[XB1][Multiplayer] Player 2 cannot see hut Host built

Greetings, I have just been playing Stranded Deep for about 20 hours and 14 of which were playing in an online world as the host. I have been making progress while my co-op partner is busy and not in the game. I am playing from an Xbox Series X and so is he. Today, he joins and he is unable to see the hut that I made when we were last playing together, as well as the smoker and water still. It seems to be a complete desync for him. I have tried changing regions, leaving the custom island t(hat we’ve been using as our main island) as well as quitting the game and starting it up again. I don’t know where to make this post. I have seen similar topics but none quite like this. If I have posted this comment in the wrong place, my apologies.

Hi @Strive, welcome to the forums.

I moved your comment to a new bug report as while it was similar to the issue you posted in, it is a different issue - though likely also caused by the same desyncing problem you mentioned in your post. Moving your post to its own topic also helps me address it directly.

I’m sorry to hear this issue has occurred in your save for you.

Please let me know:

• You mentioned the hut was built the last time you were playing together. Were the Smoker and Waterstill also built during that session?

• Was your friend able to see any items that were built and moved during your session where you played alone?

• Please try clearing the cache of your console by shutting down and unplugging your console for 2 minutes before rebooting. Please then load the save and see if your friend can see any of the items after joining again.

• When your friend last left the game, was this due to them being disconnected?

• When you last saved the game in that session, were they still in the save, or was it done after they left?

• If you interact with any of the items they cannot see as the host such as damaging and repairing part of the hut, adding to the hut or interacting with the smoker or water still, does this have any effect on what your friend can see? Some players who have reported similar in the past noted that Player2 could see the meat on the smoker, but not the smoker itself. Would this be similar to your experiences?

My apologies for the delay in responding to you regarding this issue. If you’ve tried playing again since reporting, has anything changed about what your friend can and cannot see?

Thank you for reporting this issue and any extra information you can give me about your experience would be greatly appreciated and will help me to get the information to the correct team members for investigating.

Hello Clare, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to address my concerns to answer your questions, I will quote what you’ve asked and then give a response to them!

Blockquote * You mentioned the hut was built the last time you were playing together. Were the Smoker and Waterstill also built during that session? *

The smoker and waterstills were built during the same session as the hut! We then had a session the day after and things were still acting as they should. It was the last time where he couldn’t see the hut at all and was walking through it without knowing it!

Blockquote * Was your friend able to see any items that were built and moved during your session where you played alone? *

He was able to see the individual items but once they were crafted into something they no longer were visible for him! (i.e I also built a loom and plank station while playing on my own and he couldn’t see them at all) but he could see the giant groupers I caught by myself. He could also see where I moved all of our resources to. I had taken our resources and made neat piles of them but space them out more in hopes that by spacing them out the game would run smoother for him!

Blockquote * When your friend last left the game, was this due to them being disconnected? *

While we have been disconnected after playing for more than 3 hours straight, the last time he left it was due to him just leaving.

Blockquote * If you interact with any of the items they cannot see as the host such as damaging and repairing part of the hut, adding to the hut or interacting with the smoker or water still, does this have any effect on what your friend can see? Some players who have reported similar in the past noted that Player2 could see the meat on the smoker, but not the smoker itself. Would this be similar to your experiences? *

My friend could see the meat floating on the smoker!

My plan was to move to a new island which was a default generated one in hopes that maybe there’s just too much on the custom island I built. In hopes that, that could potentially solve a majority of our problems. Since he could still have access to meat through the smoker. My only concern now would be water!

So, I had him craft his own water still! Thinking that’s not a big deal. I’ll just have you make one so you can see it and hopefully use it. I gave him the materials to craft the water still and he crafted one. When he crafted it, the materials were mostly still there for me to pick them up so I was actually able to use them make a second water still.

The weird part was I couldn’t see his water still at all which was weird considering I was the host. I was walking and phasing through his water still just as he was with the hut, smoker and water stills I had made on the custom island! The unfortunate part is despite him crafting the water still, he still wasn’t able to use it. He wouldn’t be able to collect the water needed for it.

So I then came up with a new plan, I’d make a bunch of coconut flasks for him and just fill them with water and if he needed a refill, I could just have him drop them for me and then I’d refill them myself. Unfortunately, even if I fill all the flasks up. He still doesn’t have the option to drink them as they still appear as being empty for him.

The only way they are full is when they are first made as they naturally are filled with water but after that, I couldn’t figure out a way for him to have a water source. He’s since gotten fairly frustrated and wants to take a bit of a break from the game because of this. I can try and talk him into getting on in a few days or so!

I haven’t been able to get him on since the last time since he’s gotten a bit frustrated with things not being functional for him. I hope I have given you more information that you will be able to pass on to the devs in hopes they can fix it and release a patch!

Hi clare ive been having some of these issues aswell. Not so much the disconnecting problems but most of the other issues like me not being able to see my hosts builds or seeing inside his crates. I believe i posted pictures a while back were the items would stick out the side of the crates when i open them. For the first few days everything is absolutely spot on. I mean all it takes is a game close reload and its fine so its not life or death lol but thought you should its not just a one person problem. Im also on the xbox series X not custom island no settings changed at all. Anything else just ask cheers clare

From your experience, is this just a server issue which is why it happens randomly? Had to delete because I forgot to hit reply!

Errr not really sure mate personally it seems to be the first 10 in game days go absolutely fine then after that it slowly starts creating problems. And like i said it doesn’t overally bother me its not game breaking to me personally lol

I am on Day 16 so that’s the issue? It’s a day specific issue? It bothers me as I am an achievement hunter trying to get the 100% on all achievements for it. I have been enjoying my time on the game. I think it’s a gem of a game but it can be annoying on the achievement front!

I mean im not a dev so i cant say for sure man lol but it only happens after a little while im pretty sure clare is aware of the issue i have reported this before and i know others have too. And yea i need 3 more achievements and thats it lol

What are you missing achievement wise?

Dont sleep on land for 10 days in a row
Craft one of each item
They call me ahab

How don’t you have Call me Ahab when you’ve beaten the game already? Doesn’t that pop after you beat all the bosses? I’m missing 14 myself. 6 are crafting based, 2 are for beating the game, 2 for killing the the bosses, 2 are searching based, 1 farm based (Had one of each farm crop planted on the same island) and Two of Each (Collected two of each land animal on your raft, and sailed into a storm.)

Sorry i have got dont call me ahab its the sailing with 2 land animals i dont have my bad

Ah that makes a lot more sense! You’re fine, man! How often do you play Stranded Deep?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Strive, thank you so much for answering my questions. I’m going to sit and go through it now to ensure I don’t miss any information for the team.

If I have any addtional questions based on the info above, I’ll reply again once I’ve gone through everything.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions - I really appreciate you doing so!