Starting Island

Hi @Baron and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here! Sorry for the delay in getting your post approved, looks like automod grabbed it because you’re a fast typer :slight_smile:

The greatest part about permadeath on these types of games for me is how very rewarding eventual success can be. Eventual being the key word, lol. I have had several mishaps along the way. Lost a 53 day game to Lusca the Great, after I had already defeated The Meg, before co-op was introduced. The worst type of file loss can be caused by the slightest error. Once I was dipping in the water intermittently to avoid sunstroke, when I received a message about work and looked down at my phone for what seemed like only a few moments, only to look back up at a black screen. I managed to make a video clip so I could look back at what had happened, watched myself struggle for breath, and at the end saw “You survived 38 days. Died from drowning.” Thankfully, I have since learned to use Aloe Salve daily. Now I am on day 250, with only The Meg left to defeat before escaping.

Update: Meg defeated (in co-op with a reluctant friend of mine, lol) and escape successful. Almost…:slight_smile:

I must add too, that despite a few bug mishaps (interaction issue and toolbelt/inventory issue, when they were around) my save has never frozen and the entire game has run very smoothly for me overall on the Xbox Series X. 10/10 from this guy, for what that’s worth. Will continue to play for longevity and other record seeking opportunities. Also will be opening my game to public finally, lol.

1 Like

250 on permadeath!? Wow! :star_struck: Congrats on defeating the Meg. Thank you also for your feedback, I’ll be sure to pass it on :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Inventory and Tool Belt Reset (2074)

Hi guys
my name is Nobby

I’ve been playing this game for a while now.
i love the game it is very relaxing after a hard day at work but it also gives me a lot of fun.

i like collecting and hunting and of course building and exploring.
I actually like everything in the game😊

i have been using this forum for a while now when i need a solution for an issue or for news about the game.

I am struggling with crashes so I decided to create an account and report what happened. I hope that the problems will be fixed soon and that the game will get even better and eventually as big as the pc version some day🥰

i wish everyone a lot of fun with the game and a good survival

3 Likes

@Nobby Sounds like we’re in the same boat! I really think this game has a TON of potential, fingers crossed the developers have the resources to grow this game into a masterpiece.

2 Likes

Hi @Nobby and @LilB13 - welcome to the forums!

I’m glad to hear you’re both enjoying the game and while I know the crashes are frustrating I really appreciate you both taking the time to share the details of your experiences on the forums!

2 Likes

G’day Survivors, newly marooned and still finding my feet but glad to see there’s a healthy snake population on the islands.

So far loving being stranded although some of the wildlife need to take a chill pill. Would be nice if they didn’t outright attach everytime, would make it a wee bit more realistic. Would love to swim with the sharks with the risk they may attack rather than will attack.

Avoiding tips & guides and enjoying this approach. Hopefully I’ll not die to a rogue coconut as I’m in no rush to escape.

Hi Tartansnake, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying Stranded Deep and appreciate your feedback on wildlife behaviour in the game.

I wish you all the best in your adventure as you discover more and progress in the game!

HI all. I’m chris from south africa. Have had this game a few years now. I put it on my ps5 and man it runs smoothly. Second playthrough and i forgot that i created some custom island with loot.

Hi 1ChrisDewet, you’re very welcome and I’m glad to hear you’re having a smooth experience with Stranded Deep on your PS5