Starting Island

Welcome to the community Agile!

I really like your take on the game mode to see who can escape first using the same seed! That’s a great challenge and possibly something others in the community would like to try / hear about if you’d like to create your own post about it :slight_smile:

Hey hey everyone! The name is Cola and I’ve always been a fan of Stranded Deep. Always down to play multiplayer so if you see my session on PS4 feel free to drop by my island, sit back and have a coconut or two :laughing: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello everyone Gonna stick with my handle here and call me Bam. I’ve followed the game for years and played myself since console release. Got introduced to the game via GameEdged and got hooked. The game has changed a lot since early access and I hope it continues to grow. I try to make sure to jot down any issues I run into when playing and I sometimes forget because the game is just so immersive. Let’s see back to me, I’m a dad. The kids love watching the game and get into it as well. We all have a blast. We enjoy finding new islands and avidly seek out wallie because the ocean can get a little lonely. The kids hate it when things like trees and yucca are in rocks and you gotta do the odd crouch rock walk to get em. They are extremely thankful for no more island shark attacks, me too lol. Overall that’s us in a nutshell. We love the game and keep coming back for another adventure.

2 Likes

Hi CoLa_CaRrEra and Bam!

Welcome to the forums! It’s great to hear you enjoy Stranded Deep so much :smiley: and Bam that sounds like a very fun time for you and your kids!

Hey everyone! Call me Wist, we play on ps4 (hubby and I!) and are super excited to see online for console (bugs and all! It’s a process!). We started playing when PlayStation offered it for ps+ members and both have solo games over 150+ days. Looking forward to private island getaway this winter when I just need some brightness :high_brightness:
Thanks to everyone who posts, i may be new but I’ve using this forum for a while to help problem solve and learn as we’ve played through!

1 Like

Hi Wistariagold, welcome to the forums!

I’m glad to hear you and your husband enjoy the game so much and it’s also wonderful to hear that you’ve found the forums have been helpful! :slight_smile:

I see you’ve already submitted some information of your own and I’ll be responding to those soon!

Hello, fellow survivors! The name is ArmchairTuna66. I’ve been watching the forums here for a while, gathering a ton of useful information and tips, so I finally decided to join the conversation. Played the game single player for several months, but with the addition of multiplayer my interest has multiplied exponentially! Loving every minute of it! And there have been MANY minutes, I’m completely hooked. Huge shoutout to all of you involved in the creation of this masterpiece. Working my way up the leaderboards for hard difficulty, day by day, always on permadeath mode. Wouldn’t have it any other way, surviving (actually thriving after much practice) through the many challenges the Pacific has to offer is more rewarding than ever. If ever we happen to be on the same crashing plane, I will be sure to have packed extra bandages just in case. May you all have a most glorious adventure and I hope to see you all out there!

1 Like

Hello all! I’m Baron. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @ArmchairTuna66 - welcome to the forums! It’s great to hear you’re enjoying Stranded Deep so much! I still haven’t braved permadeath yet… I’m always impressed to hear players prefer or play only in that mode :open_mouth: Well done on climbing those leaderboards - keep going!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Baron and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here! Sorry for the delay in getting your post approved, looks like automod grabbed it because you’re a fast typer :slight_smile:

The greatest part about permadeath on these types of games for me is how very rewarding eventual success can be. Eventual being the key word, lol. I have had several mishaps along the way. Lost a 53 day game to Lusca the Great, after I had already defeated The Meg, before co-op was introduced. The worst type of file loss can be caused by the slightest error. Once I was dipping in the water intermittently to avoid sunstroke, when I received a message about work and looked down at my phone for what seemed like only a few moments, only to look back up at a black screen. I managed to make a video clip so I could look back at what had happened, watched myself struggle for breath, and at the end saw “You survived 38 days. Died from drowning.” Thankfully, I have since learned to use Aloe Salve daily. Now I am on day 250, with only The Meg left to defeat before escaping.

Update: Meg defeated (in co-op with a reluctant friend of mine, lol) and escape successful. Almost…:slight_smile:

I must add too, that despite a few bug mishaps (interaction issue and toolbelt/inventory issue, when they were around) my save has never frozen and the entire game has run very smoothly for me overall on the Xbox Series X. 10/10 from this guy, for what that’s worth. Will continue to play for longevity and other record seeking opportunities. Also will be opening my game to public finally, lol.

1 Like

250 on permadeath!? Wow! :star_struck: Congrats on defeating the Meg. Thank you also for your feedback, I’ll be sure to pass it on :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Inventory and Tool Belt Reset (2074)

Hi guys
my name is Nobby

I’ve been playing this game for a while now.
i love the game it is very relaxing after a hard day at work but it also gives me a lot of fun.

i like collecting and hunting and of course building and exploring.
I actually like everything in the game😊

i have been using this forum for a while now when i need a solution for an issue or for news about the game.

I am struggling with crashes so I decided to create an account and report what happened. I hope that the problems will be fixed soon and that the game will get even better and eventually as big as the pc version some day🥰

i wish everyone a lot of fun with the game and a good survival

3 Likes

@Nobby Sounds like we’re in the same boat! I really think this game has a TON of potential, fingers crossed the developers have the resources to grow this game into a masterpiece.

2 Likes

Hi @Nobby and @LilB13 - welcome to the forums!

I’m glad to hear you’re both enjoying the game and while I know the crashes are frustrating I really appreciate you both taking the time to share the details of your experiences on the forums!

2 Likes

G’day Survivors, newly marooned and still finding my feet but glad to see there’s a healthy snake population on the islands.

So far loving being stranded although some of the wildlife need to take a chill pill. Would be nice if they didn’t outright attach everytime, would make it a wee bit more realistic. Would love to swim with the sharks with the risk they may attack rather than will attack.

Avoiding tips & guides and enjoying this approach. Hopefully I’ll not die to a rogue coconut as I’m in no rush to escape.

Hi Tartansnake, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying Stranded Deep and appreciate your feedback on wildlife behaviour in the game.

I wish you all the best in your adventure as you discover more and progress in the game!

HI all. I’m chris from south africa. Have had this game a few years now. I put it on my ps5 and man it runs smoothly. Second playthrough and i forgot that i created some custom island with loot.

Hi 1ChrisDewet, you’re very welcome and I’m glad to hear you’re having a smooth experience with Stranded Deep on your PS5