Ps4/Ps5 V 1.07 Can't Interact with anything

Hey Guys, so excited about the addition of multiplayer. The Mrs and I were hoping this would happen.
So the biggest issue we’ve experienced is this; PSA- I’m going to give you as much detail as possible… First off i should mention my Mrs is on ps4 and i am on ps5 and we are both experiencing the same issues at the exact same time.

we both had a single player save prior to the update but after the update that added multiplayer we used a new save slot to create our co-op world in which i am the host. we played all last night and had no issues however tonight we were sailing back to our originally designated loot/base island as we had decided to sail out to an island south as it was flatter and perfect to set up a fully fledged base. while on the original island we were preparing some crates, food, water and gathering materials to carry with us to the new island all of a sudden we were unable to interact with any of the items. the only thing i was able to do was that if i crouched by the bottom left corner of the shelter i could save/sleep.

(SIDE NOTE- Prior to not being able to interact with anything my Mrs had been kicked a couple times and had some issues re-joining But after a short couple minutes that did resolve and once it did resolve i saved the game and had us both restart application just to be sure and all was fine)

So now we come to the point where we couldn’t interact with anything besides the shelter in a very tiny corner. We could not pick up crates or look into them, we could not use L2 to drag anything around we couldn’t drink from the water still and this stayed the same even after multiple app restarts, a console restart, saving and sleeping.

if you guys have any further questions i am more than willing to answer. i know how crazy it is to drop a multiplayer and am hoping i can assist in some way to get the game up&Running smoothly. Cheers.

4 Likes

I have the same problem
Please fix it, the game is unplayable now ;(

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Seems to be timed base, as the glitch seems to occur at a set time in the day cycle( around midday, 13:00). I can’t interact with anything placed on the ground from boxes to water stills to yount palm plants. I’ve restarted the app multiple times. I’ve aslo uninstalled and reinstalled, still happens. I also got booted out of my container i was using at that time.

1 Like

Mine is doing exactly the same thing on ps5 but mine happens 1 min after my load game like its timed. But its happening in the early hours of the morning for me please fix was really geting into the game and now i can no longer play it

1 Like

My dear friends, why another thread? I suggest checking the forum, theres already a big thread about this issue. Please give it a read, we have some questions there, your report might be very helpful.

2 Likes

SAME HERE!!! FOR GOD’S SAKE!!! I AM ABOUT TO GET THE LAST TROPHY FOR THE PLATINUM, ALREADY BEAT ALL THE BOSSES - BUT NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN I CANT INTERACT WITH NOTHING - I AM 132 DAYS IN!!! AND THIS WAS BY FAR MY FAVORITE GAME!!! - UNTIL NOW! IT SEEMS TO HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER RECENT UPDATE!
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! I WILL NOT SLEEP, I WILL NOT EAT UNTIL I CAN PLAY STRANDED DEEP AND CHASING AFTER WILD BOARS WITH MY PICKAXE!!! Oh dear Jesus Christ!

2 Likes

Hi FrodoOfBagEnd - Welcome to the forums (I also love your username!)

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience and for your support while we work on this issue. This issue is occuring in single player and multiplayer so it is likely not related to your partner being kicked.

I have a known issues post for this started here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

While there are no workarounds, some players have mentioned the issue occuring in a cycle, so the interactions may come back and then go again. Though I am glad you were able to save at your shelter even when this issue was happening - if you’ve played more since your post, have you noticed a cycle of the issue occurring?

The interactions also seem to be related to the water level, you may also find that some items at or below the water - level will still have their prompts accessible.

Some further questions…

• When the issue triggered did you notice any unusual sounds? (some players have mentioned bats without seeing them)

• Do you have any farming plots? If so, are any of them built recently in your safe?

• Do you recall what time of day you started to notice the issue at?

