Ps4/5 Latest Version Containers on shelves duplicating, breaking shelves

Summary
After Sleeping, crates on shelves are duplicating/shifting, which then breaks the shelve, so you cannot place containers on it anymore. Some crates have also just vanished causing a loss in item

Settings
2 custom islands, but base is on a “normal Island”

Steps
Sleeping

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? yes
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. - Nothing fixes,
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

Hi rhornett92,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for reporting this issue. I am sorry to hear this affecting your save, as there was a similar issue reported previously, I have a few additional questions below if you don’t mind. This would help me determine if it’s a new issue for the team to investigate or an version of an older one.

Please let me know:

• Did this only start occuring after the update to 2104 for you, or did you experience it before the update?
  • You mentioned this issue occurs when you sleep? Have you ever experienced it when saving and reloading since you reported the issue?
  • Where are you sleeping in game and what item are you using to sleep?
  • When the containers shift, are they changing position / overlapping other crates or floating out from the shelves themselves?
  • If you remove all containers from an affected shelf, can you then place new containers on it? In previous reports players noted that if they picked up all the related containers, they could use the shelf again.
  • Can you describe your island for me?
    – What is the layout like?
    – How many container shelves do you have?
    – Are they all attached to a raft or on land or both?
    – If they are attached to your raft, how large is your raft?
    – Do you have a large number of loose items on the island or have you tried reducing loose items using the piles feature since the update?
    – If you have any screengrabs of your island and setup this could also be benificial for the team to see.

I understand this issue can be frustrating and time consuming in a gameplay session when you need to reorganise items. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated by the team.

Thank you.

• Did this only start occuring after the update to 2104 for you, or did you experience it before the update? - Started a new game after the new update, so yes, didnt have the issue on a previous save.
  • You mentioned this issue occurs when you sleep? Have you ever experienced it when saving and reloading since you reported the issue?Tried last night and it happens when both sleeping and saving
  • Where are you sleeping in game and what item are you using to sleep? Sleeping at Shelter
  • When the containers shift, are they changing position / overlapping other crates or floating out from the shelves themselves? Can be any combination of these, also had them disappear completely
  • If you remove all containers from an affected shelf, can you then place new containers on it? In previous reports players noted that if they picked up all the related containers, they could use the shelf again. Can remove the crates, but then unable to replace crates in the slot. Say for example one of 3 crates in the shelve is affected, can remove all crates and put back the 2 unaffected slots, but the affected slot, will not accept a crate
    *** Can** you describe your island for me? Island is not a custom made island, large island with the high Mountains (rock formations), 1 hog, 1 boar, 2 large crabs and snake
    – What is the layout like? I have a large structure built up to the top of the rocks, continuing down to the beach, with a “port” for my ship.
    – How many container shelves do you have? On my raft i have 9 shelve units, around my island on structures i have 4 shelve units, on the ground i have 4 shelve units.
    – Are they all attached to a raft or on land or both? Raft, Land and Built Structures
    – If they are attached to your raft, how large is your raft? Raft is 5x4
    – Do you have a large number of loose items on the island or have you tried reducing loose items using the piles feature since the update? everything that can be piled is piled, not a large number of “loose” items

Have also noticed that the raft limit may be affecting structure builds as well? can only seem to place 5 foundations in a line

Hi rhornett92,

Thank you for taking the time to answer all those questions for me in detail, I really appreciate it. From your answers it sounds like, even though it only affected your save after the update, it’s the same issue reported by other players. I’ll add the details you’ve shared above for the team in the hopes it helps them in their ongoing work to resolve this issue.

As the team have had difficulty in isolating the trigger that causes this issue to occur in a save. I believe they might wish to have a look at your save file. The team unfortunately cannot fix and return individual files, but they would use the copy of your save file to test fixes for releasing to the community as a whole.

If you’re happy to share you file, I believe even if you are on PS5, as it is a PS4 game you should be able to transfer it to a USB following the steps below:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Upload the zipped file to a file hosting service such as Dropbox, One Drive or Google Drive and DM me a link to the file. I can them retrieve the file and upload it for the team on our system here.

Thank you again for all the info you provided so far.

Not a problem at all Clare. :slight_smile:

I will try and get that done for you. :slight_smile:

Added some pictures to previous reply, most are just shots of the island, my raft and then one of the container shelve not coming up with the prompt to add container.

Hi Clare ive recently started having this issue aswell on Xbox series X just like rhornett92 first picture the crates look like they have fallen off the shelfs but once i grab them i cant place them back onto the raft shelfs will try and get a picture myself too

A post was split to a new topic: Local co-op on console?

Thank you rhornett92 for those images. I’ll pass them onto the team.

And thank you @Charlie1992 for confirming you’re experiencing this issue too.

Another Xbox player reported a similar issue and in their case 3 crates disappeared, but they found them stuck in the centre of the island. Which would lead me to believe that this issue could be related to another one somehow.

rhornett92, I know from your images it looks like the cliffs are right over the centre of your island so it might be difficult to tell, but have either of you seen evidence of your crates being teleported to the centre at all?

Just an imagine as to whats happening with me clare. So basically i load into the game and the crates are like twisted i can pick them up and then when i try to put them back onto there shelves it just doesnt allow me to

Thanks for that image Charlie1992 - I’ll add it the the report for the team too.

Out of curiousity, did you try add the one crate back to all the empy slots? I remember in an older version of this issue the crate would only go back into the slot it glitched out of - wondering if you tried it and it’s still the case of if the shelves are completely broken by it.

Sorry for the delay clare yes i did try and i can add that one crate to any other slot on any other shelf just not to one it came out off if that makes any sense lol also i did break down the shelf and put another one there and i could put the “glitched crate” into any slot if that helps

Ah, so it’s the reverse of what I was thinking. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for confirming that for me Charlie1992 - very much appreciated as always :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem at all clare happy to help. Does the team have any idea what may have caused the issue ? I say issue its not exactly game breaking just a little bit annoying i guess lol

I haven’t heard too much in regards to updates about this issue other than it’s still being actively worked on by team members. I’ll see if I can find anything else out :thinking:

I totally understand while it’s not gamebreaking for a lot of players, it is definately an annoying one and very time consuming to rearrange crates after it happens.

No worries clare at least we know there working on it im sure they’ll sort something soon enough :grin:

1 Like

Hi Clare,

Never noticed crates teleporting, like charlie1992 - my crates are always slightly misaligned in the shelves or slightly overhanging/not in the slot.

Thank you for confirming rhornett92 - I think the misalignment seems to be the more common form of this issue.

Just checking in - and no worries if it’s not possible - but were you able to extract a copy of your game save at all?

I have a fix for this. If you pick up a crate stuck on the ground by reloding your save (the original stuck crate issue) this crate will now create duplicates if you place it in the ctate shelves once you remove it from the shelf a 2nd crate is now in its place if you dont remove it after 3-4 relods of the game the crate will disapear but the game thinks its still there to fix this try to destroy the shelf if that doesn’t work you need to duplicate a crate and the duplicate crate will go into the shelf then remove it right away and the shelf is fixed.

If you label all your crates 1,2,3 etc. when you pull it off the shelf if crate 2 is replaced by a duplicare throw both crate 2 and the duplicate away because crate 2 will always create a duplicate if any duplicates have items in them the items will disappear along with the crate after a couple reloads so make sure they are empty.

Hope this made sense. Just don’t pick up crates that are stuck when tryinng to loot them.

Hi @Dart, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for sharing what you’ve used as a workaround for this in your save. I’ll pass your findings onto the team as it may help them in some of the issues with crates that they’re working on.