I play with my fiance and the P2 gets an error consistently every 10 to 15 minutes and kicked from the game as well as experiencing issues with the crates. Another thing that was noticed is a shark music continues non-stop through the day and night.
PS5 player 2 gets errors repeatedly and gets kicked from the game as well as experiencing issues with crates
Hi Hystatic, welcome to the forums,
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when playing Stranded Deep.
Please let me know:
- Are you in the same household on the same connection when playing? If one of you is on a wired connection, and the other is wireless, please try switching to both using a wireless connection to see if that helps. We have had a number of reports from players experiencing issues where 2 PlayStation consoles are on the same connection in the same household and sometimes this helps.
- For the issues with crates.
- Are you referring to player 2 not being able to see items inside crates when loading into a save unless player 1 removes and replaces the items?
- If so, the team is investigating this issue but it could be the result of desync between the host and player 2.
- Have you experienced any other desyncs in gameplay?
- What ISP and router are you using?
- With regards to the shark music repeating.
- Is this occurring for both of you or just player 2?
- Does this trigger after coming in contact with a shark and does not stop or does it happen no matter where you are?
- If you travel to another island, does the issue continue?
- If the issue only occurs on one island, is this island a custom or game-generated island?
I understand that issues affecting gameplay can be frustrating, and any further details you can share would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team investigate further.
We are both in the same household and hardwired into our consoles. I have not tried to run them both Wireless but I will try and see if that helps with the issue. As far as the desync player two ends up getting an error and disconnected every 10 to 15 minutes or traveling to other Islands on the raft. Also player two does have issues with crates being empty however player one can take things out for player 2. The shark music seems to be pretty much any Island and it is not custom islands and there is an average of three to four sharks around the islands and both player one and two both hear it. Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for that info. Please do let me know if you notice any difference once you switch to wireless. I also forgot to ask what region you are using to play Multiplayer, just for our own records. While you didn’t mention your ISP or router type, the team are looking at issues surrounding that and know that some different types may not work great with the system multiplayer is run on. If you are using a Spectrum router, could you let me know? Please feel free to DM me if you’d prefer to keep that info private.
Regarding the shark music, close proximity to a shark will trigger it, but it should fade out over time if you are on your island. Do you spend a lot of time on the shores of islands where this could be triggered or does it stay for long periods of time while inland too?
There was an issue in the past where sharks could get under islands and trigger the shark music even if the player was in the middle of the island. Have you found it triggering when you’re both away from the water?
Please also let me know if it stops eventually or if you need to reload the save to stop me. If it does stop eventually if you’re both away from the water, how long does it take to stop? If you’re able to time it, I can check with the time if this is within the expected time frame.
I will check this evening and try the wireless and see if it works better. We are using Spectrum and the router that they provided and are in the south central United States. As far as the shark music goes there’s times we will be on the island resourcing and the music just continues as well as through the night but every now and then it does go away but will return almost immediately after if you come close to the water.
Thank you for that additional info Hystatic. I’ll pass this onto the team.
For the shark music this does indeed seem like more than what would be expected, and I will let the team know so they can look into it further.
A post was split to a new topic:  2nd player disconnects