[PS5] Cannot host Multiplayer

Heya same issue ps5 Nat 2 can’t host timesout on “any” region, public or private in New Zealand, here’s the kicker daughter on ps4 pro in same house can host. Mate with ps5 Australia can host too.

Hi Coyal, welcome to the forums,

I moved your post to its own thread so I can address it one on one with you and prevent confusion if the original poster of the topic you posted in also starts replying.

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue with Stranded Deep on your PS5. Thank you for providing the information you have thus far and for letting me know your location.

Please let me know:

• Are you playing the current game version number 2083?

• Is there a difference between the PS4 and PS5 connections? for example one is wired, one is on wifi etc.

• Is your daughter’s PS4 also showing NAT type 2 in their Console Network Settings?

• Do you have a profile on your daughter’s PS4 and vice versa with your PS5? Can you host from her PS4 and can she Host from your PS5? (this is likely not the issue but I wanted to check on the off chance it narrows it down to accounts)

• How long has this issue been occurring for you? Have you ever been able to host a multiplayer game?

• Have you tried using NAT type 1? (it is understandable if you do not wish to try this).

• Are you timing out with two players trying to join at once, trying to host by yourself or both?

• Have you compared your console network settings and setup with that of your friend in Australia? Are you trying to connect using the same type of setup?

Any extra details you can provide about your setup would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team to investigate further and try to replicate the issue on their end.

Thank you.

Hi so after looking at your list have found connecting via WiFi (speed test) got 160mbs down 56mbs up, connecting via lan 846mbs down 160mbs up. WiFi can host not time out , Lan still times out.
Even under daughter on ps5.

I have had no issues with any other game using the better speeds with Lan cable.

Hi Coyal, thank you for letting me know the difference in connections. I’m not sure what could be causing an issue with connection via LAN but I will alert the dev team and submit a report with your details so they can investigate this further.

Edit: sorry, I thought of one extra question when writing out the report. Is you daughters PS4 using Wifi or Lan? If she tested both, did both connect without issue?

Hi Clare … Further to add… Used Lan cable under daughters account on ps4 pro and times out hosting as well. Mate I play with on PS5 in Australia is wifi btw.

Again only game I have this issue with.

Thank you for confirming that for me, Coyal. It is good for the team to know if it affects both consoles and I will update my report to reflect that.

Hi Coyal, the dev team are continuing their investigation into various connection issues affecting players and they requested I ask in relation to your report if there was a difference in NAT type between your wired and wireless connection or if it was Type 2 for both?

Thank you.