[PS4] FPS drop and Gyro glitches

Hi Clare im on ps4 and been having laggy playtime not sure what’s going on and sometimes the game glitches travelling in gyrocopter from island to main island. Also crashes when doing the basics like building raft or when storms come around

Hi Sub, welcome to the forums,

I’ve moved your post to a new bug report as it was different to the topic you were posting in.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues within Stranded Deep.

Please let me know:

• What version are you playing? (this number is in the bottom left of the main menu)

• Was your save created in this version or is it an older save that has been updated?

• Is this a Single Player or Multiplayer save file?

• Is the lag / drop in FPS a recent occurrence in your save?

• Does the lag / drop in FPS occur on one island in particular such as your main island or are you experiencing it in multiple locations?

• Do you have a lot of loose items or a significant amount built on your main island?

• Can you elaborate on the glitches you experience when traveling via Gyrocopter? What do these look like for you and do they occur at any point in particular?

• When the game crashes, is there a spike in lag before this happens? And are you kicked the PS4 error screen with the code CE-34878-0 or to the main menu?

Any extra information you can provide about your experiences would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team to investigate further and there may be some workarounds I can suggest depending on what could be causing the issues.

Thank you.

1 Like

Dear Clare, unfortunately, I have to confirm what @Sub wrote, version 1.10 (2074) on ps4 is pretty unstable, worst when travelling between islands (supposedly due to loading of the approaching islands details, this lagging has become so much worse, since 2073 already) and I just experienced my 1st bluescreen while trying save… here’s my answers to your questions (as far as it concerns myself)

Please let me know:

• What version are you playing? (this number is in the bottom left of the main menu)
    → See above

• Was your save created in this version or is it an older save that has been updated?
    → save was originally created with 1.07/8 but updated several times with all of the following versions

• Is this a Single Player or Multiplayer save file? → SP

• Is the lag / drop in FPS a recent occurrence in your save? → started to become much worse with 2073 tmo

• Does the lag / drop in FPS occur on one island in particular such as your main island or are you experiencing it in multiple locations?
    → see above (only sometimes it also occurs on any islands but I can’t see if this is connected to a daytime or activity)

• Do you have a lot of loose items or a significant amount built on your main island?
    → yes, specifically where the game crashed while saving, but I believe on other islands some random lagging happens as well…

• Can you elaborate on the glitches you experience when traveling via Gyrocopter? What do these look like for you and do they occur at any point in particular? → see above, screen freezes and stutters (until new details are (re)loaded tmo) also happens while on a raft as well as with gyro…

• When the game crashes, is there a spike in lag before this happens? → no, but saving takes seriously more time until the confirmation pops now, but I didn’t investigate if no. if items/ built around does affect saving time as well

And are you kicked the PS4 error screen with the code CE-34878-0 or to the main menu?
→ exactly this was the code from blue screen

Any extra information you can provide about your experiences would be greatly appreciated…
→ At least the save was not corrupted, my heart almost stopped about probably loosing more than 80 days ingame progress. One more thing is the time it takes to quit to the main menu, when confirming, the message stays for around 3-5 seconds until you hear the “click” sound from confirming before it loads back to MM.
And besides but not related… I don’t know about the sharks, but it feels these have become faster somehow (hard to target no matter which weapon I use)? Can’t really tell because I had the need to kill only one, but now always get eaten when trying to defend against - e.g. was hammering a container on a shipwreck from the inside but still got bitten through the container wall, then swam out to see where it went, and even with most daylight, whenever I realised it coming towards me it already ate a part of mine :joy: (pretty scary though, since it was just a hammerhead, rather “low level” compared to what else I’ve seen :flushed:)

When I approach an island it also hangs extremely, partly I have to restart, I now always save before I leave an island that I do not lose too much game time, have the latest version 2074 and started a new game, even the sound hangs partly and seems very mechanical so I play it without sound.

Do not think that it is related to the items on an island, have created an empty island and even then it hangs totally…

1 Like

Im playing with version 2074 and is a older save save that has been updated on single player.
The lag has been happening since 2073 but just been dealing with it so far.
I would say I have a fair bit built but not too much a couple of buildings and a few crates for storage but not significant piles.
The lag has been happening in multiple locations especially when travelling to another island.
When the game crashes it comes up with error code blue screen ce-348878-0 not the main menu.

