Bugged trophy Call me Ahab

That’s great info to have, thank you for sharing ArmchairTuna66. I’ll add this comments to my report for the team and I appreciate you sharing your experience in detail. The more information we have on steps players took the easier it can be to test or replicate issues for the team so please don’t worry about long posts!

Hello everybody !
Like a lot of people lately I am also encountering the bug, how can I find my island of origin?
Does it work even if the trophies have already been crafted?
Is the development team working on a fix?
Thanks in advance for answers!

My origin island always seems to be in the exact center of my cartographer, though this may not always be the case as I have not tried a wide variety of seed numbers. Maybe the easiest way to be sure would be to enter the cartographer on that save file (from the main menu) then look at the seed number at the bottom and write it down. Switch to another save slot (if you have any open ones that you are not using) and enter the cartographer and select random world and enter the appropriate seed number, and start a new game. Build a shelter on your origin island in that game (with the same seed number as your original main save) then save and exit back to the main menu to check your cartographer to see where you are. Then use that information when you switch back to your main save slot as it should always be the same. Another helpful clue, in my experience only the small crabs will spawn on the origin island. There shouldn’t be any giant crabs or other land animals besides the small crabs, and also as far as I know every origin island is one of the smaller types with no cliffs on it.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Vilink welcome to the forums,

As @ArmchairTuna66 mentioned, the starting island is in the centre of the map. This is always the case for saves. If you’re playing multiplayer it may be tricky to navigate back there, depending on how far you traveled. But if you are playing a single player save, if you open the cartographer the island highlighted with the red square is the one you’re on, once the island in the centre is highlighted in red you’ll know you’re back on your first island. (Multiplayer does not affect the cartographer in the same way, this will always highlight the middle island even if you’re not there)

No workarounds have been successful so far if the trophies are already crafted, unfortunately. The team are aware of this issue and will be working to resolve it however I do not know how long that will take / when a fix will be released.

I have a Known Issues post on this here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] "Call Me Ahab" Trophy not unlocking for players and if anything changes I’ll update that post.

Thank you for the answer !
Do you know if this works even though I have already made one of the two trophies? (if I come back to my first island)

I cannot say for certain, but as the trophy usually triggers when the 3rd trophy is made, this may work for you if you travel back to your first island and craft the remaining two trophies there. I would recommend saving before hand in case you want reload the save try any other workarounds.

Please let me know if this works for you though! This would be good information to have for other players and for the team members investigating.

No problems ! I try this today ! thx !

So I tested what was written but without success.
I can nevertheless bring the following elements:

I was on my home island, only one trophy (the big fish) was in my inventory, I then made the squid trophy then the shark (via the shortcut menu then the classic menu)
I have noticed several times that the trophies were not considered as “made” (they remained on a gray background instead of a brown background)

I will continue to do tests
I remain attentive to your proposals!

PS : Another information from a Playstation forum :
"
I had the same glitch yesterday. Crafted the first and the trophy popped normal, but after crafting the third one, Call Me Ahab didn’t. Fortunatelly I saved the game before crafting the monster trophies so I loaded the save and tried again, this time the trophy unlocked with no issues.

Some notes about the problem:

• It looks like it isnt tied to a specific sea monster.(M0biUs_0_o - PSNProfiles) reported having the issue with the Eel, but it was the first one I crafted and Hunter of the High Seas popped immediately.

• When the glitch happened to me, I crafted the sea monster trophies from the quick craft wheel. The second time, I tried using the normal crafting menu going to the specific session and crafting the trophies one by one from there and it worked."

Im on the same situation, I have build “Eel” on first

I’m sorry to hear the trophy did not unlock for you Vilink. The fact that they also did not appear as crafted in the crafting menu is also interesting. It’s possible the crafting is not registering correctly for some reason. I’ll alter the team to this and the potential difference between crafting via the quick menu and the main menu - there may be something here too.

If you try crafting both via the classic menu and the trophy still does not unlock, please let me know. Rereading your post it seems that this may be what you mean you tried, but I want to make sure.

Thank you for taking the time to share this update on what you tried and sharing other reports you’ve found outside our official forums.

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I have performed the following actions (I still have the trophy)

craft both via the quick menu
make both via the classic menu
make one via the classic menu then sleep and make the second via the classic menu
same thing in quick menu
post the trophies on the ground then craft them again
(I was still on the starting island)
feel free to ask me if you need any information (I paused the game for this reason)

Thank you for responding so quickly Vilink, I will add this information to my report for the team. If they have any further questions or suggestions, I’ll reach out here via this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you again!

Also wanted to add, though I play on Xbox Series X multiplayer so it may not be relevant, I crafted all 3 of mine through the quick craft menu at separate times. Along with all the other details I stated in posts above, and was successful in getting achievement on the first try. Just noticed this additional info and wanted to add my details as well.

Hey guys, Jardim again
I tried all the ideas given here on the forum.
@Clare Unfortunately I haven’t got the trophy yet.
So I really ask the team to look for a solution.
There’s no way around this bug, I’ve tried EVERYTHING (create on my main island, create on all islands in my save, die with trophies in inventory, finish the game with trophies in inventory and so on…
Nothing worked :cry:
I’m waiting for an update to fix this trophy.
I don’t see another way to get it right now.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help!
Merry Christmas to everyone :santa:

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread over the holidays.

@ArmchairTuna66 - Thank you for letting me know which crafting mention you used. I shall note this for the team :+1:

@jardim - I’m sorry to hear the suggestions from myself and others on the forums have not helped to unlock this trophy for you. I am continuing to share information with them about what has and has not worked for players and I will add a note that the none of the suggestions have worked for you and share your feedback too. Unfortunately I do not yet have an update on when a fix may be released, but if the team send any updates my way I will let the community know. Thank you for your patience and understanding, I know this is a frustrating and disappointing issue.
A belated Merry Christmas to you too :slight_smile:

Hello,

Somebody have any news about this trophy ?

Hi @Vilink - from the devs side, the fix for this is still a work in progress, I do not have any updates from the team on how far along they are. If I recieve any updates they’ll be posted here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] "Call Me Ahab" Trophy not unlocking for players

Hi,

I’m having the same issue, on xbox and finally got the last monster (squid) and it hasn’t unlocked, I’ve tried the workarounds and just kept them in my backpack and still doesn’t unlock.

Hi sykoste, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your save also. Thank you for reporting it and letting me know what console you’re on. Please also let me know if you crafted the trophies on your starting island or in different locations and at different times.

Thank you again.

Hi Clare, different islands and at different times, as they where beaten. I’ve loaded the save on a One X & Series X and hasn’t unlocked.

Thanks

Thank you for letting me know sykoste, I’ll note this as what occured in your save for the team as well as what you tried to prompt it to unlock.

At the moment he only workaround that has worked for multiple players involves creating the trophies all on the starting island. However I understand this is not ideal for players and not possible for those who’ve already crafted trophies elsewhere.

ArmchairTuna66, who also plays on Xbox, mentioned above that they crafted theirs through the quickcraft menu and were able to unlock them, however I haven’t heard if this has been successful for other players.

If you still have a save from before crafting your most recent trophy, it worth trying to craft it through the quickcraft menu instead of the regular one to see if that makes a difference for you - please let me know if it does.

If the team have any updates or any other workarounds are found they will be posted in [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] "Call Me Ahab" Trophy not unlocking for players