[2104] Flashlight stuck in inventory

I have this same problem but instead of spear it’s a flashlight that’s just been stuck in my inventory and unable to use. Anytime I pick up a different flashlight I have to drop it because if I select a different item said flashlight will disappear.

Hi Mnikailfy,

I have moved your post to a new topic as it involves a different item and the report you commented on was from an earlier version - this is to help prevent confusion with reports and versions of the game.

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue within your save.

Please let me know:

• What console are you playing on?

• Can you confirm you’ve updated to version 2104 (this number is in the bottom left of the main menu)

• Are you playing Single Player or Multiplayer?

• If you are playing multiplayer, are you the host or Player 2?

• Did this flashlight in your inventory become stuck after the update to version 2104? Or was it stuck before this?

• When you pick up a second flashlight, are you able to use that flashlight?

• Are the flashlights stacking in your inventory rather than being displayed side by side?

• Where did you originally pick up this flashlight, and since your report have you had any other issues with other items?

• Please note that the inventory layout has changed slightly, details of the new layout can be found here: [Console] Update 2104 Notes - Though from your description this does not appear to be the issue, I wanted to share the extra info, just in case.

Any additional information you can provide about your experience and if you recall when this issue occurred would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team investigate further.

Thank you.

1 Like

I play on PS4 and my game is fully updated. I was playing multiplayer as the host and I had the flashlight from a crate out of a shipwreck. I would pick up a new flashlight and only be able to have it in my hand slot. It wouldn’t stack with the other one, and if I didn’t drop it it would disappear in my inventory while the other one was still there but unable to use. I fixed this issue by reloading my world and now it isn’t stuck in my inventory anymore

Hi Mnikailfy,

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. Thank you for confirming what was occuring in your save and I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue by reloading your world. I will keep an eye on this issue for the team and if the flashlight becomes stuck in your inventory again, please let me know, but I hope that this issue does not reoccur for you.

Thank you again for sharing those details.

1 Like