[PS5][2121] Multiplayer connection issue

Hi Clare,

me and my Buddy have connection issues and cannot connect for coop. We have both ps5 and the latest Version installed. Our Region is EU.

Greets from Germany

Hi @poco83, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues when connecting via PS5. Thank you for reporting this and sharing your region.

I moved your post to its own topic so I could ask you some additional questions and ensure any additional information you share is kept together for ease of reference for the team.

Please let me know:

• Are you both in the same household on the same connection, or in separate households?
  • Does the issue persist regardless of who hosts the game?
  • What NAT type do each of you have? This can be found in the Network Settings on your console. If the NAT type is different, please indicate who is the host and who is player 2
  • What internet service provider and router type/brand are you using?
  • Have you ever been able to connect for a co-op game and experience disconnects, are you unable to connect at all?
  • Please double check you both have valid PS Plus subscriptions - I recall a user reporting that the error message when their PS Plus ran out did not indicate that was the cause of the connection issue.
  • If you’re experiencing disconnects after some gameplay time, please describe what is occurring for both players when this disconnect occurs

Any additional information you can provide regarding your set up would be greatly appreciated and may help me to offer further suggestions on what to try to help you connect.

Thank you.

Hi clare,

Thank you for answering. We’ve changed the Region from “automatic” or “EU” to another Region like “USA - West” and it works. Now we have the issue, that my Buddy cant open Chests and i can’t open one chest on our raft. On first try, it will open for a second, then closes the windows and i can’t open it again till i restart the game :slightly_frowning_face: greetings, Poco

Hi poco83,

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. Thank you for following up with me regarding your connection issue.

Firstly, I’m glad to hear that selecting a region has helped you with some of your connection issues.

It sounds like you’re experiencing a desync between both players still. From my question list above, please let me know…

• Are you both in the same household on the same connection, or in separate households?

• Does the issue persist regardless of who hosts the game?

• What NAT type do each of you have? This can be found in the Network Settings on your console. If the NAT type is different, please indicate who is the host and who is player 2

• What ISP and Router are you using?

• Have you noticed desyncs anywhere else in the gameplay such as with building or items?

• When your buddy attempts to open chests, can they open them, but not see the contents, or can they not open them at all?

If you move the crate on your raft to another location, for example, remove it from a set of shelves if that’s where it currently is, does the issue still occur?

Thank you.

A post was split to a new topic: [PS][2121] Multiplayer desync and disconnections