘dive’ right in and stay. The countless bugs and little to no fixes really drives people away. Your raft could just up and disappear, your save file could just stop working all together and your 200+ days, items collected, island build, all of it are gone. Your one of a kind Wollie could clip through the ground and disappear forever. Honestly the inability to deconstruct the raft are one of the least of my worries.

Fingers crossed for some bug fixes that don’t bring new bugs, and fingers crossed you get to play and enjoy the game again.

3 Likes

I am also having this issue. I hope they get this one worked out soon… really all there is left for me to do in the game is deconstruct stuff to build new stuff. The building functions are super clunky and now I cant deconstruct my raft but there are no more barrels or tyres anywhere. I certainly dont want to escape, because I already have, and that was the LET DOWN OF THE CENTURY!! haha… so yeah… maybe in the next update?

ALSO… I noticed during the demo of my raft that when you destroy CONTAINER SHELVES you don’t get any planks back.

Hi all, thank you for continuing to report these your experience and feedback of this issue, I know this is a frustrating one for players. I’ll pass it onto the team.

@JayByrd1979 with regards to the container shelves this is how they were ported over from PC and it was the same for Light Hooks. I see the light hooks have now been given item refunds in the latest update so I would suspect the container shelves will follow suit at some stage.

thank you Clare!! great job as usual!!

1 Like

Any update on this raft base issue?

Hi JayByrd1979, no update on this yet that I’ve seen. I’ll update the top post should I hear anything but I know that, for the moment at least, the team is focusing on the “cleaning up” loading issue.

1 Like

The game sometimes has a vague flicker. If the producers look at this, maybe they can fix the disappearances, recently the raft came ashore. I anchored it from the 4th side, but it went as if it was not tied, I made a small raft and followed it into the other island :slight_smile: and sometimes the sharks are walking on the man’s beach and attacking. At the beginning of the new day, sometimes after a tremor, these things happen, if you tell the producers, maybe it will help.

1 Like