[PS5] [1.12] [Save] Game froze on saving

So I was playing last night and the game from on saving. I closed game and went to reload and it just stayed on the loading screen forever.

I go to play this morning and the game seems to have deleted itself.

I’m on PS5.

Hmmm. I’ve had this issue on my current save (PS4) and reset the save slot to start a new game. I have avoided saving on cliff islands and the bug has yet to appear.
Did this happen on a cliff island or a small one?

Unsure, but I am on a cliff island now and I’m not having any issues so far.

Hi Lothaer,

A hotfix was released yesterday that tackles one of the triggers that causes player’s to be caught in the “Cleaning Up” phase. Unfortunately saves caught by this error cannot be restored but the hotfix should prevent the issue from occuring if items are lost at sea or through the ground. The team are investigating other potential triggers and information can be found here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load

It appears that files stuck in this phase being inaccessible is a result of the hotfix (you may find the files still exist on your console though). I am currently gathering information on this for the team as they want to ensure it doesn’t happen in other situations. If your would be happy to share a copy of your save so the team can investigate further that would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear this happened to your save, so far the most common triggers were items being dumped in the sea, saving while a notification is on screen or traveling to a new island and saving. One player reported that when the freeze happens when saving, if you change the wildlife setting to passive in the options menu it may unfreeze the game but loose items will be thrown into the air.

If any of the triggers match what you recall about your gameplay session before saving, please let me know.

11 posts were split to a new topic: Game Freezing and Lost Save