1 Like

I can confirm the increased lags (fps drop) while sailing / changing island or area. I had also the game crashed during a save. My potatoes also disappeared :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Thank you @Sub, @Bocat, @Skydiamond and @Sodtom for details of your experiences with this.

While this sounds similar to other issues reported in the past, I will create a new report specifically for stability issues in the latest versions and include all of your details.

If you notice anything else that appears to be affected by this, please let me know.

EDIT: I forgot to say, in the past the partial workaround for this involved reducing any loose items and putting them into crates, if you do try this, please let me know if it has any impact, but as your islands don’t seem to have much gathered and it’s occurred in new saves too, I do not expect the old workarounds will have as much of an impact.

2 Likes

Dear @Clare, I originally thought both things were only smaller issues, but let me explain why it really hurts now, making me consider to finally quit playing the game - FPS issue in the meantime caused serious problems, one time when this stuttering happened, all of a sudden I found myself on top of the sail of my raft, I dropped down and died. Ok I thought, I was already hurt before so low health was the issue, maybe partially my own fault. However another time, I found myself in the water behind my raft, lost in the ocean as my raft was travelling to fast to be reached, just was lucky as I was heading towards my main island and didn’t lose both my raft and my life. Besides those really annoying game breaking effects related to these performance issues, it completely kills the atmosphere of the game.

Now to the game crashing when trying to save: It really happens mostly on my major island where I have most items and builds on, but these aren’t many! And most items, based on your suggestion, I stored them in crates so they are no “loose” items anymore. Still - and this was most time-wasting event to me, just when I returned from finally killing Luca successfully, it struck when I was trying to save :cry: I do already pray each time I save it may work, and do save as often as I can to loose as little progress as possible when this bug happens, but that’s not reasonable gaming anymore.

The concept of the game was really enjoyable to me, but now I only want finish (and not yet quit) it, as I would feel betrayed of my success that I can complete the challenge under normal circumstances. However the hours wasted and likely more to be wasted this way will finally tighten my decision to quit, as I’m not seeing these bugs will be fixed anytime soon. I’m just disappointed now, after all the suffering I’ve accepted already from when I started playing the game…

Hi Bocat,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience and your feedback based on these issues and how your gameplay is affected. I completely understand how frustrating these issues are for players and how disheartening it can be to lose progress. I shall pass these details and your feedback onto the team.

While I know the team is working on the next update, I do not have details of what the content of that update will be or when it will be released. I understand this is not the information players would like, but should I receive any extra information from the team regarding future updates and fixes, I will inform the community.

[Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes]

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4][2074] Gyro falling through wood floor

I’m single player on a new save created after the latest update. Day 35. FPS drop is certainly worse on home island than other islands, it seems the more I farm and build the worse it gets.

I get crazy frame rate drops/lag when entering my island (once or twice it crashed the game), or, if I’m on an island right next to mine and I look in the direction of my island it lags. It is covered in some pretty big structures though, so I might be pushing the limits pretty hard.

I have noticed that the game seems to load some of the structures on the wrong spot on the island, and then it all starts to move to the place its supposed to be. (The walls and roof parts will move over to the correct place in bits and peices.) I think it’s trying to load everything in, but then, due to the lag, where it had loaded is no longer the correct spot, as I’ve moved on my raft while the stuff was loading in, making it so that the castle is loaded where is should have been when it first started to load in correlation to where I am.

Commenting so I know I’ve read to here and have added this information to my report for the team.

With regards to traveling to other islands, especially if there’s a lot on them, in the past players have found looking away from the island as they approach it has helped as it can give the game time to load in the island off screen. I know this is not ideal and not easy to do in the Gyro, but I wanted to mentiob it here in case it is able to help anyone.

I can confirm that seems the lag is worse when I return to zone where my home island is (more items, building, etc.)

Thanks for confirming how the issue behaves in your game sodtom. I shall make a note of this for the team.