If there’s anything else you can think of, such as items crafted or if you harvested anything when preparing to leave the island please let me know.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Clare, Thank you i have to represent the Shire somehow.
i jumped on again last night at about 9:45 pm and the issue was still the exact same as described in my original post. i was still able to save but i still could not interact open or chop down anything.

it’s interesting you mention the sea level as there actually is as i have investigated further 1 piece of corrugated scrap, an empty coconut and 3 palm bunches that i can interact with that are on an incline that dips down closer to sea level. After some experimenting i found that i am able to pick up spears that i throw in to the ground. However, for instance if i throw 2 spears i can only pick up the one most recently thrown.

To Answer your Questions…

1- no i didn’t notice any sounds, the only sound that was a constant was the hobo stove i had set up cooking meat ie: the grilling sound and then the DING ( regarding the bats, i have always been able to see them whenever the sound cue plays)

2- no we had no farming plots, we spent a bit of time just messing around and we weren’t that far into game play we had only crafted a few tools- spears (both crude and fishing) stone tools, refined knives, a couple shelters, campfires, refined axes, 2 water stills and a hobo stove. the rest was all found in game aboard boats etc…

3-the issue started at night time during a storm approximately 11:30pm-12:00am and at this point has still not reset.

in regards to harvesting- before the issue occurred there were a few things happening i was cooking meat and sorting out our containers for the journey to the other island whilst my partner was running around the island collecting fibrous leaves from Yucca and Young palm tress and chopping trees down to collect/stack palm bunches.

if there’s anything further i can answer, i am more than willing. If a video could help i could record one straight off the PS. Anything at all.

Thanks so much Clare. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for all those extra details FrogoOfBagEnd!.

Do you recall if your partner harvested Yucca fruit when they were harvesting plants or if they picked up anything else besides items from Yucca or palms?

As everyone has a different playstyle and order in which they do things, knowing what you and your partner did leading up the issue occuring is very helpful in us trying to narrow down what could be triggering it - Thank you again :slight_smile:

No problem at all. :laughing:

She definitely did pick up some Yucca Fruit

Here is a run down of the entire night the no interaction started

We started on an island that we sailed to the first night multiplayer was live. we harvested palm bunches killed 2 giant crabs cooked the meat ate it, drank 2 coconuts each then hopped in the raft and sailed back to the island that the incident occurred on.

i then dragged our raft to the other side of the “Incident Island” as we were moving all our stuff and setting a base up on an island to the south. Then i hopped in the water and started stabbing sardines to cook (i cooked 20 pieces of small meat at most) and we were both using the water still drinking&refilling. whist i was doing this she was running around “Incident Island” harvesting palm bunches, fibrous leaves and she just told me she did grab some Yucca fruit so we could grow them on the new Island.

Once all the meat was cooked and she had emptied “Incident Island” of materials we were going to leave but as we prepared a storm came, so we decided we would fill up the water still sleep eat & Drink then save and head for the new island. She approached the water still and i went to the shelter and we both noticed simultaneously we could not interact with each of these things and BOOM the no interaction issue had claimed us as its next victim.

Thank you Clare.

UPDATE: we played last night for 3 hours and 40 minutes we had definitely made more progress than our first run, we had a loom, tanning rack and multiple farming plots this time. this instance however when the no interactions occurred it was only from a distance like it was somehow affecting the render distance. For instance if i wanted to open a crate i would either have to walk up directly next to it and crouch or walk over top of the crate and stand on it to receive the prompt to open it or pick it up. However, if i took a step back the prompt would disappear.

1 Like

Hi FrodoOfBagEnd - sorry for the deay in responding to you. Thank you for these further details and the extra update too.

The team believe they’ve found the cause of the issue and are working to resolve it. I just have some followup questions based on your account of things and your second gameplay session:

• Was the “Incident Island” or any other islands you traveled to a large one with cliffs?
  • Did you see any Snakes on your travels?
  • Did you at any stage loose any creatures through the sand after hunting them?

A post was split to a new topic: Interactions (Moved post)